What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 4" knife is too big for a 29, not to mention 4 of them. The pictus will more than likely beat himself to death in the 29 also. They are avid swimmers and will stress. Not a good situation.

Well, I came here to learn so what would you suppose I can do with the following (move some back to 29?):

150 FW
9" pleco
6" bichir
2" cory cat
6" gourami

I can also rehome them to the lfs...they are AWESOME to deal with.

Never planned to harm these beautiful creatures. I thought 29 was ok temporarily.

If its temporary I don't see it as such a danger. I'm sure they were in tighter conditions at the LFS.

Did a 5 gallon water change on my tank and watched it for a bit. Everything looks great right now except for my frogspawn... Even though he is unhappy he is splitting again.... Lol

Bought my own master water test kit so I don't have to keep borrowing the roommate's. Tested my tanks, everything looks golden and where it should be! So I treated my 2 pleco's to some fresh watermelon rind, see if they like it :D

clearance, could you move the knives to the 150?

As for me, today I did a 90% wc for my 30 gallon. I am getting fish tomorrow:dance:

Already did, along with the pictus. Small delhazi bichir now has a 29 gal bachelor pad of his own now.

Bought a moonlight led for my tank so I can watch my elephant nose, had it in for 2 nights think I,m going to have too remove it everytime I put it on my pearl gourami stops what hes doing & goes into a trance & doesn't move till its switched off weird lol live brine shrimp for tea :)

Spray painted the back of my new shrimp tank black, getting ready to go spray paint the backs of 2 5.5g tanks for some bettas.

Also working on my fire-bellied toad tank. Making sure the pond area is sealed.

Come home from work this morning and found little baby mickey mouse moons :) Not sure if both females dropped fry or just one. Woke the wife up to tell her. As we were watching them I was worried that one of them would try and eat the fry so I put alil food in the tank. Well the orange moon was swimming along the bottom on the hunt it seemed. She would suck up some dead leaves from the plant then spit it out, suck up some flakes then spit it out. Well she obviously found what she was looking for cause she sucked up a fry and never spit it out :-( needless to say, both females went back into the community tank as of this morning. Went to the lfs today to just browse around. Checked out the tank that has the gbr's in it since I've bought one and was thinking bout another and found this

ForumRunner_20120908_155004.jpg

If anyone doesn't know what that means, it means "NO SALE"! The tank had ick. And that's just one of the reasons that I like my lfs. He won't sell anything if he knows there is something wrong with them. He also is very knowledgable and nice too

I got fish today.:D

I picked up 8 silvertip tetras, 1 baby BN pleco, and 1 unidentified shrimp. I also got a bottle of Seachem Flourish for when I get my plants, which should be in a few days. It is so nice to look at my tank and actually see fish in it!

UPDATE: The shrimp has been identified as an amano.

Removed all the fish that came with my 46Gal. except for the Powder Blue, and put them in a separate 40gal. tank, as they all were hybrids. And i didn't have the heart to put them down, so my roommate said he would take them in. My Powder Blue will be moved along with my Kenyi to a temporary 20Gal. home.
So now my 46 gal. bowfront is a species-only Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellow) tank. Thinking about trying my hand at breeding them :p

Found an awesome sale today. Got 12 Australian Rainbows for $.80 each and 3 pictus cats for $1.25 each. All safely stowed away in QT awaiting their new homes.

Also cut out a section of the lid on my 20 Gal. Community tank to add a second filter.
Started making a list of needed materials and planning the swap from gravel to sand in my cichlid tank, and painting the back glass. Excited! :D

Except I'm not sure where to put my fish while the tank undergoes a facelift...

I fed the fish and mourned my lack of prime. I want to set up my 5 gallon again, but it needs nice new dechlorinates water, and the week without power ate up as much prime as I usually go through in a month or so since I was pouring double doses in all tanks every two or three days to help neutralize ammonia, and doing water changes to try to make up for no filtration. The massive water changes I did when the power came back used the last bit I had. But I have a massive bottle coming in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Finally began the cycle for my 46g.

Did my weekly 50-60% water changes for the other 2 tanks.

Normally don't feed on Sunday, but I had fresh cucumber. So I had to share. Hope my clown pleco and those dang mts like it.

Back
Top Bottom