Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #5631
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by Robynleigh View Post
Started our rebuild on the 3ft - found 4 babies in my guppy tank and rescued them
Congratulations. Are they the first fry you have found? I breed snails well but nothing with scales yet

Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #5632
Aquarium Advice Freak
Since I've had the tank yes my first lot when I picked it up there were about 30 babies cruising around makes me super happy to know they are still breeding in my care (which is a massive change for them from green water)

Robynleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #5633
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I thought my drop checker looked a little funny. Then I realized why.
Attached Images
Came for the gardening, stayed for the fish.
Cageyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #5634
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my first nem last night! A beautiful rose bubble tip. It seems to be doing well. It started comming out just a few minutes after acclimation. Was realy pretty under the blues when the whites turned off last night.
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #5635
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. 50 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank and filter clean.

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #5636
So i got the clowns in the tank after dripping them for 1 hour 30minutes, added 15 more lbs of rock to the 20g and now have 25-30lbs. Added the 7 dearf zebra hermits and a nassarius snails as CUC. Clowns added on tuesday and emjoying life in the tank, gobbling up brine shrimp and NLS.

Got a yellow watchman goby and am dripping him ATM.

The clowns have hosted the powerhead, good that they got out of the 37 or they would literaly be fried fish as they kept burning themselfs on the heater. ( they hosted it)
The goby looks amazing, i sill be picking up a candy cane pistol shrimp for him tommarow. Drip has been going for 20mins already, gonna do 1 hour.

Topped off the 20 2g of RODI, and did a 3g wc on 37 and 20. Tested water in both tanks and hand fed the puffer, the 37 is a little empty with just the blenny, flame angel, puffer and the purple fire fish. The blenny blends in to the rock to well, the flame angel is usually swimming around in the back where the algea is, the puffer likes to explore though but blends into the rock too, and the gobys hide all day except when i feed them. Fed the torch coral and some oyster feast for the shrooms.

Added 12 shells to the 20 to asure no fighting between the hermits and snail.

Good day all in all.
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #5637
Fed the fish, the goby didnt eat . The clowns ate though. Added saltwater to raise the water level in the 20 after dripping the goby for an hour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2461246361.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	212956

Hes also breathing rapidly .

Found 2 baby bristle worms in a rock during feeding in the 20, fed Hikari baby brine shrimp and emerald entree to the 37g. The goby keeps pacing the back panel of glass so i am gonna go out and get a background today so he will stop fighting his reflection.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #5638
Also gonna pick up a shrimp friend for him today, hope he settles in
Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #5639
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bamboo light fixture is nearly finished. It's for my small tank. It's not really wide enough to make a good spread of light, but it's not too bad. I still have to paint the inside white to increase reflection.

The tube I bought is supposed to be for plant growth, but it looks very yellow to me.

The plan was to use this tank for a betta, but I'm not sure any more. I'm quarantining a honey gourami in it, and the little thing looks so small and vulnerable I'm worried he wont do well with the active tetras I have in my big tank. So maybe he'll have to stay in there until he is a little bigger, at least. Love the way he checks everything out with his feelers.

Also had some romance and drama on the snail front. Mystery snail climbed out of my big tank and plunged to the floor, cracking his shell. I found him in the middle of the lounge floor, thankfully not by stepping on him. Put him in the small tank since I'm pretty sure the fish I have in the big tank would nibble at him through the hole in his shell. The small tank has one honey gourami and one mystery snail already in residence.

Escape-snail was obviously in shock and did not move for a long time. I was worried about him, until I saw that he was crawling about. Next thing - there he is, mating with the other mystery snail.

So maybe it was all a ploy to get at his lady love?
Masha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #5640
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Cleaned tank and added new sand. Noticed I'm getting a first flower on my anubias nana plant! It won't let me post pictures so I will have it in my profile under plant album!!

My boyfriend said it looks like a little green poo. So were calling it a poolip.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com