What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta a question fellow planted + 24/7 owners would I be able to grow high light to med light plants with a 24" planted + 24/7 on a tank with these demensions
23.6" x 11.8" x 14.2".

New crypt parva in the 10g has gone into the melt phase. I'm trying Seachem Advance to see if that helps it adjust. This weekend I'll be moving more platy juveniles into that tank to take some of the pressure off the 20-long.

New crypt parva in the 10g has gone into the melt phase. I'm trying Seachem Advance to see if that helps it adjust. This weekend I'll be moving more platy juveniles into that tank to take some of the pressure off the 20-long.
Lol platys multiply like crazy . Trying to find a par chart for the finnex planted + 24/7 24" light no luck so far

Cried.

Actually I've just been counting. Every time I walk by, I count.

Added Furan-2 to the big tank. Debating removing the plants so that the salt doesn't kill them.

Went to three different stores looking for Kanaplex.

The curved scissors and micros (CSM+B) ferts from GLA showed up today.
Nice. Saw finnex came out with a new planted plus 24/7 looks so cool only 3 reviews only Amazon so far but looks nice more red LEDs an it actually turns off at night. See if I can get it next maybe if the wife let's me.

The long postponed small scale rescape of my betta tank happened today. I've put it off a while because my community tank was messy. I couldn't keep putting it off.

All together I spent about an hour cleaning then about 15 minutes rescaping and re planting. Usually I agonize about my scapes. This one I threw together and I'm pretty happy with.
Afterwards I acclimatized my Betta and added three male endler guppies in with him. So far so good. He's chased them a little but not looked like he's seriously aggressive. Is bed time now though so I'm hoping he didn't hunt them over night.

Bettas can be funny. Ive had ones fine for months them came adulthood I guess lol. Temperament varies with sex, age, and environment imo.

Just did my 30 percent wc. Pitched some floaters. Trim wendtii, rotala, and lilly. Manually attacked some hair/string. BBA getting better with constant bps

Found that my plants that I treated with peroxide and left in the bucket an extra couple days with out more light before adding them to the 12G Edge with no fish, have a bunch of yellowing leaves. The Crypt 's big older leaves are melting only see 2 pretty green leaves on 2 large and one small plant :headbang:

Probably adding a few young Mystery Snails and a few RH in there to help clean up the plants. It is always something. Work & home renovation projects top the schedule of events this week and last, so not too much fun with plant & fish.

Wil be ordering some fish food and maybe substrate. Since I am not getting the PRL shrimp right away maybe will get the Amazonia as it takes up to 6 weeks (hear 5 is kinda a magic number) of ammonia leeching so no inhabitants in there for that long. Plants shouldn't mind though.

You'll know pretty quickly if you're going to have an issue. Took mine 45 min to hunt and take out 10 neons.

I observed them for about an hour and a half before turning the lights out. If he's still chasing them even half heartedly I'll remove them. I don't want to stress them.

Trying to clean tanks and then this happened...IMG_7259.jpg

Pug blackmail.

Luckily she tires out fast so I can get back to cleaning.

Did a 40% water change in the 36 gal and bought a second zebra nerite snail for it too. Also bought some plants and pvc pipes to make some hiding places for the crayfish I'm planning on getting for my 18 gallon tank. Very excited [emoji4]

Trying to clean tanks and then this happened...View attachment 293692

Pug blackmail.

Luckily she tires out fast so I can get back to cleaning.
Lol my friend I grew up with has a border collie an he will never quit with the ball constantly tosses it at u to play fetch an will continue til u do lol it's so funny beautiful dog btw

Lol my friend I grew up with has a border collie an he will never quit with the ball constantly tosses it at u to play fetch an will continue til u do lol it's so funny beautiful dog btw

I finally got done. Only 1 tank today. She is my baby girl but she can be a pest when she demands attention. When my son moved out for college we adopted her.
The other tank will have to wait. PWC, vacuum and canister clean out. It's only been a month but there was lots of debris on the rock and sand when I first set it up. Everything was looking dusty so I added more poly floss to the canister too. IMG_7275.jpg

I finally got done. Only 1 tank today. She is my baby girl but she can be a pest when she demands attention. When my son moved out for college we adopted her.
The other tank will have to wait. PWC, vacuum and canister clean out. It's only been a month but there was lots of debris on the rock and sand when I first set it up. Everything was looking dusty so I added more poly floss to the canister too. View attachment 293712
Wow looks awesome

Back
Top Bottom