Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #521
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
I gave my puffers what might have been their most entertaining meal yet. Found a fat earthworm that was about 6 inches long and just dropped it in the tank. It took them a while to stop being scared of it but they worked as a team and ate it up. Tried taking a video but I thought I pressed cord but didn't.
Well! Sure sounds like a tasty meal!

Today is the usual. Fed fish. Contemplated water change schedule. Dreaded cleaning the 55 gallon again. lol.

Also, I'm gonna make the most expensive Amazon.com order yet. I need some CO2 stuff, equipment for the Betta tank, fertilizers, and maybe some lights!! Whew!

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #522
Aquarium Advice Freak

Busy tank day!
I did a 50% pwc on Alfred's tank, in my office, adding a wee bit of salt to help combat the beginnings of fin rot. Also replaced his heater with a new one that seems to be much more effective. And since I was mucking around anyway, I re-scaped it.

Came home and tackled my 29 gallon. Tests showed a bit of ammonia still, so I did a 50% pwc on that, emptying the buckets into my veggie patch. Added fresh water with both stability and prime because my tap water has 0.25 ammonia in it right now. Took out the crushed coral I put in on the weekend because my new pH test says I am at 7.2.

Fed my neons and my son's betta, Jupiter. Fed Alfred a wee bit before I left the office, too.

Stared at my tank, trying to decide if my plants are happy. I think they are. Watched bubbles drift up from my water change. Tried to work out if I could justify staring at my tank more instead if working more. Decided to up-date my tank journal and some other threads instead, but I am running out nor excuses now.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #523
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Turned on the tank lights my angel died. Last night I discovered he had Pop eye when I came home from work.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #524
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fed the crew and ordered some root tabs and new plants. This online shopping thing is starting to get addicting.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #525
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilson133 View Post
Turned on the tank lights my angel died. Last night I discovered he had Pop eye when I came home from work.
I'm very sorry for your loss.....

I fed my RCS tank dried earthworm flakes..... talk about going nuts! Not only did I have a ton of shrimp, of all ages, going postal on me, all the berried females came out, too. Didn't know I had so many. I'm about to have a baby boom!
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #526
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my new tanks today! So today I'll be spending the day scrubbing and scrapping to get these things clean, plus they have been outside for a while so they both need new silicone
Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #527
Aquarium Advice Addict

I put an algae tab in the 55 for the nerite snails. They ignored them completely. All the fish seem to like them. I guess I didn't need to feed them flakes this morning.

Finished tearing down my 5 gal and am cleaning it so that I can turn it into a pico reef in a few weeks. Or whenever I buy rock and seawater.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #528
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Did about a 70% change on my 20 gallon today and will do the other tanks tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #529
Aquarium Advice Addict

Laid on the sofa, snuggled with the 3 dogs, got my zen moment just watching the fish.......
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #530
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have fed my fish some flake.

Then I'm off to the LFS to get some 39w T5HO LIGEGLO tubes for my lighting upgrade.

Jon

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »