What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up 39 Neons and hope they will stay alive, they were shipped to the store on Tues. so there were still a few deaths. Yesterday and maybe today not sure. I can return any dead.

Hoping this will be the last batch if most survive there will be around 60-70 give or take. And that will be perfect.

They are acclimating to the QT 5G buckets.

I was out in a reservoir basin for work today and found some pretty cool looking lava rocks. Had to lug them back up to my car, but that's the price you pay :)

I took a batch of platys to my LFS today and was pleasantly surprised when the owner gave me some seiryu stone in trade. He'd never offered to pay or trade before, so he must be happy with the quality of my fish.

He also had corydoras adolfoi in stock, which I have never seen live before. They're gorgeous. And danged expensive, but I was so tempted to buy the five he had

I took a batch of platys to my LFS today and was pleasantly surprised when the owner gave me some seiryu stone in trade. He'd never offered to pay or trade before, so he must be happy with the quality of my fish.

He also had corydoras adolfoi in stock, which I have never seen live before. They're gorgeous. And danged expensive, but I was so tempted to buy the five he had

Nice surprise! Special fish and they look better with age.

Cuties!

~~~

Ran all over the countryside.

Picked up a group of 8 tiny Pygmy cories. Passed on the hard to find Hastatus aka Black Diamond as they were labeled in the shop, Dwarf Cories.

The guy called them by the common name and I had thought I had heard of all Dwarf Cories, but after seeing them it finally dawned on me they were Hastatus - at 9.99 each. The are very adorable but not in the budget for now.

Tried for more than a half hour to catch all the nano fish in the FW 6.6G and just gave up after capturing just one variety, the ones I wanted to catch Ember Tetras for the 72G I thought I would end up killing them and did not have enought time to take all the stuff out and dump the water.

Store only had 3 Green Kubotai Microdevario so I got those.

Picked up a new to me Fluval FX-5 canister filter - tested and works.

Saw a friends tanks too.

Got things situated in the house.

Gave away a bunch of plants to the guy and the FX-5.

Got some planning decided for the tanks which will stay and go and fish which will stay and will not - still have a couple issues.

90G FW for now till I find a really big 155G+ for FW and then make a nice reef with the 90G

What display tank to move the SW nanos into? Fluval did not come out with their Edge 3 19G tank series like they said about 6 times already in 3 years - FAIL. So what is the option? Question of the week.

Only a dozen Neons are left at this time out of 37 :nono: Frustration.

Absolutely disgusted with I'gor (Dwarf Pea Puffer). Fed him worms last night and out popped a planaria out of the substrate. He ate all the worms around it and left the planaria untouched. He is so fired.

Absolutely disgusted with I'gor (Dwarf Pea Puffer). Fed him worms last night and out popped a planaria out of the substrate. He ate all the worms around it and left the planaria untouched. He is so fired.

Lol - that's a discerning puffer on taste buds.

He's going hungry for a few days and then I'll drop a pellet on to draw the planaria out. Muuhahaha!

Woo I bought a Python!

This is the most amazing invention! Tried it out tonight and it ran so smoothly and mess free. I can't believe it took me this long to discover it.

Attachments

• 20170926_172153.jpg
    20170926_172153.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 47

Wow, I'gor, wow!

Best thing ever!

This is the most amazing invention! Tried it out tonight and it ran so smoothly and mess free. I can't believe it took me this long to discover it.

Hear how much people are relieved of mess and drudgery all the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are just 4 Neons left. I am saddened and disgusted about the quality of them. I think I will plan on finding a nice bunch of Green Neons to bump up the number. Really been frustrating to say the least.

Just doing a few pwcs.

uKe9wLh.jpg

Bleaching rocks. Scrubbed them with a wire brush too. Not sure which ones if any I'll wind up using, but they'll be ready when I am!

Back
Top Bottom