What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1491665802456.jpg
The spouse and I are sorting out how to make a pump work with the Spec that came without a motor. No word on the eBay dispute yet. [redacted] fraudulent sellers.

Tried fishing out moldy algae wafers (is it normal for them to go all moldy within 16hrs?).

Tried finding my shrimp and changed the pump from hi to lo.

Tried fishing out moldy algae wafers (is it normal for them to go all moldy within 16hrs?).

Tried finding my shrimp and changed the pump from hi to lo.

Maybe too little flow all around the tank???

Dollar store turkey baster!!!

~~~~~~~~
How about a sieve or strainer??? To sort out sand.

Found a sick Platy. Moved things around in the yard to get the "pond" out of the mysterious back corner. Planted some plants and moved the pots that were not yet planted because they were where the pond will sit. Was intending to use the 29G I just got as the outside tank, but I have a back up of fish issue going on right now.

Like 6 angelfish and I cannot really tell the sexes. Wanted to have some n the big tank with the Discus whenever that day comes, but now wondering if I can actually do that. I now have too many Angels. I saw 2 of the 4 in the 72G cleaning a leaf and now see them ferociously chasing away the other 2. One which is a favorite.

Needed to get the Platy out of the 46G and the floating DW which apparently will never sink, it has been weeks now.

Have the pond full of stones from the rock garden which were put in there when the painters were painting last summer, so they didn't step on them and break them and get paint on them.

So as usual there are 5 things to do before I can get to the one I want to do:facepalm:. AND found out that company from out of state will be arriving this evening. I didn't realize it was this week :eek: surprise!!!

Moving the extra plants from the 5G bucket to the 3G Aquafarm (Back to the Roots) container so it will look slightly less ghetto in the backyard/next to my back door, depending upon the temps!.

I'm looking for some 60 mesh for sorting the sand.

It can be difficult to find things to do with my feet up. I am not a good candidate for a broken foot, guys. I have too much to do.

The sand I did sift looks really great.

PWC and vacuum on Reds Biorb today. I can't seem to spot one of the Endlers? Red is a bit more active with them in the tank, maybe he got one?IMG_8424.jpg

Drove along the backside of Mt. Diablo to get over to Brentwood Tractor Supply. Got my black sand. Do about a third of the nursery tomorrow.

Last edited:
Check the water parameters. Sometimes an issue.

Sometimes a mean fish. I just had a similar situation, it was a male Swordtail biting the eye of my Angel. Then started after my Gourami, both fish MUCH larger then he.

NICE!!!

I have 5 recently purchased new driftwood floating for over a month now still bouncy like a buoy!

Pretty!

Check the edges of the plant, they split off and make new ones and can find them at the base sometimes.

Yes, the fish would love that. ROFL!!!

~~~~

Fed Tubifex and Plankton.

20% pwc on SW nano. Saw at least 7 Dwarf Brittle Stars grabbing for the foods. My Stylophora frag is bleaching in spots. Was warned about that from SniperHank. :(

Nice thing is the 12G SW fishless cycling tank is getting lighter color Nitrites test every few days, so it is getting closer, probably another week and we'll be in business. Fingers crossed, lol.

~38G pwc on the 46G tank. Had a touch of ammonia maybe .05-.10 and a little nitrate, probably 30-40, (0 Nitrite) have a bunch of fish in there because of the Platys. Cleaned out the AC 110 too. Bunch of Platy will hopefully go to the pond.

Was trying to save a gallon pitcher of seeded media but ran out of air bubblers to keep it circulating and after 2 days was a lot of die off and it was stinky!!! Dumped water and added some water from cleaning out the AC110, maybe save enough to keep it able to cycle the QT tank.

1.5G pwc on the Spec V (5G) with the baby Albino bn plecos and the Poppa BN still in the cave. Saw at least one of the tiny babies still zipping around the tank, from the 2 that fell out of the cave when being moved, and he's 2x as big as last week!!! Been keeping the light on it a little bit longer to grow more algae for when they come out of the cave.

The lone Discus seems to have decent color, no black stress bars and I think she ate a little bit.

Tested her water maybe .15 ammonia, 0 Nitrite, and maybe 2 Nitrate Tomorrow pwc on that tank of 75%. She is the one of the pair that would come out and watch me, still coming out from behind her blanket covering and looking at me, a little swimming around rather than sitting in the corner, and that seems good.

Adding some Prime just to make sure the water stays good til morning after feeding cubes of both foods in an attempt to entice eating.

Maybe going to move the Angels from the 72G and switch the Discus back to the big tank which is where I would like her to be, sometime this week, need to redecorate the tank a little to make more room for swimming. Maybe will buy a moderate size companion for her, or a number of smaller ones, still trying to get best consensus for the decision. The stress from this fish is making me old faster than I'd like!!!

The parameters were fine 0-5nitrate 0 nitrite 0ammonia I'm not sure what happened maybe he's just a little aggressive had him for a few years first time it's happened. I might figure it out one day haha

Every have a maintenance day where ya feel like its first time ..that was this morning lol. From forgetting prime to sucking up an endler to forgetting put back on my prefilter.

Im way dumber than I look.

10g got a 60pwc, trimmed rotala, root tabs x4, h2o2, pitched some s.minima, cut down a couple crypt leaves

3g..got its 75pwc, filter clean, and some moss trimmed.

Heres my boys 3g 20170409_111243.jpg

Every have a maintenance day where ya feel like its first time ..that was this morning lol. From forgetting prime to sucking up an endler to forgetting put back on my prefilter.

Im way dumber than I look.

10g got a 60pwc, trimmed rotala, root tabs x4, h2o2, pitched some s.minima, cut down a couple crypt leaves

3g..got its 75pwc, filter clean, and some moss trimmed.

Heres my boys 3g View attachment 297698
Awesome today is my water change and a little bit of trimming

Water changes on 75 gal livebearer tank and 10 gallon shrimp & endlers. Planted some Wisteria I found at Petco (cheap, hope it doesn't take over).

Day 23
50%wc some trimming
Dwarf baby tears is slowing growing, they did have some long string algae but the new SAEs quickly took care of that along with the ghost shrimp I bought.
The blyxa and Pogo. Stellatus are taking off.

I think I might replace the red plant on the far right back corner with some dwarf hairgrass I think it will open the scape up Abit on that side but lfs had none but asked and they will this Friday so maybe... ?1491665750567.jpgIMG_20170409_145047.jpg1491767778492.jpg

Was going to get the pond liner cleaned out but apparently we have wind and gusts knocking things around pretty good, so maybe later it will die down.

Looks like overnight the Plecos ate almost all the algae on the glass, there wasn't too much a few 4-5 inch circles from where the light hits but almost gone, might have to leave the light on even more and maybe grow some green rocks in a vase outside for them.

I planted some lettuces to feed the fish. Zucchini not for a couple more weeks. Going to test the water in the cycling 12G SW nano. I didn't test yesterday so maybe a couple more days to go.

Still wrestling with which tanks to move fish around to. There are too many tanks right now, I need to close some down.

Day 23
50%wc some trimming
Dwarf baby tears is slowing growing, they did have some long string algae but the new SAEs quickly took care of that along with the ghost shrimp I bought.

I think I might replace the red plant on the far right back corner with some dwarf hairgrass I think it will open the scape up Abit on that side but lfs had none but asked and they will this Friday so maybe... ?View attachment 297718View attachment 297719View attachment 297720
So what about that algae device....do you think it would of been worse?

Are you EI cant remember

So what about that algae device....do you think it would of been worse?

Are you EI cant remember
I think it's worth it . When I first set up my Ada.mini m when I had it i had diatoms everything was covered in long stringy algea along with some staghorn an but this tank I literally got hardly any diatoms except for in the hoses I could see some. And I use PPS pro ferts I ml of micros 3x a week same with macros 3x a week

Setup a new tote container to be used as an emerged plant setup. Do when trimming can put the good trimmings in there instead of throwing away. My plants are growing so fast with the co2 dialed in its hard to keep up lol. Good problem to have though.

Day 23
50%wc some trimming

I think I might replace the red plant on the far right back corner with some dwarf hairgrass I think it will open the scape up Abit on that side but lfs had none but asked and they will this Friday so maybe... [emoji3]View attachment 297718View attachment 297719View attachment 297720

I can attest to the SAE's taking care of business. Bought 6 just two days ago and now all of my plant leaves are completely clear of any diatoms. Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom