What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tested new 89 gal patio pond. Did 1/3 water change before test. Changed the Marineland 530 out for the underwater filter with light that came with it. Zeros all tests.

29 FW now down to eel, cory, pleco, and gourami, the latter is so laid back now you'd think he was living in San Diego lol... But tests not so good as the tank's vibe, with 80 nitrates and nitrites can't recall at moment but too high so I gave it 2 caps of prime and a spoon of salt. Will do another pwc tomorrow. I have cut back on feeding but am probably still overdoing it. Having a problem with the eel eyeing cory as snack now that eel is bored after the 3 goldfish moved to their new "pond". o_O

PS... Plans are to move the 150 indoors this weekend so anyone who wants to come up to escape the hurricane can get a free meal (other hobby is cooking :p) if you help move this glass monster...

aaronjohn20 said:
Did a 20% pwc on my 10g birthing/fry tank. My 1 mickey mouse moon appears that she may have aborted her pregnancy :-(

Good news, was looking in on the 10g today and the moon that I thought had aborted her pregnancy is holding still. I don't really understand it cause before I could see the lil fish eyes, then nothing, and now I can see them again. Weird!!!!!!!!

Not quite sure if platy s house their young in their mouth or not ,
I know my African ciclids do that , it s weird seeing them spit them out than suck them back in lol , but it sure was a learning experience

54seaweed said:
Not quite sure if platy s house their young in their mouth or not ,
I know my African ciclids do that , it s weird seeing them spit them out than suck them back in lol , but it sure was a learning experience

My Mickey mouse and hi fin variatus fry hide in the plants so the parents don't eat them.

If you see A platy going in the parents mouth, they just became dinner. Live bearers are not mouth brooders. I have enough fry that I think they are safe lol

After three days of being in bed with the flu, I finally felt great enough today to do my water changes. Which were about three days late. I had been performing daily water changes because of a spot of ich on one of my neons, something of which I had not gotten in my tanks in a long time. So I threw in my ear buds, switched on the IPod and cleaned my sand really well, bumped the heat up a bit to 84° (I've been slowly increasing it) and finally planted the Lilaeopsis brasiliensis. I'm hoping that it will start growing *Fingers crossed*

I finally did my weekly pwc on my 55. I've been so focused on my cycling pico reef (and school starte md this week for the kids) that I would look at my 55 and just didn't want to mess with it. I made myself do it tonight and I enjoyed it. I like how the fishies nibble at my arm. It tickles! My water wisteria is really taking off. It's going to be a forest soon!

Attachments

• image-2071568845.jpg
    image-2071568845.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 85
25% pwc on 29 FW and down to 40 nitrate with no gravel in tank cause we are going to move it Sat. Decided to put 150 where it currently is, since it is on a main weightbearing wall. Getting excited about it finally coming together.

Fed outdoor 89 gal water garden fishes, who love the new space.

Sorry you haven't felt well butterfly. Seems every time the seasons start to change, people start catching colds and flu.

Bear...pretty tank!

clearancepuppy said:
25% pwc on 29 FW and down to 40 nitrate with no gravel in tank cause we are going to move it Sat. Decided to put 150 where it currently is, since it is on a main weightbearing wall. Getting excited about it finally coming together.

Fed outdoor 89 gal water garden fishes, who love the new space.

Sorry you haven't felt well butterfly. Seems every time the seasons start to change, people start catching colds and flu.

Bear...pretty tank!

Thanks puppy! And that's just the left corner. Lol!

*suddenly thinking about "Dude Where's My Car" where Ashton Kutcher says, "No, I mean THE WHOLE CAR..." roflmao

I have done a 50% water change on the 29 FW. Tomorrow morning, friends are helping move the extremely heavy 150 glass tank into the house. {{{Getting very nervous}}} Hub misses the 8" shubunkins and comet but I told him they would be much happier outside in the pond garden thingy. Too messy, and I am the one doing the maintenance, so that's that. :p

Got a 25' python.

Briefly considered going salt with the 150, then completely chickened out. Took vote on sand color, black or white. Hub and kid want white. I don't mind it actually, but was sort of wanting black.

i bet that would be the coolest tank if you would have gone salt!! (DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT) :D

put a marineland LED light on my 44 FOWLR and moved the light from that to the 44 Fresh. cant wait to turn on the moon light tonite to see how that looks in the dark.

put my maroon clown (Moony) back in the 75 tonite.

may get a few more angels tomorrow.

may start to work on the flatback hex re-seal project

I am so scared I am going to mess up with salt, for some reason. Or maybe it is fear of commitment...:hide:

Plus, I would have to get a really nice LED lighting system (by "nice" meaning at least $300 and programmable of course) and hub has already been looking at me like...hrm....we already spent $500, and then $150 on the outdoor thingy.

Not an easy sell, but then I can usually find a way to "convince" him we "need" this... :flowers:

Honestly I felt the same way for a long time. Found a good CL deal and since he sold alot of the stuff to get me started i just went with it. I've found that getting it started is the hardest part. I'm still in the "new tank" time frame, but it is getting easier for me. I've got to mixing the salt just about right (your LFS will even sell you salt water btw), and you just have to keep up with a few extra parameters.

if it wasnt for my love for angelfish and guppies I'd have all saltwater tanks right now

After three months of going back and forth I finally added water to my 55g! Saltwater!

Excited and nervous at the same time so I will be taking my time with my new saltwater tank

Took down my 30 gallon turtle tank in anticipation of the completion of my new 55 gallon with custom 3d background! Sooo excited!!!!!

pcdebb said:
good luck! one thing i've learned about saltwater, time and patience is key :)

Someday, my friend, someday...

The 150 is in the house and sand is waiting to be put in. Now nappie tiemz :D. Back at it later.

bigbanker said:
After three months of going back and forth I finally added water to my 55g! Saltwater!

Excited and nervous at the same time so I will be taking my time with my new saltwater tank

Awesome!! It took me 3 months of staring at my 5 gal fluval before I added saltwater! Now its about done cycling and I'll be getting a hermit crab or something small soon. Woot! Do you have a build thread?

Sand is washed (took four bags of play sand, help from hub and kid, and the very last fringe edge of my last nerve)...is in the 150 tank, which is FINALLY FILLED WITH ACTUAL WATER to be cycled, now closing the door on it all til tomorrow x_x

Back
Top Bottom