What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow - congrats ?

Did you get many?

I only saw a handful but didn't want to move around the plant too much to look. Will get better idea when empty them into the pond before it starts freezing. That pot is too shallow for nj winters lol. Actually the first batch I've had live since I removed the gravel from the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water change day.... Did ~60% on the community tank. Put 20% or so back as tap water (well). Ph is now 6.5 ish... I'll check it again in the morning after an air stone has been on it all night. Bh has gone way up. Can't recall exact numbers but it's doubled what it was before.

Loaches seem quite a bit calmer, though it is feeding time and everyone is munching.

Changed 80% of the fry tank. Guppies as usual played in the water coming in. Kribs have grouped up, and are pecking around the Java moss in the tank.

Betta tanks are tomorrow night, the massive Apple snails I put in there with them make massive messes. :O

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Very cute gemach7!

Had to scoop out a dead danio from my school's tank :( It was practically ripped to shreds and the gold gourami is definitely to blame. We were going to rehome both this week.

Gave the fish a bit of a fast today and light dinner tonight.

Did a 2G pwc on the SW nano.

The monster sized Chaeto ball is SOOOOO big - say nearing 1/3rd space in the 6.6G Edge tank. It is getting a bit pale so it need some more minerals. I add them about 3x per week, but I think it needs something more now as it isn't coloring back up after the additions. Probably since it is a Chaeto MONSTER, lol.

Just don't want to add too much of the minerals, so will need to check if there is a specific one it needs, that won't bother the fish and inverts. Might also just try a little, maybe half the amount every day instead of every other or so.

Do the pwc more often too.

All the fish seem alright for now with the recent changes, and the QT.

Filled all tanks for evap.

Ugh!!! The 2 adult Angelfish in the 46G were fighting non stop this morning and I needed to leave so I moved the younder one over to the 72G hoping that he would get along with the rest of the tank since he was moved out, would maybe be nicer as the other older one Gold Cap was the major instigator.

But no such luck.

He's chasing around the other fish especially the Opaline Gourami which is not amused and is in full stress pattern/color and also noted will move away from the biter Angelfish but is not happy about it not able to search the cricks and crevices of the plants for missed food pellets any time he wants to. Not too sure what to do with him now.

Guess he (and the other AF guy) needs a rehome to a semi aggressive tank and maybe he will be kept in line, but not be eaten. So irritated they aren't getting along like I had expected.

He is chasing pretty much all the fish and biting at them too.

Darn fish!!!

Ahh sorry to hear your Angel's are being naughty Autumn, I know that feeling ? nothing worse.

Well, it's been the first day for weeks I haven't cleaned a tank out today! Checked Gonzos water everything is perfect soo decided to not bother him. Bought a new log for him to hide in, he was far too big for it so back in with the pvc pipe ? got new plant's coming so hopefully it'll fill in the tank.

Boraras tank is looking good, sadly euthanized 2 a couple of days ago they didn't look good, everyone else is fine and coloured up well. Both plecos are more settled so fingers crossed!
The Betta is doing fine except for a rip in his tail haven't a clue how he's managed it. Always something ?

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Thanks. Not much - unbareably busy this week. Just observing the fish mostly when I can to see how they are behaving. Mostly well.

After taking a head count as much as one can with Neon Tetras zipping around, I think I am down about 20 Neons and believe the giant catfish which seems to come out of hiding when there are fish to eat and it is dark and no one is looking, may be the culprit. Pretty much haven't been seeing him pop out at late night blue lights on feedings, so I fear he has found the buffet!

Was planning on moving him over to the 46G but need to aquire a nice size DW for him to hide in as that is his favorite. And then had the illness and needed that tank for the sick fish.

Sad that I have lost those. Never seen a dead body or any parts. All were nice and healthy before they went into the tank. Going to be moving him this week before he gets too many more QT is nearly over.

Turned on the lights, fed the fish some freeze dried Tubifex.

Went to the lfs to pick up some food staples and Prime for water change weekend and they had a sale for Neon Tetras so I got all they had 22 for a buck each.

Yipee!

Got home and went to add the Neons into the 46G QT...

Not a happy sight... Upside down floating Angel.

Well it seems that the large older Angelfish in the 46G has died. He was very healthy looking with the exception that he had injury /blood around his nose like he rammed into the floor (its bare bottom) or top of the aquarium. I fed him this morning and he was perky and eating like a pig.

I looked him over closely, skin, gills, eyes and there didn't seem to be any thing else wrong. I am saddened for his loss. He was my grandbaby's favorite because he was biggest fish and bright and always would come up and stare at him and get patted at through the glass and wait to get fed.

60074-albums11380-picture69729.jpg

Moving forward.

Doing a big pwc on the 46G tomorrow and going to add some black sand I have to make a thin layer on the bottom. Planning to move the big huge Neon Tetra snacking Spotted Raphael Catfish to the 46G then and the Upside Down Cat and maybe the Opaline Gourami as well in the next couple weeks.

Need to move the 72G bowfront to the opposite side of the room finally and do a substrate clean and a mini rescape as the medium DW will move with the Spotted Raphael Cat.

Am looking for a replacement DW or a new one for his new tank depends on what I find.

Then the shoal of Neons can live happily ever after in peace. :rolleyes:

Noticing the Black Angel in the 72G nipping at the 3 Koi Angel juveniles.

Darn fish.

Also on the look out for a few more little Clown Loaches for my adopted one to have some more friends.

Still on the look out for a magical deal on a giant bowfront tank like a 150G, stil...lol.

Last edited:
So sorry Autumn ? always difficult to lose a fish that you've become attached too. He was very beautiful.
Well, gave Gonzo a 50 % clean today his parameters have been great since the swap over and he's managed really well. Decided to try my little bristlenose today as the tank is covered in diatoms yuck! The little guy was in his glory till light's out and Gonzo wasn't impressed, so back into the boraras tank with his pal. Definitely won't be adding anything except nerites to his tank Lol
Everything fine in the boraras tank and the bettas.
Ordered more nerites today some for Gonzos and one for the Betta. And new plant's hopefully coming tomorrow.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Thank you, he was a little trouble maker but we were fond of him anyway.

Speaking of trouble makers - Darn Gonzo, not letting ANY other fish take any of the glory of the tank, but keeping all of the attention to himself there in his stunning spacious new home. :lol:

Well in the true spirit of how things usually go...I didn't get one pwc done. Added water for evap late last night.

Had people with too many things for me on the agenda today - none at home near any fish tanks sadly. Not even fish stores with fish tanks! Extra sad to be going all over the place and not close enough to lfs!

Looks like all the Neons are good today, didn't find any dead bodies. Fingers crossed for a nice ~ 2 week uneventful QT.

Jam-packed rest of the week, will try to squeeze in a quick pwc per day, though I have bigger work on the tanks to accomplish, it won't be for about a week. :(

Trying for a 5-10G pwc tonight on the 72G, then a 5-10G in the morning on the 46G.

Also need to sanitize the buckets and nets maybe tomorrrow night, have been keeping them exclusive to the tanks. Everything was left by the tanks for the transition and moving. But now it needs to get cleaned up!!!

Had to start all over with my carpet plants an some others was trimming them forgot i had them out for trimming most of my plants died.
20160926_205550_HDR.jpeg
20160926_205558_HDR.jpeg

Picking up a Biube today. I have got MTS so bad. Man am I gonna be in trouble when my hubbie spots it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom