Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #5931
Aquarium Advice Addict

Was thinking of trying my bettas. My cousins birthday is this year and they want fish for guests to take home. Its a big party since he is turning one. This is what I got so far

Old 01-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #5932
Aquarium Advice Addict

At work watching opae ULA shrimpClick image for larger version

Name:	1390681821882.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	218791

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #5933
Aquarium Advice Regular

Finally getting my tank back after a 9 month algae bloom which happened after changing the light from fluorescent to T5HO.
Last week prior to UV sterilizer install (camera shows more of the interior of the tank than I could actually see- I could only see in about 2-3 inches) And yes, all this time I was doing 30 - 50% weekly water changes and no lights to no avail.
Next is at day four -

And today (day 6) after 30% water change.

Test kit arrived yesterday, so prior to this change I tested: Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 5, PH 7.4.
Now that I can see in the tank , I'm thinking of redecorating with rock and perhaps going to a sand substrate. Still weighing the substrate change....chime in with opinions if you so desire.
anachrotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #5934
Aquarium Advice Activist

Please read my thread in aquaria off topic I think my fish may have died!! Please hurry!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #5935
Aquarium Advice Addict

I reattached my background using baby oil (vs tape) Wow, it looks so much better! Gotta love the random tips I pick up here
venymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #5936
Aquarium Advice Activist

Starting the breeding process with my bettas Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390691026.434883.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	218824
Old 01-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #5937

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulbettas View Post
Please read my thread in aquaria off topic I think my fish may have died!! Please hurry!
Read your thread, look into enthuizing him, should be much less painful.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:58 AM   #5938
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My husband and me made a thing to secure the pipe I use to fill my tank. I pump water up from a bucket, and it's always slipping out and splashing water everywhere.

This thing works though. It's a section of PVC pipe with a slot so it can fit onto the side of the tank, and two holes at right angles to the slot, for the water-pipe. Works like a charm. No more splashy surprises.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #5939
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
My husband and me made a thing to secure the pipe I use to fill my tank. I pump water up from a bucket, and it's always slipping out and splashing water everywhere.

This thing works though. It's a section of PVC pipe with a slot so it can fit onto the side of the tank, and two holes at right angles to the slot, for the water-pipe. Works like a charm. No more splashy surprises.

Awesome idea!!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #5940
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post

I don't use a pump to fill my tank but have had issues when my syphon tube decides to escape. I solved the problem by cutting a hole in the emptying end of the tube and using fishing line and a sinker tied through the hole to weigh it down. That is another great idea.

Editing in
35g. 50% WC on Comet tank. Missed last weeks WC with this tank so will do another 30% tomorrow. Fed peasin the morning and My sister hand fed them some orange when she visited.

20g. Fed peas in the morning, small flake feed for their dinner and a few pellets to sink for the Khulis.

5g. Small WC which brings should mean this tank has 100% WC over 4 small changes in 2 days. The filter that came with the tank is burnt out so i have no idea how long they were being overfed without a filter running but i had to scoop loads of food out when i emptied the tank to transport them home. This was the free tank i picked up with 2 Harlequin Rasboras, 5 Neon Tetras and a Bristlenose.

Changed the water that 3 bits of driftwood are soaking in. picked up about 5 more marbled stones from driveway to start washing for the 20g i hope to set up tomorrow. When cycled i plan to split my Khulis and Rasboras into 1 tank and add more Khulis. Will maybe add a dwarf gourami too. The other tank will have 13 NTs and 2 bristlenoses for now. Will decide on completing the stocking later.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com