Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #601
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddits View Post
Added a few new rocks for the fish to call home. Yellow lab has been picking on my red zebra so I needed to make a few changes. Also did my water change, scrubbed the glass and cleaned out the filter pads and changed the carbon. I swear I think my fish have a cleaner home then I do lol
i know how you feel. im religous with PWC's but never clean my room lol. today i did my water changes. even though one tank is either mostly empty or has one fry(he might be dead,might be in the java moss),and got new fish food and bloodworms

Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #602
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fed fish... Looks like my platy is pregnant again. I wonder what on earth I am gonna do with these fry.... Sigh...

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #603
Aquarium Advice Activist

Its been a busy few days for my tank. On friday I added a new addition to the tank a german gold ram. On saturday did the usual water change, gravel vac, wipe down the walls. Tried to reset the ledlight/bubbler that I have in the bottom of the tank. Figured out that I will need to weigh it down the suction cups were too worn. So I too it out accidentall broke the bubble part of it. I siliconed it to some slate that I had in the tank at one time. Now today I notice my ram was at the surface a little too much for my liking. So when in doubt do a water change. So I took advantage and reseated the led light.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #604
Aquarium Advice Addict

i fed them. when i fed my 20,i looked over into my 10,and what do i see? the jewel fry i hadnt seen in over a week,finally looking like a fish. he was pretty fat too,guess the java moss worked
Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #605
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSmish
Stared at my tank trying to count all the babies and playing chase the finger with Delilah (female dwarf gourami), gave them their morning feed and watched Frankenstein and frankenfurter (my two big snails) parasnailing for a while, man can those guys move when they want to!
Parasnailing is a great word! I did my weekly water change for the puffers yesterday, I'll probably go ahead and do the other tanks later today.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #606
Aquarium Advice Activist

Put in a new plant, got water tested. Perfect perems!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #607
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fed my fish, tested my water, yay for perfect params! Worked out i am basically overrun with platy fry so I'm getting another tank to put the little guys in on thursday, already got the media in my current filter to seed it, going to leave it to run through till Sunday when I do a mass change....

I didn't invent parasnailing, someone else on here did, but it's so perfect I stole it haha!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #608
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've been super busy with work the last few weeks, then ended up in the hospital on Friday with planter fasciatus. My tank have been neglected, a missed water changes and a few missed feedings.. but I'm I'm about to tough it out and clean all 4 tanks w/ partial gravel vacuum ... I'm not looking forward to this but my fish will be happier I know
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #609
Aquarium Advice Activist

PWC, added a blue background with Sea Clear..messy, but did the trick! Waiting on my other two 24W dual bulb T5's to get In tomorrow.

Mid trimming back plants (having some issues with them even with Co2..switched ferts..hope that helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3253665852.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	97321
Old 05-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #610
Aquarium Advice Addict

I did a 14 gal pwc, took everything out and stirred the sand, rearranged everything and took out my bubble stone. Rinsed out my filter unit and rinsed the filter pads. All clean! I like the way it looks now.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com