What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a 2 gallon bucket to help me do water changes on my 10 gallon. I had maybe .25ish, but did a 40 % just in case. We have over cast skies today and I like reading my API results in the sun. I plan on doing another filter squeeze this weekend, just to speed it up. The little platy I thought would make it with clean water and no over crowding in the tank, died. Thats most likely where the .25 came from.

was doing my nightly observation on my tanks, and just "found" my peppermint shrimp in my 75 after two weeks lol

Fed my betta n watched him show off for me..plannin on addin my gravel back since i have finally changed the bright neon mix my neices picked although i really like the tank without gravel i think the otos miss it.

took the 130 mile round trip to town to run few errands ,,
after I got done I stopped in at aqua-mart
wasn't planing on buying anything just look , since I just made a big $300.+ order with reefs2go , :facepalm:Well that didn't happen came across 3 real nice coral rocks around 4-5 inches each full of goodies , also found a sweet toad stool leather , they wanted $50.each for the 3 rocks and $20. for the toad stool $170. total , well I made a good show that I was upset I didn't have enough $$$ , guy said tell you what since you are a good regular customer I'll make you a great deal , well you guessed it it was a great deal he said I'll take what ever you have in your pocket:Dgot it all for $65. , now how could I turn that down , he didn't know I had $300 in my other pocket:whistle:
well got home to find he even added 2 small frags for free , 1 zoa and a small star polyp they usually sell them for $15 each .

ok to the goodies(y)(y)

this rock has a few different zoa's and a yellow sponge can't wait for it to fully open

img_2123480_0_57d34f8b33e5da29808312fa5400dd64.jpg

and to the right small star polyp I got for free(y) it's not open yet

this one has a kenya tree some zoa's and a red shroom
and there's my toad stool to the rear

img_2123480_1_cb958af2e01a0748b11d97d0266884ea.jpg

this is the free zoa frag I got(y)

img_2123480_2_9d2f3e14c429f0fd726a26bcbff7c0a2.jpg

last but not least the last zoa rock right above my green shrooms theres 5 or 6 different types can't wait till it opens fully

img_2123480_3_093b0e1508d395485a7ba5442a3cb2f0.jpg

my mandarin is munching on all the pods that came on rock its loaded

when I get my goodie box from reefs2go I'll add more picts of that stuff

now did I score or what????:cool::D:D:ROFLMAO:

after it all opens full I'll figure out exactly what each type the zoa's are

oh one last pict little video

of the whole tank (turn sound off all you'll hear is the fan buzzing didn't know how to edit out sound ) NO that's not the pumps running lol if it was I'd go nuts

40cherokee

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/40cherokee/?action=view¤t=newest 008_zps32b7155d.mp4

think if you follow link to video you can also see the tank's progress through photo bucket

Wednesday is water change day. Added root tabs to the 29. Found 2 baby java ferns tangled in my hornwort, wiped off some algae and discovered one of my corkscrew vals is about at the waterline.

54seaweed said:
took the 130 mile round trip to town to run few errands ,,
after I got done I stopped in at aqua-mart
wasn't planing on buying anything just look , since I just made a big $300.+ order with reefs2go , :facepalm:Well that didn't happen came across 3 real nice coral rocks around 4-5 inches each full of goodies , also found a sweet toad stool leather , they wanted $50.each for the 3 rocks and $20. for the toad stool $170. total , well I made a good show that I was upset I didn't have enough $$$ , guy said tell you what since you are a good regular customer I'll make you a great deal , well you guessed it it was a great deal he said I'll take what ever you have in your pocket:Dgot it all for $65. , now how could I turn that down , he didn't know I had $300 in my other pocket:whistle:
well got home to find he even added 2 small frags for free , 1 zoa and a small star polyp they usually sell them for $15 each .

ok to the goodies(y)(y)

this rock has a few different zoa's and a yellow sponge can't wait for it to fully open

and to the right small star polyp I got for free(y) it's not open yet

this one has a kenya tree some zoa's and a red shroom
and there's my toad stool to the rear

this is the free zoa frag I got(y)

last but not least the last zoa rock right above my green shrooms theres 5 or 6 different types can't wait till it opens fully

my mandarin is munching on all the pods that came on rock its loaded

when I get my goodie box from reefs2go I'll add more picts of that stuff

now did I score or what????:cool::D:D:ROFLMAO:

after it all opens full I'll figure out exactly what each type the zoa's are

oh one last pict little video

of the whole tank (turn sound off all you'll hear is the fan buzzing didn't know how to edit out sound ) NO that's not the pumps running lol if it was I'd go nuts

http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp303/40cherokee/?action=view¤t=newest 008_zps32b7155d.mp4

think if you follow link to video you can also see the tank's progress through photo bucket

That's awesome!! Now your just showing off!! lol.

show me some of your new goodies I know you just got a bunch not too long ago
you still got me beat with that new tank
I want to start a fiddler crab tank found a place online that has 25 of them for 14.95 for the lot
want 1/2 cause 25 in a 40g breeder will be way to many

Water changes on all 3 tanks. Moved my new 55g to my bedroom and waiting for the rest of equipment to set it up as the replacement for my 20g community.
Went pokin' around Kenbob's 40g and noticed 2 baby cichlids under some driftwood and in an ornament. Born from the 2 holding cichlids I gave him a few weeks back. They are about 3/8 - 1/2" now :D

installed a marine land heater on the 55 , had to send the old one back to because it broke , I have to say their customer service is pretty good I had a new heater within a week of calling them

Well I woke up this morning (after dreaming about this) and made up in my mind that I was going to attempt to make a solid wood tank stand for my 40B. I am really exhausted from looking for one made and reasonably priced. So here is a lovely picture of what I accomplished and I also painted the back blue, all I have left is to cut my reinforcing corner boards (which will make corners flushed) and attach them (this tank is my AFC tank...next I will be designing a funky tunnel with PVC piping :brows:(I think)...oh BTW the bottom is going to be for another tank...possibly a planted tank since I have never tried real plants (y)

Attachments

• 20120919_235608.jpg
    20120919_235608.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 80
Well I woke up this morning (after dreaming about this) and made up in my mind that I was going to attempt to make a solid wood tank stand for my 40B. I am really exhausted from looking for one made and reasonably priced. So here is a lovely picture of what I accomplished and I also painted the back blue, all I have left is to cut my reinforcing corner boards (which will make corners flushed) and attach them (this tank is my AFC tank...next I will be designing a funky tunnel with PVC piping :brows:(I think)...oh BTW the bottom is going to be for another tank...possibly a planted tank since I have never tried real plants (y)

I regret having a bottom tank its no picnic draining when you need water changes
only way I get it to drain is with the shop vac and pray I no suck up no fish lol
there a big pain at ground level

img_2123974_0_33267cb293c1ff0ef05f4c4043bdf659.jpg

you did a nice job on your stand for sure
I just may have to build one get rid of metal stand

Back
Top Bottom