What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was up until 2 AM moving coral and fish from one tank to another, all because I had a massive Flatworm Die off, which nuked my tank...

Pwc on my bettas tank, bought him a floating log and pot for him to hide in.
Elephant nose tank doing great no issues.
Added 3 bamboo shrimp to my 30g love these guy's went straight to my driftwood and sat feeding with my green laces. Changed my sand too black actually prefer it more.
Here's some pic's of my favourite super red longfin bristles [emoji813] 1486153870597.jpg1486153881642.jpg1486153896172.jpg1486153903122.jpg

Added 5 black skirt tetras from my QT to my 30 gallon because I couldn't watch the 6 white skirts in the 30 gallon beat each other up any longer. Hoping that with a bigger group they will have enough fellow skirts to chase that nobody gets beat up too much. Currently there's a battle for Top Tetra going on and my gourami is wisely staying out of the battle zone for now. Hoping they figure out their rankings soon and don't hurt each other too much, the nippy little buggers!

Took 40 baby mystery snails to my lfs. He says he can't sell my ramshorns but they were my culls so his puffers get an awesome treat. Got fish food, a big Anubias and 5 jungle Vals and a shiny new $20 bill. Awesome.

Beautiful fish (and nice racing stripe on that snail) Shellyx.

Nice to hear of a good payday bonus TM for all your hard work.

Keegster that is sad news.

~~~
Did pwc on SW nano day before and added new pods to the DT and the MA tank.

Found I was throwing out pods with pwc water and was trying to get a better way not to lose them. Don't have a real good answer yet on that topic.

Today did pwc on the Tangerine Tiger tank and sold a small group of them to a local hobbyist along with some Subwassertang and several mosses, floaters and Wisteria.

It was Colorado Aquarium Society meeting and bought a couple plants in the mini meeting. Bought a 6-8 inch chunk of Bucephalandra - long 3-4 inch leaves and even has a flower stem not too sure if it aready bloomed or is getting ready to. For only $7.00. What a great deal!!! Also a Crypt Undulata with about 5 plants for $4.

Also before the meeting, I was able to visit a cool lfs which stocks all kinds of fun stuff. And a few items, I never have heard of!!!
Glass knife fish - Get over a foot long
Hummingbird Characin / Darter Characin Bottom dwelling Tetra!
Stiphodon annieae

Anyway I wanted the Annie Goby but it was $21 and they are better in groups of 6 :(.

So instead I got 2 Moth / Anchor catfish. Planning on 6 total, but wanted to see if they liked the tank alright before getting an investment $$ of them.

I need to stop finding new things I like. ;)

Almost bought some Apistogramma Borelli Blue, but stopped myself! The Spring Cichlid auction is in 2 weeks! Hmmmmm.....

Autumnsky got a deal. Any word on the substrate sitch? That's kinda holdin up your next adventure.

Picked up a dozen ember tetras today. Drip acclimating at the moment (it's been an hour or so). Then into the QT for a few weeks.
2MvzltY.jpg

Stood in disgust as I watched my fish go from just fine to stressed out quickly I'm fairly new at this but I've maintained so far I have one catfish one guppy and one Dalmatian they are surfacing often I did a fifteen percent water change after checking water level acidity is high does anyone have suggestions

Autumnsky got a deal. Any word on the substrate sitch? That's kinda holdin up your next adventure.

It's been the 2 days but haven't heard back yet.

Thinking about the UP Aqua sand (I think like what I already have for the Tangerine Tigers OR getting the Fluval Shrimp and Plant Strattum. Haven't decided yet.

Can't chance using my present substrate because of the possibility of a Caridina fry mixing it up with my PRL which would ruin the line. Same issue with plants. I have a guy I plan to get some from his tanks that don't have any shrimp to add to what else I have in my 72G, no shrimp for sure in there!

Spent all the money I had for substrate on the weird Amazonia stuff. So I need to wait another week to buy something new.

Honestly this has been so inconvenient of a build, I nearly bought some really nice Apistogramma's from Mike Wise. Maybe will still when the Cichlid auction rolls around in 2 weeks.

At the CAS meeting, I was told by a guy who has used this to consider capping it and THAT will not happen in my tank. I do not want to deal with the mess issues. So even if I need to stay with less demanding plants I will.

Picked up a dozen ember tetras today. Drip acclimating at the moment (it's been an hour or so). Then into the QT for a few weeks.
2MvzltY.jpg

Very nice choice!

It's been the 2 days but haven't heard back yet.

Thinking about the UP Aqua sand (I think like what I already have for the Tangerine Tigers OR getting the Fluval Shrimp and Plant Strattum. Haven't decided yet.

Can't chance using my present substrate because of the possibility of a Caridina fry mixing it up with my PRL which would ruin the line. Same issue with plants. I have a guy I plan to get some from his tanks that don't have any shrimp to add to what else I have in my 72G, no shrimp for sure in there!

Spent all the money I had for substrate on the weird Amazonia stuff. So I need to wait another week to buy something new.

Honestly this has been so inconvenient of a build, I nearly bought some really nice Apistogramma's from Mike Wise. Maybe will still when the Cichlid auction rolls around in 2 weeks.

At the CAS meeting, I was told by a guy who has used this to consider capping it and THAT will not happen in my tank. I do not want to deal with the mess issues. So even if I need to stay with less demanding plants I will!

Sucks! I'm a big online shopper and I hate it when what I saw and what I get are different.

Yeah I don't shop online as much until recently and usually it is pretty good. It is the mouldy smell which is the biggest issue and even though as the substrate is drying there is less smell, the mould is still there and I wouldn't use mouldy smelling potting soil for my potted plants at home, surely no way I will use it in a confined space like a tank with High Grade $$$ shrimp. If they offer to send me a new bag that would be great only if is isn't mouldy smelling. :)

Getting ready for pwc on both my tanks tonight

Not that they need it, but sand shows all lol....looks like it's been peppered:p

Thinking about the best bedding for my swords....they're not doing well so I was thinking of potting them in dirt and putting the pots back in

Thoughts?

Getting ready for pwc on both my tanks tonight

Not that they need it, but sand shows all lol....looks like it's been peppered:p

Thinking about the best bedding for my swords....they're not doing well so I was thinking of potting them in dirt and putting the pots back in

Thoughts?

Root tabs will make a difference - potted will also work. Sometimes you can get small pots at the independent plant nursery stores or pond supply stores with medium small.

The root capules acually I like are Ferkka Rosetta and Ferkka Stemma, only place I can get them is on ebay, from Thailand. They are amazing!

I have an aquaponics place near me, and they sell little plastic slotted pots like you sometimes buy plants in...I thought that might do the trick, so they can stretch out as they grow

I can get API or Seachem root tabs where I am

The usual PWC and critter gazing.

Took some Anubias and Java Fern starts and glued them to rock. Out in the garage window to GROW.

Back
Top Bottom