Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #6001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibsog View Post
Omg!!! Woke up and guppy filter is broken! Have to use the warranty, but what to do!? Can they live in my 10g for a few days?
You need to oxygenate the water, go buy a new one, better than loosing your fish.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #6002
Aquarium Advice Addict

Honestly, you'll be fine for a bit. Just do some PWCs a little more frequently until you get a new one and stir it up every once and a while or add a air stone if you're really concerned. I'd try to get the warranty, but that's just me

Old 02-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #6003
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added their weekly zucchini chunk. This week there were two, one slightly smaller one that was stuck frozen. The smaller one has become my pleco's personal piece while the barbs are getting their fill of the bigger piece. The 3 foot bamboo plant (fake) I added has only seemed to curb my gourami's aggression toward his smaller companion slightly. I think I may end up rehoming the little one to avoid him being killed down the line.

Edit- The rainbow shark is taking control of the larger chunk, the poor tiger barbs.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #6004
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tristan22 View Post
Added a betta to a my tank (:

Attachment 220209
Talk about a PUNCH of color!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #6005
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Just got back, checking on the damage!

Well here is the start of my "just home from my trip" and what happened to my tanks novella...

Added almost 10 gallons of water to my 37G Koi Angelfish pair (maybe someday breeding) tank.

Had to add a gallon of water to my 5G Chi tank as the pump wasn't running, it was on but no water was coming out :/ Looks like I lost a small mystery snail baby about the size of a dime. The other one got to moving around but that one looks a little like its not gonna snap out of it...

Before I left I got 5 Neons to add to the 3 that were left from rescues, and somewhat hang out with the Cardinals (in the 72G). But 3 died within just a couple days. When I got back, the 2 were still alive and looked lovely so moved them from QT and into the big tank. BUT the other 3 were no where in sight...

So I am thinking what happened was that my giant Purple Spotted Gudgeon (72G) probably got mad I didn't specially feed him like I always do (I was gone) so took it upon himself to chomp the little guys. There seems to be a couple less of my Platy fry too. I tried to get him a new home before I left but it didn't work out. So I guess I will trade him in for some other fish instead.

I saw my Blue Velvet shrimp mama has a big load of babies under her tail, I am guessing this is the same one as before since I never saw the shrimplets. I can't find my magnifying glass to look around the tank better. The fish looked well colored in there, but they were mostly hiding so I don't know if they are all there or not.

The pair of Koi Angels (37Gstill looks like they aren't doing their jobs for the tank to be a breeding tank yet...

The 3rd wheel left out Koi Angel which is in the 16G now because he was being very mean to the 4 new baby angels I had brought home, survived the being caught 2x and moved to 2 different tanks before I left. I was wondering because he was hugely stressed. But he is alive! I imagine there aren't many, if any Platy fry left in that tank. There were 15-20 babies in there before, very small too.

The 72G tank still has the previous 4 Angel babies alive and well colored. Other than missing the 3 Neons and possibly 2 Cardinals missing It seems the rest are there.

My little 6.6G Edge tank looks like all the fish are there and the Fire Red Shrimp look alright too. This tank is in a different room so it didn't get fed as often.

One Oto did die in the 37G while I was gone, I had the report while I was away.

Have been looking at special Bettas online. WOW! There are some of my dream fish I saw I have to make up my mind, cause I can't get a big bunch of them, lol!

Added water to the rest of the tanks that needed it, and fed all of them.
Overall not as bad as it could have been. I have a lot of water changes and filters to clean! Glad to be back!

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #6006

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
I keep multiplying! I got a 3.5g bowfront tank with 20 watts of light. Replacement for 4g which broke earlier today. Getting 4g filter in mail, gonna set up a new tank!!! (Again. Im too obsessed.)
Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #6007
Aquarium Advice Addict

One word..... rescape

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #6008
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynicole View Post
One word..... rescape

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
lol, one word...Pics!!!

Community Rules

Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #6009

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
lol, one word...Pics!!!
+1 to that!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 AM   #6010
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Talk about a PUNCH of color!

Thank you. He is the center piece of his new home(:

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com