Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #5491
Aquarium Advice Addict

Minor business.

Qt1 +4
Qt2+3
45litres+5

Night feed.

Stock o.k.

J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #5492

Came home from the lfs and found a large squirrel had
Gotten into my cockatiels cage and had scratch/bited them (two of them) and now i have to go to the vet tommarow and that will cost some $ so im afraid all funding for the tanks is now 0.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #5493
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to georgetheplec
i love this thread!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #5494
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Mainly every day feed, watch them a little and check on everyone briefly, lots of working right now, not very much fish fun for me .

A couple days ago I ate at a Korean restaurant and they featured stainless steel chop sticks. I ask about buying them and they said no, but my daughter bought some for me online while we sat and ate lunch, LOL so I can use them in my tanks for arranging my plants and rocks and almost anything. I use the bamboo ones for all kinds of things and I am excited about it. Yeah I am a fish addict, I admit it. They haven't arrived yet.

I couldn't move the Koi Angel pair AGAIN this week, and they just laid eggs again. I was going to move them tomorrow but I hate to move them as they just laid the eggs and are fertilizing them now as I write this...

I found a really pretty Red Rili Shrimp in my Fire Reds 6.6G Edge tank (they pop up occasionally) and I have at least two brown red "chocolate cherry" shrimp. Since these lovely different shrimp will degrade my dark red shrimp I am trying to decide what action I will take on them.

Frozen brine shrimp for the next feeding. This should make everyone happy!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #5495
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got a lot of coloured cable ties and used them to label my plugs. Blue for filters, red for heaters, yellow for lights. Also used them to label my quarantine tank's syphon and bucket so I don't accidentally mix things.

Cabletied my multiplug to the bottom of the stand so it's less likely that water can get to it by running down cables.

All neat now!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #5496
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Test all tanks. Today is water change day. Buckets hoses and an old power head to put the water back in tanks. My fish room will be a mess for a while today.
Plus I have a little 10 gallon tank to set up for my 7 year old daughter. I am considering giving her a 20 gal tall tank that I am not useing at the moment.
Lots of things to get done with my fishy friends today.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #5497
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a productive day today, tested both tanks, water change for the guppies - rearranged their tank, connected new air stone, scrubbed and scrubbed all plants and decorations that I was given. Attempted to count fry in tank - gave up, decided snails were required so went and bought some and added them (they are way cool to watch!!) cleaned all the outside of the tanks, started setting up my guppy nursery as I have 4 females ready to drop any day Then spent an hour or so watching them all while I had a beer awesome day
Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #5498
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Water change and re-introduced a b/n catfish back out of QT. Bit of a squabble going on as territories are sorted out again.

The plants were apparently grown across and blocking a hidey-hole for the loaches as they have been all carefully pruned / destroyed.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #5499
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
Got a lot of coloured cable ties and used them to label my plugs. Blue for filters, red for heaters, yellow for lights. Also used them to label my quarantine tank's syphon and bucket so I don't accidentally mix things.

Cabletied my multiplug to the bottom of the stand so it's less likely that water can get to it by running down cables.

All neat now!
★That is really cool, I like that idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynleigh View Post
I had a productive day today, tested both tanks, water change for the guppies - rearranged their tank, connected new air stone, scrubbed and scrubbed all plants and decorations that I was given. Attempted to count fry in tank - gave up, decided snails were required so went and bought some and added them (they are way cool to watch!!) cleaned all the outside of the tanks, started setting up my guppy nursery as I have 4 females ready to drop any day Then spent an hour or so watching them all while I had a beer awesome day
★Sounds like progress=) and beer is good too. Lol
Old 12-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #5500
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just got home. About to turn on lights and feed all tanks. I work at my lfs today, dropping off hermit crabs and guppies for pond (mosquito control). Also I have to drop off a package at the post office. Happy holidays everyone!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com