What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a rescape of my Cube tank today, and mixed up the decorations I have in with Buck. Took out the plastic grass tunnel and replaced it with a small cichlid cave, 5 inches diameter and 7 inches tall I am guesstimating...Looks something like this:
8726.jpg

I rearranged the gravel I got in there so it slopes from the left side down to the right to add some variation...I've found that Buck likes it when I mess around with even stuff like that.

Oh, I also managed to make a quick trip to a LFS place and grabbed a single portion of Duckweed. I really like the looks of most water plants and I figured what better way to start my entrance into trying that out then with a weed...I'm liking the look of it so far and I think Buck is liking the addition as well. Here is hoping my Black Thumb of Gardening Doom doesn't extend to killing water plants too.

Last edited:
Trying to clean tanks and then this happened...View attachment 293692

Pug blackmail.

Luckily she tires out fast so I can get back to cleaning.

LOL, you can't ignore that!!!

~~~

Spent a small amount of time grabbing a few foods from the lfs during other house errands (and getting my dog his shots). Instead of ordering them, was good timing as I got a bunch of bonus bucks or whatever they call them credited - got all but 2.50 covered - 3 $8 packages for $2.50, including tax. Woot!

Emailed my shrimp guy last night - still waiting for the next message for the exact quality I would be getting or if they would have the special ones in about 6 weeks which is how long Amazonia takes to finish leeching ammonia, give or take a week. :)

Just checked on and released my new auratus into my tank...i think he may not quite have been acclimated when i initially put him in been sitting on the floor for an hr watching him and my other fish settling things out among themselves...they're all realitivy new to my tank except for my cranky old jewel lol? 20170123_133955.jpg here they are all 3 new additions (i do believe the albino is a dragon blood and not 100% but the one in the cave looks to be a juvi german red? Can someone help me on that one)

Just checked on and released my new auratus into my tank...i think he may not quite have been acclimated when i initially put him in been sitting on the floor for an hr watching him and my other fish settling things out among themselves...they're all realitivy new to my tank except for my cranky old jewel lol? View attachment 293739 here they are all 3 new additions (i do believe the albino is a dragon blood and not 100% but the one in the cave looks to be a juvi german red? Can someone help me on that one)
Whoops added the pic twice sorry

Was doing a water change yesterday on the 20-long when I noticed several Malaysian trumpet snails making their way through the eco-complete. From the size of the shells, they'd been there a while, too. Shows how observant I am: I'd *never* noticed them before. :whistle:

Probably in eco all day never see them. Im amazed how many I have yet only see handful out and about at any given time. Throw some shrimp food in and ....wow lol

Got a new heater and a filter for one of my ten gallons so I can quite having my other one overstocked [emoji1]

Found a few filters in my basement. Too bad heaters cost so much! I have a couple tens I could start up and I think it might be my March break project ;)

So not too much tank wise:
except the fancy RFA moved three times this week closer to the central light
Refilled for evap
Still drawing a blank in what to do with the 5G Spec V

It is sitting pretty with Garnet sand, a petrified wood stone and a couple of Java fern tree looking DW a smidge of moss and Subwassertang - but not got much style.

Finally the local guy should be picking up the fish for adoption on Sunday.

Edit add on: The special shrimp grade I wanted is not available but maybe in 6-7 weeks, checking on pre-order.

Last edited:
Got a really fast response about the shrimp and they will contact me first!!! In 6-7 weeks! Looks like Amazonia is a possibility now. I have some time now to do a good scape and get some plants growing this weekend I think a couple gel packs maybe.

:) They SHOULD look like this top pic... SSS - They are Pure Red Line, not mixed with Golden Bee Shrimp. PRL can have same grades as CRS that are more widely available. Mine should have red band over the carapace and a spot near their tail.

My tank will be happy soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom