Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #5911
Aquarium Advice Addict
So as I am doing a water change on one of my tanks. I came up with an idea for a tank. What if you could take a water Despenser with a spout and jug, cut the bottom of the jug off, take a screen mesh and cover the bottom using a gravel tray or something to stop gravel. Then fill with substrate, water, and cycle. Then when doing WC, just fill up a bucket using the spout. Just a thought. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #5912
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award
Removed some GBR and lampeye killie eggs to hatch, moved a newly hatched batch of albino BN plecos to a grow out tub and waiting for some peacock gudgeon eggs to hatch.

Jamie.... "The fingers of natural selection are hovering over the delete button."
AA community rules: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #5913
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Added three marbles hatchets yesterday and they're getting along nicely. Was feeding the tank today and during the feeding frenzy I noticed some eggs on one of my ghost shrimp. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390435332.161715.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	218327
Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #5914
Aquarium Advice Freak
Fed all tanks been shrimp. I didn't see and Cory eggs except one. I'm hoping they all hatched and swam to safety rather than being eaten.
Ayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #5915
Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Took pink plant out of 2g. Rescaped 4g and added shell and amazon sword plastic plant. Added pink plant to 1/2g betta tank. Finalized 20g stock list. Added shell to 10g and cleaned algae.
Cleaned 3g. Fed all fish.

4g rescape: http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...pso5h5m74k.jpg
Fibsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #5916
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Watched how my gold saum's personality is changing. He's in breed mode too... So that doesn't help. All I'm thinking, is good thing he isn't strong enough to destroy my tank the way he wants to, biting at everything, pushing, pulling, plant nipping, whipping and shaking. But he won't stay 4-5 inches long. I just recently was able to tell it is male.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #5917
Alot happend in 10 days, got my shipment from DR. F & S,
3 coralife electric thermometers-$6 each
3g JBJ picotope kit-$41
Hydor thermo heater-$20
5oz of chemi pure- $8
API saltwater master kit- $20
API reef master kit-$25

And then my blenny in the 20 got gill flukes so i ordered some prazipro off ebay for $13 free shipping,

Went to petco, got a tetra heater to heat wc water for $20.

Nitrates were like 80 in the 37g, did a 35g wc and are now at 10. Added chemi pure to canister filter.

Got a $60 rock at the lfs that came with a unknown type of xenia, alot of electic green and blue mushrooms, GSP, and some red mushrooms.

2/3s of xenia died in 2 nights from the nitrates and all the mushrooms died on the rock.

Got fire shrimp for a good deal, $30 going in the 37g wont come out of the rocks and may have died.

Got my pico up, 10lbs of live aragonite, 4lbs of live rock, replaced the filter to a penguin 100 for $25

Stock is-
1 red legged hermit
1 blue legged hermit
1 dwarf zebra hermit
1 black clown goby
10 heads of whammin watermelon zoanthid frag from the 37g
Some glove polyps from the 37g.

Moved the blue tux urchin to the 20g.
Got 4 giant blue nuckel hermits for the 37g and 1 for the 20, also 1 large scarlet reef for the 37g aswell.

Cleaned out my QT and got it ready to go for a new fish.

Treatment in the 20 is going good w/prazi. Dosed twice already and fish are showing good results.

This was all over a 10 day time period ofcourse.

Will post pics of the 3g when the lights come on at 1pm.
Fishman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:19 PM   #5918
Aquarium Advice Addict
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

I just finished my school of CPDs in my tank with a nice school of 7. I was going to wait for the big 50% off sale but I couldn't hold out for another month... But goodness do they look great. Tomorrow is the water changing day--fun
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #5919
Aquarium Advice Freak
Luck of the Irish today

Well. Today while i was picking up a free 15g or in that vicinity. I also spotted a tank with some Harlequin Rasboras and Neon Tetras at the Salvation army shop where my sister volunteers. I scouted round as i have picked up 2 nice 20g tanks for $5 each there before and missed a 4foot by a couple of hours a month ago for $25 with stand filter and a light. So the tank looked neglected (in terms of fishkeeping knowledge) but with good intentions. No filter running and about 1/2 a kg of floating food. Water is a mess. will check the Params soon but i count this as saving 7 fish from death by bad water. I asked if it was for sale. Turned out the owner worked there till a fortnight ago but was moved away and left the tank. They gave it to me free as they were glad a fish lover stumbled upon it. I got a nice little cube tank with filter AND i needed more HR's and can home the NT's plus a bristlenose pleco who will keep my lone BP company. Free tank and it was populated with exactly the fish i wanted. So 2 free tanks today and i got some free top ups for my stocking as well I often complain i am not lucky but i feel as if I occasionally have rolls. Won $135 in a cash grab last week that i spent mostly on my aquariums.

Must go and play with tanks

I was planning to set up a shrimp tank today but i will postpone that again (when i begin to work on it i get free stuff so postponing the setup is no issue). I now have three spare filters and tanks i can use them in. My wallet is due for a hammering over the next week or three. I have enough substrate i like to complete maybe 2x 20g tanks and some gravel i am not keen on to do anpther tank if i am motivated.
20g rescape.
35g journal. Abandoned due to Comet gardeners
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #5920
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did a water change on all 3 tanks, rearranged the 20g and 55g, added a betta to the 20g and fed everyone veggies.

twiddlemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com