What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
added a couple of 2-stripes to the 44 gallon fowlr
added a couple of angels to the 44 gallon fresh
cleaned out the flatback hex to start working on sealing it up

i'm looking for some sort of goby for sand-sifting duties but can't find anything. may have to do some driving tomorrow to find something. want to add something to the 75.

Nothing because im outta town. Before I left my mom said she would feed the fish, had to hide the food. Not trusting her with turning on/off the lights. I just know that she would leave them on too long. Crossing my fingers she docent do anything 'because the fish looked hungry' lol

Bearchumjs said:
Awesome!! It took me 3 months of staring at my 5 gal fluval before I added saltwater! Now its about done cycling and I'll be getting a hermit crab or something small soon. Woot! Do you have a build thread?

No.... I tend to feel like I'm talking to myself. I did order my lights and currently contemplating a skimmer

150 running with Marineland 530 FINALLY.

(((( collapse))))

Attachments

• image-2865802902.jpg
    image-2865802902.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 91
@ bigbanker. Awesome! Id have a skimmer on my 55 if it were running as salt. I don't know of any good brands though.

@ clearancepuppy. That is huge!! I'm so glad it finally in the house. Sounds like it was a ton of work!

Bearchumjs said:
What size tank did you buy? Too bad my husband doesn't want a 55 gal tank for his bday....

Too small? I think he probably wants a 125, and he'll love it if you surprise him.

Slade said:
Too small? I think he probably wants a 125, and he'll love it if you surprise him.

LMAO! Aquarium stuff is my hobby. Plus a 125 may fall through the floor. I'd get myself another tank (40 gal breeder) but I'm working on my pico reef project and don't need one right now. Speaking of which- its nearly done cycling and I redid the rockscape today. :)

If anyone is interested in my build it's titled "5 gallon Fluval chi nano?". It's getting to the good part where I get to buy a fish soon!

I've done what I've done for the past week, splashed water in with a cup to keep it aerated and done small water changes. Power went out early Tuesday when a tree broke and took out my meter pole and the line to my house. So we have to wait for an electrician to come hook us back up. Should be done tomorrow. But so far my only losses have been some neons that my crayfish thought were supposed to be their tasty dinner. I guess they weren't happy about not being fed to conserve water quality. I did get my python in last week, but I need to get an adapter for it to fit my sink. Figures, lol. So now I'm sitting at a coffee shop enjoying some AC and Internet while I can.

Boiling rocks for new tank. Put filter material from other in new tank. Getting clearer. Going to do tests on both later tonight.

Did a 30% clean on my big tank, my husband helped arrange the plants think it,ll be the last time he,ll do it my elephant nose constantly chased & nipped him, don't think he was too impressed lol then I cleaned my bettas tank :)

After being away for a 2 week vacation, I did a 75-85% water change for Barney and Titus.

I'm about to start cycling for my 46g mixed reef.

Heard from a member of my aquarium society about Petco restarting the Dollar Per Gallon Sale. Ends 9/22?

Terrance said:
After being away for a 2 week vacation, I did a 75-85% water change for Barney and Titus.

I'm about to start cycling for my 46g mixed reef.

Heard from a member of my aquarium society about Petco restarting the Dollar Per Gallon Sale. Ends 9/22?

It may be by location. My petco isn't doing it. At least I don't think. They had one in july at my local store. Give your store a call and ask!

I moved my last remaining marbled crayfish into my 56 gallon tank this morning and changed about 60% of the water in that tank when I got home from work. Power is still out, and the 5 gallon tank crashed bad last night. All but one Marbled cray were belly up by the time I changed their water last night, and I'm pretty sure most of the snails and shrimp in there are gone, too. Thought I might pass out hauling the buckets in the hot house today, but I managed. I'm going to see about picking up an adapter for my new water changer tomorrow when the local hardware store reopened from labor day. Good news is, power will be back Wednesday at the latest, and today starts a two week vacation from work so I can get my tanks back into prime condition once we get power back on.

Back
Top Bottom