Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #541
Aquarium Advice Freak

50% change on the water in my main tank. Still no clue what turned up on the glass. Seems to be taken care of with the combination of the glass magnet and the gravel vac, but still...

Old 05-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #542
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB
just did 50% water changes on all my 3 tanks and hubby's single tank (what is he thinking, just one tank?)
One? Having one tank is possible? How?

I've just enjoyed my nice clean tanks today, at least until I went to work. Did all the cleaning yesterday and the day before.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #543
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
One? Having one tank is possible? How?
I'm a little embarassed to be related to this guy.......

Did some close observation on the 16 gallon. The corys were hiding out the last few days, which is not their typical behavior. Ends up the heater setting had been bumped down and the tank was cooler than it should've been. Once I readjusted the heater to proper temp and hung two thermometers to keep track, everyone was back to their old selves.

Pays to understand what's normal for your species.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #544
Aquarium Advice Addict

It was freaky. I have a small breeding box that I keep my small endlers until they are big enough to live outside it. Its slats in the bottom are big enough so they can fit through, so I stretched pantyhose to prevent their escape. Then today, BANG! Three of the 12 or so were outside the box. I saw that the pantyhose had slipped off a corner of the box. I quickly pulled it back over the corner, and caught two of the escaped endlers. The third one I tried to catch, but then, POOF! He disappeared. So I've lost 2 endlers, one was an experiment to see if they were big enough to put in the big tank, but he... didn't survive long. Found him stuck to the filter intake, dead as a doornail.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #545
Aquarium Advice Activist

I decided to switch my substrate today from boring icky gravel to sand. Took out all my fish, started moving plants, and OH! I found some babies hiding in the java moss lol.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #546
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got some angels ( finally) and got to rescaped the 16 gal

Attachment 94732

Attachment 94733

Attachment 94734

Attachment 94735

Attachment 94736

Attachment 94737
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #547
Aquarium Advice Addict

30% PWC on my 29 gallon. Pruned my java ferns. I am letting the daughter plants float, so now when I go look at my tank, I see the ferns floating and freak out a second because I think its a causality. Also did a quick gravel vac in preparation for my plant delivery.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #548
Aquarium Advice FINatic

30% change In my 36g & 29g.
Added 10 neons in my 36 they seem to be acclimating nicely.
Put 7 gold barb in my 55g to add to the 5 I have now..their kinda nervous but I think they'll be okay.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #549
Aquarium Advice Addict

i took out a ton of java moss from my 55,and added it to my 10. i also saw the one fry i put in there. man,is he gonna be happy
Old 05-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #550
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Traded up a angel for 3 red velvet swordtails 1 male 2females. Discovered that I have 3 female platies..:/

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »