What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather cheeky, laying eggs on another snail's shell. :lol:
No joke. It cracks me up.

I had finished my old bottle of phenol red when I did my last water check, and my new bottle was clear. I shook it hard for a long time, but it never got color. It never did anything to the water I put it in, either.

I went to the pet shop closest to my house, and they had the high range pH test kit but no other API kits at all. I asked, and the guy said they could order it for me. He suggested the Tetra strips. No thank you.

So I'm carting around a sick toddler who keeps saying, "I just want to go home!" except that she also wants to look at the axolotles. In the same tank as one of them was this very active "leopard" snail. Looks like an apple to me, and the mystery snail we currently have in the 29 gallon just sulks in the corner. So obviously we brought home Vanilla Snail, who is now hanging on to the underside of the bamboo leaves.

1476919852601.jpg

I just love those poop machines called snails!

So after getting that Mopani wood, it actually has about 3 knot holes in it, couldn't be happier with the price and nice looking piece. The Mopani DW chunk made some really nice tannins in the 46G tank!

But started shopping around for a better center piece type DW for the tank.

Then nearly choked as I reviewed some of the prices people were asking for DW and different types of stones (started looking at Seiryu stones and some others) wow.

My huge DW piece was under $30 (I think) so I must have got a great deal, or prices have really gone up in a few years!!!

Also got some sticker shock from pricing some other items. So I am just shaking my head!

Then I remembered I wasn't going to stock the 46G at all (as in not keep it) but the problem is the one giant (Neon Tetra and similarly shaped fish eater) Spotted Raphael Cat which I have had the longest now of any of the other fish I keep. Since a tiny baby just over a half inch - now probably 8". Which I really like (except for the fish eating issue :eek:).

So if I want to see 50-60 Neons schooling around the 72G, I can't keep the SRC in there! It is too huge for the 12G, lol. Dilemma.

So today I had ~$40 I wanted to spend on fish so the choice was to be 40 Neons which were on sale for $1. each or 8 @ 4.99 fish - not on sale and hardly ever catch the lfs store when they have them in. Sundadanio Axelrodi Blue aka Neon Blue Rasbora.

Went to look at the Neons and one had Ich, so I steered clear of that mess - though there are other chain store locations I could look for them at.

Will look at the Sundadanios, maybe tomorrow. Or save the $$ for the CAS Auction coming up.

Dwarf baby tears coming back to life iv been able to take the staghorn algae to only the heater seem s to be staying away. Twisted fingers lol

80f426d69a87c09de3443ecc6e44797f.jpg

05ab1288d3578eea7c0a03402029d540.jpg

My new glass outflow in thw glass intake is in the mail
90e7629361f0dc7c9cb1db2205517ae5.jpg

Set up my new bettas home
2.5gl havent named my betta yet either. He s a super delta. Any name ideas? 20161023_171537_HDR.jpeg20161023_171520_HDR.jpeg

Vacuum, PWC and slight rearrange just to keep the betta engaged. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477273736.103664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Decided to regenerate the purigen. I opened the previously unopened bag-- but then realized that our bleach is splashless. Now I can't put it back in until I get a new bag but I can't clean it until I get regular bleach. Grumble.

??? I only chose 3 pics why so many more hmmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
Put in a big order (for me anyway) of lots of stuff for the SW Nano.

Found Rock Flower Anemones available for a reasonable price!!! Am so excited. I ordered 4 common and 1 fancy (glows in actinic lighting). They said they had one similar to the white one I lost, so I am excited to see what arrives.

Other Macro Algaes and new snails and such. Since I had to pay overnight shipping I went big. :angel: Plus they are on sale too 15% saving and a free treat worth 10% of what you ordered, and John at Reef Cleaners has always been kind, helpful, and generous with sending stuff so I am planning on what will be like Christmas for me!

Added water and minerals to the tanks for refill from evaporation.

Have to go get SW tomorrow so I can do a couple pwc - Thursday PM and Friday AM before all the new stock come, want the water to be perfect for when they all arrive.

Hoping the decision to have this stuff shipped and not being able to pick it out myself, will end up being a good one. Just a wee bit of anxiety.

Also getting pretty excited for the CAS fish auction Saturday, though I don't have much money left for that now!

Then somehow forgot to turn on the 72G light this morning (and yes. I know they make timers for that) I like to do it. I have a drawer full of assorted timers.

Last edited:
Even more excited atm, I just confirmed 2 Dwarf Brittle Stars in the SW tank!!! I see one eating in the Macro Algae and the other in the rock crevice which was where I thought I had seen too many legs!!!

One has to be Dwarf as it has been in there for over 2 years and is really small. The other one am not sure when it came in but it seems small still 2-3" (not a giant 12") and I haven't added anything in a long while. :multi: Really excited, to see it as I nearly was going to pull out a couple chunks of MacroAlgae and sell them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom