What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found the perfect accessory for my office / tank room. View attachment 299868

Beautiful and matches your avatar snail! Perfect!

I abandoned my hubbie in line when I spotted it at OSH. The lady at the register asked me to go grab the other one for her. Then I showed her pics of my snails. Such a proud snail mama.

LOL, Proud snail mama, :) yeah, people can start to look a little scared when you show them more than 1 or 2 pics!

Autumnsky... I'm just starting to get into snails, but yeah...... "don't you have fish in your fish tanks, why just plants and snails. " lol[emoji23]

Bought a two gallon glass jar from Walmart for less than $12 usd. Setting it up to put trimmings from Java fern, anubias, and anacharis. Just threw some plants in today, will rearrange later. IMG_20170601_180147064_HDR.jpg

Watch it carefully, my son had snails in his with a sponge filter and it developed a crack and leaked. Looks great though!

Those are jars are great but I got a hairline crack in a previous one and it never leaked, but I threw it out as soon as I noticed and did not want to chance it. Had bad prior experience on some glass vases and containers over the years :nono:

~~~
Working a lot. Fed lightly the past couple days as it seemed I may have over fed prior to that. Now my fish are very aggitated and staring at me in a scornful way...

A couple days ago I threw in some hair grass which was sort of a square from the aquascaping convention (I got from the Wabi-Kusa DIY "sorry you missed the class here's some stuff you can buy the leftovers to make your own ball")

They were in a bucket and I moved them into the turtle bowl with the Amazonia Light substrate. The silty cloudiness mostly went away and looks pretty good. I ruffled the grass around to shake off the silt a little which made a cloudy mess and then today it was reasonably clear again.

The other plants I am surprised they are still alive living in a tote of water with temps dipped down the past month into the 40's nightly.

Interestingly the Baby Tears in the pot is still alive I plunked it down and it sunk. It seems to have made the water transition perfectly all green as much as I can see. Have previously killed a few, maybe by trying too hard???

Baby Angels report is that some are starting to fall off the leaves often, maybe some are swimmers. I need to get out the magnifying glass again. Tonight too tired. Will take a pic to see the growth if I can find my phone.

More tomorrow.

Those are jars are great but I got a hairline crack in a previous one and it never leaked, but I threw it out as soon as I noticed and did not want to chance it. Had bad prior experience on some glass vases and containers over the years :nono:

Did not know that everyone knew about the 2 gallon walmart jars, haha! I got the idea from a local store that uses them with sponge filters to rehab sick bettas that they get for free from big chain stores when they would otherwise be disposed of.
Will definitely keep an eye out for cracks.

Did not know that everyone knew about the 2 gallon walmart jars, haha! I got the idea from a local store that uses them with sponge filters to rehab sick bettas that they get for free from big chain stores when they would otherwise be disposed of.
Will definitely keep an eye out for cracks.

No, not that many people probably know. I share about it too because of such a nice size and economical price, and thick glass compared to a the round vase like maybe visable in the pic to the right also succumbed to a crack.

Couple or few years ago right after it was set up in 5 min, lol This one came from a place I worked so it was well used.

60074-albums12102-picture55171.jpg

~~~~

Angel wigglers are so many swimmers now will post pics soon. A big bunch down at the bottom corner, and about 50++ swimming in a little cloud near the leaf and parents.

Last night I added back the sponge prefilter to stop any sucking them up. Had had it off so as to try and suck up as much debris as possible before.

Also added a dose of Melafix since the babies are hanging at the bottom. It is bare bottom/no substrate but some decor and a couple plants.

I fed a little powdered food last night before bed, so maybe they were eating some of it or the weak ones???

This is the first time I will actually try for babies long term survival. I think there are hundreds. Can only imagine what on earth I would do with a zillion babies! That is a pretty long time away so not too worried about it yet. :eek:

Took a couple pics of the plant tubs and containers to load and post later too.

Adding about 15G of fresh water to the pond today.

The Goldfish person never got back to me about the fancy Goldies. Won't need to worry about that either I guess.

Tanks seem to be doing fine right now, and fish are looking okay as far as the quick looks went.

They are messy jungles right now with tons of overgrowth of floating Water Wisteria and duck weed though.

Will be working to tame them down some and add more of the Wisteria to the pond.

Operation scoop and move first, then taming one by one.

Thinking of moving the 6.6G glass only Edge tank of MacroAlgae to the SW nano cabinet like a refugium but need a smaller width to fit.

Then using the 6.6G glass tank to do a little DHG Iwagumi inspired scape with my new Amazonia Light and the Seiryu I have had for a few months now...hmmmm.

Chores first though.

Trying to harvest a Vinegar Eel Culture portion to feed the baby Angels. We will see what happens.

There is an even larger cloud of fry swimming around now!

OMGG, I got it to work. Tiny Eels (I know they aren't really eels) fed to tiny Angelfish babies. They will live in the water for around 5 days - maybe up to a week. There are sooo many babies they will not last that long!

I think I will post it as a thread and link it here.

Back
Top Bottom