Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #6151
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

Yeah... But I still wasn't a complete believer they would take care of them as well as I did. Only because they weren't in my sites. But the same night they were rehomed my jack Dempsey was swimming right next to the others and resting with them at night. Tailless was skittish at first and hiding, I expected being a scared fish. But today, tailless is out and about.. Like I said one of a kind fish. but I wouldn't let just anyone take them. So as my bf says, it'll be ok.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #6152
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bought some Lileopsis and either dwarf or regular hairgrass for my Kuhli tank. Also found a cheap used camera that lets me take better pictures than my phone or laptop. I'll upload some pics later when i have rescaped my plants. My Kuhlis are being photogenic so i'll take a few more pics before the rescape so they don't start hiding. Must have watched them for three hours today.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #6153
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

just finished prepping for my new arrivals that should be here anytime now , fedex should have been here a hour ago

things I've done

10g water change
cleaned out skimmers
rearranged corals
set up my prep table/placed frag tools and plugs in order for easy access
water change in qt tank for the new wrasse
set up acclimation station
cleaned out coral dip bucket
wait he just pulled in

54seaweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #6154
Aquarium Advice Freak

Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S
Old 02-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #6155
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S
That is always a little scary...

Well been very busy here, been doing daily, occasionally 2x daily, 50-70% pwc on my qt to keep the water in good condition. Think my bb just wasn't as abundant as I thought. Moved half of the Glowlight Tetras yesterday to the 72G, they are really happy, and will move the rest tomorrow.

Found a pretty Blue Ram and he is now in my QT.

Here is a pic of my female Betta in my 5G Chi tank.

Probably picking up my new shrimp today, had car problems the other day so couldn't pic them up, and the CPO's, and more aquarium plants for my tanks. 2 days ago I got some nice Ludwigia Repens.

Finally getting a lid for my Chi tank online, some shrimp food and small algae wafers... can only find the giant ones at the store.

Couple days ago bought 5 kinds of food to replenish the fish food drawer! Got frozen baby brine shrimp and didn't realize how tiny they were, lol, untill they went into the tank. The Angels didn't even see them to eat them. But the Cories found them and were doing the happy dance!!!

Checking on a new used tank, a 6.6G Edge, waiting to see if it is still available from CL, looking at the possibility of venturing into the salty side!?!!!! Something simple, and easy...

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #6156
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nothing yet, about to head off to the petco 50% off sale. Pretty excited for some new additions.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #6157
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.
venymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #6158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by venymae View Post
Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.
Oh no that's horrible, I'm very sorry to hear that
Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #6159
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by venymae View Post
Oh, that is so tragic. Accidents happen, don't beat yourself up. Take some time..., because it sad and heart aching. So sorry for your loss, it is even harder when it is a favorite fish.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #6160
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Added 6 neons and 1 rumnynose tetra, think he's lonely, going to try to get 4 more tomorrow. Also added a java fern

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com