Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #6011
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391436085530.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	220440  

Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #6012
Aquarium Advice Freak

Awe I love it! The fish look sooo small!!

Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #6013
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShallNtEatFish View Post
Awe I love it! The fish look sooo small!!
Thank you. The rasoboras are small I guess but the turquoise rainbow is pretty big.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #6014
Aquarium Advice Regular

Treated an algae bloom, replanted a plant I think the pleco uprooted
Old 02-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #6015
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynicole View Post
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Looks nice and roomy. I like the different depth clay pots/hiddey holes!

paul87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #6016
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you

Old 02-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #6017
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

Just a suggestion...I think the DW would look nice directly on the sand on the left side. To make room for that I would pile the rocks on the right side somewhere between the filter intake and the spray bar. Make that the focal point. Has something to do with drawing the eyes away from the center of the tank and breaking up any symmetry. The clay pots are decorative and functional and can be incorporated into the "rock pile". Just my two cents. I understand some of the points that can lead to a good scape, however, actually achieving them really takes an artistic eye. My efforts have often been called "crop" or "farm like" because I have trouble following even my own advice. Good luck and continue to post any changes. Looking forward to whatever you come up with.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #6018
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Hi you can collect plenty of decor for free,just look around any local woodlands and find some suitable branches,just make sure its not rotten{a good squeeze will show if its rotten or not if it 'crumbles' or feels soft leave it alone}Sorry I have forgotten which trees are fish safe,but thin Oak and Silver birch are OK? But i would check on here first! Also rocks and pebbles are easy to find,almost anywhere,just give a dam good clean and rinse and then give the 'vinegar' treatment{just pour some on and see if it reacts,if it does leave well alone!}This is the joy of bigger tanks as the local shop simply do not usually have big enough decor!
Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #6019
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi done a water change yesterday and cleaned out my fluval 405 and rescued the usual several hundred shrimps!!! I also installed my latest light a Gro beam 600. Looks very different to my 'old' T5s Just have to wait and see if the plants agree!?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #6020
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Finally attempted to get my flame scallop to where I can see him, Now how long hell stay is another story. Had to take some rocks and coral out to move the rock he is attached to in a shady but visible place. This was not an easy task! LOL. Here he is now on the side of tank, closed up now of course.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com