What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plants must have some copper or something like that always rinse ur plants before putting them is what i do

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

The plants must have some copper or something like that always rinse ur plants before putting them is what i do

Probably, but I've had them soaking for 3 day's, now I'm losing the Amanos but I've already done a 100% clean on my elephant nose tank and unsure whether I can do more? I have added carbon to the filter as well. So stressed out!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Srry about your shrimp dying had 2 die yesterday got stuvk in my eheim350 skim sucks built a screen for it so should be fine

Yep it's rubbish, sorry about yours :( I've just went ahead and changed a couple of buckets again so we'll see tomorrow if it's worked.

30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Finally getting around to resetting our tanks this weekend. Below is my wife's betta tank that was originally set up in a high school Spanish classroom.

Attachments

• 1472330227778.jpg
    1472330227778.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 100
Did the bi-annually canister filter clean on my 700 which unfortunately requires me to pretty much completely empty the tank cabinet, shelves and all ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472339285.833880.jpg but I guess it forces me to clean the 6 months of 'I'll just put that there for now' approach

Probably, but I've had them soaking for 3 day's, now I'm losing the Amanos but I've already done a 100% clean on my elephant nose tank and unsure whether I can do more? I have added carbon to the filter as well. So stressed out!

More water change if you can, after coffee.

Add maximum amount of Prime 7x dosage.

Maybe the water department flushed the lines from a breakage or change of main line or repair or extra treatment of algae or something similar. You might call and check with them just so you can know.....

Check if you can get some of this
Seachem - CupriSorb

I am so sorry that is happening to you.:bawl:

~~~~~

Last night wasn't sleepy so took a bunch of pics of the fish and watched all of them in their tanks for awhile.

Took some pics for shellyx. Started because she wanted to see some of the new fish & Neons. Only got a couple good pics of them though but an assortment of all the fish too.

Was especially awed at watching the Microdevario Kubotai.

Not very good pics but you can see why, they are in my top most favorite fish - they are bright green but then they have this amazing color flash on them!!! Of course much prettier even, in person.
I am in love :smitten:

60074-albums13090-picture70527.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70526.jpg

60074-albums14573-picture70525.jpg

Some additional pics...most of them are still not edited, they turn sideways and I have to go back and turn them and then load them to the albums. So they might be coming over the next few days.

Pardon in advance if I end up with similar pics or repeats :popcorn:

A better shot of one of the very colorful Snakeskin Endlers
60074-albums14573-picture70524.jpg

My little buddy in some Macroalgae, which looks like it has white flower buds and a flower!
60074-albums14535-picture70538.jpg

Flower I think, is the white flower looking thing in the center just to the right.

Very crazy!!!

60074-albums14535-picture70539.jpg

Buds coming up through the Chaeto
60074-albums14535-picture70541.jpg

Thread started about it here
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/teacups-macro-algae-flowers-350746.html#post3376644

Now some Neons though the biggest number of them are in QT. Fingers crossed but so far so good.

Here with some Glow Light Tetras and the Very huge Moss ball.
60074-albums11380-picture70530.jpg

A bit of a blur but ...
60074-albums11380-picture70532.jpg

And in this pic the last Green Neon is the long green Streak!

60074-albums11380-picture70531.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple more

Angel-ina the long fin Albino Green Dragon
60074-albums11380-picture70542.jpg

Her pal Albino long fin Green Dragon
60074-albums11380-picture70528.jpg

My personal favorite selected from a whole tank full of Green Dragon for a beautiful fish with pretty cream edging on the tail!!!
60074-albums11380-picture70545.jpg

Definitely been the plant's Autumn, had them soaking in a bucket which was making a strange odour so it's been all my fault ??
Removed more buckets from Gonzos tank the Amanos were still looking uncomfortable so I didn't want to just leave them but... They all survived even the 1 that was upside down dying!

Autumn your pic's are beautiful! Absolutely love the fish especially the plecos ? the kubotia are so pretty, the guy I bought my bnps off has those for sale.
Well I have been thinking of moving my guy's from the 30g over to the 55 when Gonzo gets his, but I'd think my boraras would get sucked into the filter soo I'm thinking about it!
No more deaths in the boraras tank filter feeders have just came back out so I'm more relaxed. Coffee time ?

Autumnsky what type of plant is this? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472396818.108195.jpg

All your pics are awesome. Even the blurry ones, lol. I have lots of those too. Not all the fish are posers like Betta's.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumnsky what type of plant is this? View attachment 289009

All your pics are awesome. Even the blurry ones, lol. I have lots of those too. Not all the fish are posers like Betta's.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Saltwater - Caulerpa racemosa var. peltata aka Teacups - a cool but ultimately pest macroalgae like most of the Caulerpas.

They look cool, take over the tank without algae eating critters to keep them at bay. Then they melt on you or what is called going sexual (I didn't make that up). Turn to white slime and cause a mess of the water parameters.

Very nice except it went from cute to melt, to big, to melt, to giant and now this :) Very interesting plant and I am not unhappy to have grown it. Also happy it wasn't in a big SW display tank or something though.

Thinking I will need to eliminate it when I change/upgrade tanks. So cute too. Darn.

Definitely been the plant's Autumn, had them soaking in a bucket which was making a strange odour so it's been all my fault ??
Removed more buckets from Gonzos tank the Amanos were still looking uncomfortable so I didn't want to just leave them but... They all survived even the 1 that was upside down dying!

Autumn your pic's are beautiful! Absolutely love the fish especially the plecos ? the kubotia are so pretty, the guy I bought my bnps off has those for sale.
Well I have been thinking of moving my guy's from the 30g over to the 55 when Gonzo gets his, but I'd think my boraras would get sucked into the filter soo I'm thinking about it!
No more deaths in the boraras tank filter feeders have just came back out so I'm more relaxed. Coffee time ?

That is making more sense now. Definitely get the Cuprasorb it will help remove heavy metals. Probably can find at a SW fish store or order.

The importers have to treat the plants to make sure they don't have pests, and it must be a whopper of a cocktail to get pests and diseases as well. Imagining people might not be particularly careful when measuring either.

So glad you were able to do enough pwc to catch it. Keep up the added treatment with the Prime too for awhile. There may be other resin type media additive which could help and be safe for your guys.

As for the Plecos, it is all your fault I now have 7 additional variety of Plecos!!!
Thanks Shellyx and Finley!!!
~~~~~~~

Trying to make the time to run over to the lfs to see if they have any foods I am wanting. Had planned on ordering online and then the prices were average not great, so I didn't now I am at the bottom of the container of the tiny pellets I usually use for the Neons, say I'm going through them faster now with 20 some Guppies and nealy 60 Neons! lol

I didn't feed last night because the fish are getting over fed. Which is what I often do, worrying that the little young fish won't get enought to eat!!! :facepalm:

I'm looking into cuprasorb think I'm going to have to import it? I'll try my lfs tomorrow give them a call. Definitely want some.
Finlay and I say sorry! Lol, they're so cute ? my new one is called Gizmo Lol and tiny.
You have the same problem as me with my boraras except yours are neons I have 61 little guy's and don't know where they've all came from.
Amanos are out feeding tonight such a relief. But removed a dead crs from the boraras tank, I must have hardly any left. So sad.

Been a long weekend, finally reset 5 tanks after the move. Drip acclimating everyone to the new water is taking FOREVER. Now I just have to catch a crapload of guppy fry.

Moved the fish around a little.

Found 2 baby guppies and captured them from the 46G. They are tiny! Now in breeder net.

Took out the ~40 Neons and 2 male Endlers. Acclimated and then removed them to the 72G to hang out with their friends!!!

Removed the 2 XL Angels over to the 46G after they got acclimated.

Things seem calmer now with the big guys in their own space.

The female Guppies and the 2 big Angels will just need to co-exist for awhile. I added a huge chunk of Anubias over to the 46G to add cover for the fish. And added some Guppy Grass as well.

I looked around the outside buckets for any Daphnia and didn't notice a single one.

Found a flower on the Anacharis, always a pretty sight.

Removed a mass of Cladophora algae from one of the containers and had to pick out all the real Java Fern, and other little plants. None of the other buckets had any. Only the brandy snifter full of it which had it before, I just left it as I don't think there are really any plants in there any more anyway.

Removed a handful of Clado from the 12G Edge, looks better now.

Most of the tanks are over grown but I am leaving them as is for now.

Getting ready for another round of changing things. Have company coming a this next week - couple weeks earlier than expected, so I will be putting any further tank changes off til after that.

2 more pics and then who knows when. Neons found their friends!!!

60074-albums11380-picture70547.jpg

60074-albums11380-picture70546.jpg

Did pwc on the 46G - 10G, and a 10G pwc on the 72G. Mixed the minerals into the water to keep up the KH.

Didn't get to the lfs did all this instead! Running low on Prime! Tomorrow for sure.

60% water change on my 29g, and tackled my 5 gallon mess. Just to clear any confusion why it got to that point, I was curious how the water tested with waiting 2 weeks before wc. Today made 16 days, and algae has exploded, including a bunch of cyano :/ Hopefully it'll be completely back under control later this week lol

Jesse

Attachments

• 1472451972304.jpg
    1472451972304.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 1472451984334.jpg
    1472451984334.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 1472451994543.jpg
    1472451994543.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 68
Woke up thos morning 3 of my orange zebra otos died no clue why? Paras are all good. Sux big times?

Woke up thos morning 3 of my orange zebra otos died no clue why? Paras are all good. Sux big times?

Ahh sorry to hear that :( totally rubbish for you.

Sucks! I love otos But after losing 6 earlier this year and the two that made it didn't make it through the move. I'm not sure I want any more any time soon. Though the lfs down the street has a tank of 20 or so.

That is the worst King. So sorry to hear. Did you check your water parameters?

Did extra pwc on SW nano - 2G, and did 2.5G on the 11.4G & 12G, and 15G instead of 10G on the 72G. Happy to get that out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom