What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did water changes on 5 tanks last night. Was cleaning the glass in the community tank and realized I have cory eggs. YAY!!!

Learned something important last night. When squeezing out your prefilter sponge in the bucket, make sure it's completely underwater, if it's not completely underwater. Make sure the hole the pickup goes into, isn't facing you.

Let's just say, the crap coming out of that sponge was black and nasty. And yeah, I wore it till I was done.

Picking up a Biube today. I have got MTS so bad. Man am I gonna be in trouble when my hubbie spots it! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ooh can't wait to see the pics. Just infer its been there the whole time, lol!

Did water changes on 5 tanks last night. Was cleaning the glass in the community tank and realized I have cory eggs. YAY!!!

Learned something important last night. When squeezing out your prefilter sponge in the bucket, make sure it's completely underwater, if it's not completely underwater. Make sure the hole the pickup goes into, isn't facing you.

Let's just say, the crap coming out of that sponge was black and nasty. And yeah, I wore it till I was done.

Congrats on the eggs.

Will try and remember that tip for tank cleaning. Lots of important things I have learned like don't accidently drop the O ring seal for the top of your canister filter and not notice until water is pumping out of the top of it and all over the floor...

~~~

Bad news here. Found all but one of the female Guppies dead on the floor of the 46G QT tank about 5 of them. Had one weak looking one that was left. The Neon Tetras lost 4-5 can't really tell for sure as they swim fast, and found 3 confirmed bodies.

Did a 10G pwc and have no idea what the issue is. Do not see any parasites like Anchor worms or Ich. The tank is cycled and the water is good. I am adding some salt, a light amount but maybe useful. It is exasperating.

If I lose any more I will try a broad spectrum antibiotic. I just can't tell what is wrong. They seem fine then ~8-12 hours later dead. With the exception of the one Guppy girl last night which looked unwell. :sad:

Dang autumn... You sound like me when I was trying to get a school of otocinclus going in my tank. I just couldn't keep them alive for the longest time.

Where are you getting them from? Might try a different source. Either way, I would go ahead and try the antibiotic. Water is good and tank is cycled that is about all that is left.

Sorry to hear about your losses Autumn ? I know how that feels. I hope you don't have anymore.

Added new plants too Gonzos tank trying to fill it in looking a bit bare at the moment. Still waiting for the nerite snails I ordered, hopefully they'll arrive today.
Bought a new mag float for his tank (thought it would be easier since I need a step ladder to reach the bottom ?)
Cleaned boraras tank, plecos looking good! The little borara that lost his top fin too disease is doing well and I'm sure the fin is growing back.
Added a nerite too my bettas tank, he seems not bothered about it so we'll see.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Well it was like murder central after arriving home. So many dead Neons. 3 dead Plecos, 2 super red young ones a light and a dark one and the Clown Pleco. Those are the ones that were dreadfully sad to lose. 2 super red left one was listing and losing sucker grip during hte pwc, and wasn't looking good.

Plus one Paradise fish and one Bronze Cory with about 6 Neons out of 22.

Did a huge pwc about 75-80%. Added in Epsom salts half of what I will add the rest in the morning. Added the water in 1/3, then a couple hours later added another 1/3 will add the other 1/3 in the morning.

Wondering if the plants I brought in from outside had some odd thing dropped in my a bird or slug or snail or something. I'm surprised if it had lived through the meds.
Looks like new medication time though I am doubtful at this point.

Have company coming in to town again and working a lot. Just don't have time for this trouble.

Any consolation that the other 4 tanks are doing alright. Thankful for that.

Thinking just keeping one Betta fish might make life easier.

Oh adding some mineral salt into the trouble tank, also in portions to make the additions easy on the fish.

Autumnsky it's like a nightmare. So sad when this happens to anyone and the part that makes it all so insane is never unraveling WHY.

That's horrible for you Autumn ? so sad to hear. Is your ph ok? Just thinking of the time it crashed. I really hope you don't lose anymore, sending you hugs.

My nerites arrived today 5 went into Gonzos tank as it's got a lot of diatoms! Should keep them busy for a while.
Pwc on my bettas tank, all good in there except for a rip in his tail he keeps getting wondering if it's his filter or betta hammock.
Cleaned filter's in the boraras tank rather dirty! Pleco's are getting along a lot better thank goodness really adore these little guy's ?

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Finally found my rouge black spine urchin he is on a killing spree he is taking out all my snails and hermits , I busted him with his spines full of snails and hermits , stupid killing machine now to move him over to my predator tank . and to think I was blaming my wrasses .

Finally found my rouge black spine urchin he is on a killing spree he is taking out all my snails and hermits , I busted him with his spines full of snails and hermits , stupid killing machine now to move him over to my predator tank . and to think I was blaming my wrasses .

"'He seemed like such a nice, quiet urchin,' said Mrs. Thelma Tang, a neighbor."

"'He seemed like such a nice, quiet urchin,' said Mrs. Thelma Tang, a neighbor."

Here you go...
TOamq9fl.jpg

Have not seen my tank in the last few days because of work. Will be doing a plant trim and PWC today. Plus scooping duckweed out of the QT/plant holding tank. No like duckweed.

I put duck week in my tanks and the snails loved it. No more duckweed. $1 spent on snail salad.

Back
Top Bottom