What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ended the treatment for the parasites that killed my Betta completely washed the tank and filter. Added a new Betta

I filled the EVAP gap and added conditioner. On Saturday I did a 50% PWC with good gravel vac and scrubbed the tank down. I fasted the fish on Sunday. Today I fed them blood worms. They seemed to love it. I realized after taking the photo that I have an antibiotic package behind my tank.1487700147461.jpg

40% water change in preparation for a new set of angelfish fry in my breeder tank

Don't ya just wish you could catch a break in the events sometimes....
This particular issue is not all bad. For some reason, snails have cooked themselves on this heater- even when it's not horizontal. I have a different heater horizontally in the other tank with no issues, but this one has killed three or four snails. We're getting a second of our heater that's good. So on the one hand, I'm annoyed that we're spending money on equipment that we already had. On the other, I'm glad to upgrade.

Many heaters come with guards now to help protect the sucking, sticky critters and bettas.

Yesterday the new replacement substrate came in the mail. I need to now send the other one back but I need a new box. They came in USPS flat rate square boxes and although they made it here in one piece, 99.99% sure it wouldn't make it back in either of the same boxes.

A little more info added about all that on the other thread
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...us-corner-in-the-yard-355185.html#post3414968

Haven't seen any additional dead Tiger shrimp.

Cleaned my goldfish tank. Removed my new betta from my other tank he got way to aggressive. Wished I had Kevin back but sadly hes goneIMG_9715.jpg

Water changes in both tanks

Frustrated with goldfish, I'll be glad to let them back in the pond

Every time I thought I had the tank cleaned up I added water and more nasty fish waste washed up....yuck

Took me 45 min on the main tank, including meds and gravel vac

Two hours of cleaning the goldfish tank

It has been so quiet here without me going on and on almost every day!

Been busy, as usual.

Did pick up the most awesome DW and will post pics probably tomorrow night. I want to just get them into the tank to soak.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f22/excellent-driftwood-resource-355466.html#post3417557

Having some stress over the tank planning. Slowly my number of containers holding water which needs changing, checking or feeding has increased alarmingly. Need to get rid of some things and make it more simple... Do not need more tanks...want more tanks, but a mistake for now!

Need to figure that out right away.

Planning on some more changes.

PWC and Vacuum in the 30L Biorb yesterday. Put some guppy grass in there for Red (Betta) to lurk in. I don't like the messy look but have to keep new and exciting for my boy.

Also did some work prepping my new tree for ties. First I ran out of stainless wire and then fishing line....2/3 done. Woohoo trip the the craft/crap store today!!!

Cleaned the canister for the first time. Lots of gunk. Found some RCS in there. Moved them to the shrimp tank. Started it back up and watched as the gunk from the tubing sloughed into the water column. Yea. It was temporary.
Got some new shrimp (neon yellows).
Will be getting some new food samples (Northfin 1 mm Krill Pro and Veggie) as a swap for guppy grass (win-win).

Sunday maintenance...nothing to report lol. Pretty boring in my fish world. My boys tank is starting to grow out some.

Cleaned the canister for the first time. Lots of gunk. Found some RCS in there. Moved them to the shrimp tank. Started it back up and watched as the gunk from the tubing sloughed into the water column. Yea. It was temporary.
Got some new shrimp (neon yellows).
Will be getting some new food samples (Northfin 1 mm Krill Pro and Veggie) as a swap for guppy grass (win-win).

Big win win!!! Always love when you see a really great clean tank and it does that big gunk cloud raining bits of mulm right into all the clean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pics of DW as promised.
This is the big guy, heavy $29. has a hole through the wood on the right.
60074-albums13946-picture70925.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70926.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70928.jpg

This one was chewed on by a beaver
60074-albums13946-picture70929.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70924.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/60074-
albums13946-picture70923.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70917.jpg

The piece that "spoke" to me. It said buy me for something....
60074-albums13946-picture70921.jpg

60074-albums13946-picture70920.jpg

Water change, water change and more water changes. Trimmed the filtering plants and fed the fish a combo of low phosphate flakes, freeze dried and frozen foods. Have Platys, Danios, Plecos, Guppies, Corydoras and a number of Ramshorn snails.

B

Back
Top Bottom