Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-07-2014, 05:46 AM   #6051
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Understand, things are different if you have one, than if you have 100.

Today I cleaned the Aquaclear 110 inside and out, cleaned the 16G filter and prefilter, and the prefilter in the 12.

Did 10-20% pwc in 37G, 12G, 5G Chi.

Took some pics of my fish.

I have my albums full so I will have to add more later.

here is my crazy bamboo shrimp, happily fanning all the time.
I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #6052
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.
Sounds like you maybe getting them "hooked" - had to use one of the newly available smilies

Those shrimp are a little different variety than any I have had or seen before. I also got a 2" one but haven't seen it lately so it maybe fell prey to one of the bigger bottom feeders after a molt, though I hope it just found a different area it likes better to fan, and I can't see it...

This one looks like an anchor. The others, I have seen mainly for the last few years, have a much more refined look to them. This guy and all the more recent ones the store has been getting look somewhat mutant, or rugged to phrase it a bit nicer.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #6053
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I didn't physically do anything with my tank today but I did finish drawing the stand up for my 55 gal bow front what do you think? Still gotta build the frame that's going to hold the 2 400watt halides haha just trying to work out the hight
Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #6054
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forgot the pic of the stand haha Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391789077.968865.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	221226
Old 02-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #6055
Aquarium Advice Addict

I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391789507446.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	221228   Click image for larger version

Name:	1391789580398.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	221229  

Name:	1391789598236.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	221230  
Old 02-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #6056
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
Forgot the pic of the stand haha Attachment 221226
You are going to build it????? Wow!

I think you may need a couple additional brace pieces around the bow for support and tacking on the front skin so it doesn't get dented in as easily. Not really explaining myself well. A couple more vertical parts in the bow area to support the skin on the out side. Of course I don't know the rest of the design, for instance if you aren't covering it with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got
Love the colors in the plants! What kinds are they?

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #6057
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought sfgiants colorful plant package. The only one I remember is ludwigia repens lok

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #6058
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol* and some p. Kawa-something hehe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #6059
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fed them and added melafix and fungus clear. Been watching the fish most of the day because there's nothing on tv
Old 02-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #6060
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rescape again! Better?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1391822747725.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	221323   Click image for larger version

Name:	1391822800820.jpg
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	221324  

Name:	1391822813347.jpg
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	221325  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com