Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #5661
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
aquandrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: waconia minnesota
Posts: 1,803
water changes in all my fw tanks. water change on nano reef. took angel out of qt and put it in the 13 gallon widescreen until the next dollar per gallon goes and i can get a 40 b.
also went to petco and got a few decorations and a self priming water change hose to try it out. it worked okay, better than my small one since my python wont reach every tank.
i also saw that they had a black itank. ughhh I'm so mad i got the white one and filled it and seeded it and everything. tomorrow I'm buying myself the black one as a personal christmas present to turn into a nano reef, since my girlfriend wanted her betta in this one. the main reason i want the black one is because the white one is only clear on front and back, and the black one has clear sides also. i plan on drillin it with a 5 gallon refugium and a 10 gallon sump. what are your guys thoughts?
__________________

__________________
aquandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #5662
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
water changes in all my fw tanks. water change on nano reef. took angel out of qt and put it in the 13 gallon widescreen until the next dollar per gallon goes and i can get a 40 b.
also went to petco and got a few decorations and a self priming water change hose to try it out. it worked okay, better than my small one since my python wont reach every tank.
i also saw that they had a black itank. ughhh I'm so mad i got the white one and filled it and seeded it and everything. tomorrow I'm buying myself the black one as a personal christmas present to turn into a nano reef, since my girlfriend wanted her betta in this one. the main reason i want the black one is because the white one is only clear on front and back, and the black one has clear sides also. i plan on drillin it with a 5 gallon refugium and a 10 gallon sump. what are your guys thoughts?
This is the spec V right? IMO it will look really ugly if drilled, the overflow will take up half the tank!
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #5663
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
aquandrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: waconia minnesota
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
This is the spec V right? IMO it will look really ugly if drilled, the overflow will take up half the tank!

no not the spec v, everything is in there now but i will be moving it. im talking about the Itank 5g.

its 5gallons with a 1.5 gallon sump drawer which is where it will be drilled so it will be hidden. and the top has the perfect amount of room for a par 38 bulb
__________________
aquandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #5664
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
aquandrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: waconia minnesota
Posts: 1,803
that is, if i can get it to work out that way
__________________
aquandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #5665
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post

no not the spec v, everything is in there now but i will be moving it. im talking about the Itank 5g.

its 5gallons with a 1.5 gallon sump drawer which is where it will be drilled so it will be hidden. and the top has the perfect amount of room for a par 38 bulb
Oh ok. How much is that tank?
__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #5666
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
aquandrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: waconia minnesota
Posts: 1,803
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

well the white one is on sale for 72 and the black one for 90. original price for black is 130 don't know about the white one. i saw someone on another forum using this as a nano reef, but with easy corals. that is why i want a sump and refugium to keep it stable. so i can keep more than just shrooms and zoas/palys
__________________
aquandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #5667
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: botetort co virginia
Posts: 686
Got my 124 watt adjustable LEDs hung over my 30 long salty tank. Now it ready for corals. Needs more live rock. But it looks awsome with the LEDs. So much brighter and makes the fish alot more colorful.
Got everything needed to hang my programable T5s with moon lights over my 33 long.
Cleaned protien skimmers for 110,60 and 33. Still gotta get one for my 30.
__________________
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #5668
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toowoomba, Australia
Posts: 299
Added a heater,serviced the canister, tested the water on my 4ft
Added a internal filter, tested water, dosed with excel, flourish and trace on my 2.6ft
'Scaped a nano tank, tis planted and will be stocked with some cherry shrimp
Added fake plants to my 3ft goldy tank
Topped the water in my 2ft shellie tank
__________________
Alasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #5669
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
trustemedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 382
Moved callochromis mom back in main tank. Fry with xeno ochrogenys ndole bay fry in the 10 gallon. Xeno mom moved to my 3 gallon since she is full again and looking to spit probably saturday. Fed. Water changes tomorrow since i'm late on that. Since dog passed on 2 weeks ago, our other dog has been depressed, crying, vomiting, the runs and is now real sick. Spent life savings at vet yesterday. My bumble bee goby is fat. Must be a girl. Going to have lots of callochromis and xeno fry ready soon. Going to need another tank. Ha! Ha!
__________________
trustemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #5670
member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North carolina
Posts: 2,783
Also look what i got for X-mas . It was an early present lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1494676903.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	213499
__________________

__________________
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.