What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soo... I found some blyxa Jap. Someone at the LFS brought some for trade in so I took it lol it's was alot of blyxa so much didn't know what else to do with it

IMG_20170415_141927.jpg

Soo... I found some blyxa Jap. Someone at the LFS brought some for trade in so I took it lol it's was alot of blyxa so much didn't know what else to do with it

View attachment 298076

Very nice problem to have.

Pwc on TT shrimp tank a couple gallons cleaned the prefilter sponge
the 12G nano fish tank about 2+G,
3G on the cycling 12G SW had to remove a bunch of the food balls I put in there they just got stuck in the chaeto and never broke apart. Yuck. Will test the Nitrite to see where we are at on the cycle. Might add a couple snails if it looks alright.

Pwc on the 6.6G SW nano
pwc on shrimp bowl

Add water for evap on the rest of the tanks, and guess a couple ounce bottle of Prime doesn't last around here so need to go get some more.

Need to vac out the left over food in the 29G and do a 1/3rd pwc.

And remove some Spiky DW and move those Angels in the 72G when I get a spare few minutes /hours.:blink:

Right now only see one nice looking baby Albino BN Pleco in the Spec V. There were 2. Maybe it is hiding in the tubes maybe not. (I think I saw a Albino already staying in the cave again in the 72G).

I don't think I am liking this tank as it seems the flow is lousy and gunk isn't getting sucked up.

Noticed that the giant Crypt is now melting in the 46G - the plant with the Angelfish babies. And it is because of the broken light fixture. The single CFL isn't cutting it. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Also looks like I can't see more than a few little baby Angelfish left right now. Trying to decide about saving some or not this time. The parents could have moved them to a different leaf too.

Nursery tank all the plants were put back in. PWC to get out more meds. Haven't seen any planaria but added 6 wiggler Khuli's to take care of them. I know they will snack on a shrimplette if one is careless but I don't need hundreds of shrimp.

Baby Biorb PWC and cleaned and moved the 5 nippy Endlers in there. Took all all of the ramshorn but 2.

Reds biorb got a PWC and added 6 young Galaxy Rosboras. Hoping they will entertain him and not attack him. Lol.

Potluck Easter tomorrow so I made lasagna. Not a big ham gal.

Did a little weeding, a load of laundry, and boy do I need the glass of whiskey now.

Old and aching.

Nursery tank all the plants were put back in. PWC to get out more meds. Haven't seen any planaria but added 6 wiggler Khuli's to take care of them. I know they will snack on a shrimplette if one is careless but I don't need hundreds of shrimp.

Baby Biorb PWC and cleaned and moved the 5 nippy Endlers in there. Took all all of the ramshorn but 2.

Reds biorb got a PWC and added 6 young Galaxy Rosboras. Hoping they will entertain him and not attack him. Lol.

Potluck Easter tomorrow so I made lasagna. Not a big ham gal.

Did a little weeding, a load of laundry, and boy do I need the glass of whiskey now.

Old and aching.
I hear you on that got water changes Tom on my birthday :) an some good ol BBQ and Easter egg hunting with the kiddos

pics or it didn't happen! [emoji38]
Posted some on my thread they are just really small an hard to see . I did have one death so far but they had just got them in that day I bought them . :( But 13 left and I meant I bought 14 not 13

At my parents' house for Easter. Have to have the egg hunt. We came over Friday night, and I'm terrified of something happening and coming home to tanks of death.

I don't know how people survive leaving their tanks for several days. I mean, I know not everyone worries like I do, but I don't think I could do it.

We're going to a wedding this summer and we'll be gone f five days. I'm going to be a wreck.

Everything will be fine, your a very skilled, caring hobbyist. Your tanks always look great. If you have any issues you have a whole forum of moral/technical support.

We went away for 3 days and it was all gone. Power had gone out the first day and when it came back on it tripped the power strip. Didn't have a tank for a decade after that.

Thanks, @toolman. @TMaier, it looks like I'll be getting a backup!

The Spec will be able to start up again since the pump is submerged. The puffers should be okay without a filter given how drastically understocked and heavily planted the tank is. The community would be like tossing a cigarette butt into an ammunition storage unit.

Worked late every night this week. Some time a root tab came to surface from last week lol. Thought my tds meter was broke lol. So 80 plus wc on my 10g big trim on the java fern. Its finally growing though sloooow. A little h2o2 been using it every week now like how it just cleans everything up. Especially heaters, powerheads ect... I wonder how many pounds of minima I pitch in a month lol

Spec iii is becoming a jungle im considering upgrading to the V. I really like the light. My boy wants a endler he says lol.

Good and bad.

Looking forward to getting 2 new tank soon. Planning.

Bought a new Betta "for the grandson" which I will be keeping. Pics sometime this week. A couple plants.

Pwc on the cycled new nano SW 12G. It had a hint of green I would venture maybe .15 and 0 Nitrites and close to 10 nitrates so did 50%. Added a few new snails.

Having a start of fin rot on the other Discus. 75% pwc there. Treating tonight. Bought her frozen Beef heart and fed defrosted.

Good and bad.

Bought a new Betta "for the grandson" which I will be keeping. Pics sometime this week. A couple plants.

Pwc on the cycled new nano SW 12G. It had a hint of green I would venture maybe .15 and 0 Nitrites and close to 10 nitrates so did 50%. Added a few new snails.

Having a start of fin rot on the other Discus. 75% pwc there. Treating tonight. Bought her frozen Beef heart and fed defrosted.
2 more....so the count will be ?

Good and bad.

Lol... Just told the wife grandchild (#1 and on the way only) needed either a fish tank or a koi pond.

She gave me that look.....

Ok....mini update lol

So sits in recliner like wow tank looks low I just did maintenance today. I keep water level real high. My power head sits high too.

So I walk over water all over stand..oh no. Powerhead was pushing water behind top rim lol.

Lesson learned. That never happened before lol.

2 more....so the count will be ?

Unknown at this time... Will be a +2 & - 4 I am still switching things around a bit. Purpose to disappear the mismatch...not have more mismatch. I will need to keep them maybe, just in case of any future breakage..... Right?:fish1:

Discus is looking a little better. There was a bunch of old food which had accumulated under the decoration, hidden.

Ok....mini update lol

So sits in recliner like wow tank looks low I just did maintenance today. I keep water level real high. My power head sits high too.

So I walk over water all over stand..oh no. Powerhead was pushing water behind top rim lol.

Lesson learned. That never happened before lol.
Haha almost similar problem with me had the water line to high an the power chord that runs from intank skimmer , water running up the wire and out the tank saw small drops an was what like what heck so had to lower the water line ?

Back
Top Bottom