What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your Betta looks pretty happy in there! Awesome.

Got my water changes done today. Gonna be a busy few days. IMG_2405.jpg

And Hello Heimlich!IMG_2404.jpg

Your Betta looks pretty happy in there! Awesome.

Got my water changes done today. Gonna be a busy few days. View attachment 305733

And Hello Heimlich!View attachment 305734

Heinlich looks like a Tiger. Tiger Kuhli!!!

I'm bummed, can't find my new Pipefish - since it is only 12G it shouldn't be that hard, lots of rocks though with hiding places.

Guess it could have died, but it was eating and the water is just fine. They aren't supposed to be jumpers. Didn't see it in the maze of tubes and wires in the back on the floor either... My other 2 fish are there swimming and eating.

On a positive note the FW QT 3 fish left appear to be getting to look more like normal and I haven't seen any further signs of illness. After the water change I did added one last treatment of the Kanamycin only needed 3 but did 4. No little Tetras survived. Koi Angel, Opaline Gourami and Spotted Rafael Cat.

Makes me still wonder if these 3 are carriers but not going to die and how would I know if they won't kill off the rest of my tank of other fish.

Added the heater and the pond is cold set at 65F. But the 2 totes of plants I forgot to bring in are frozen... So the heater helped apparently.

Rescued some Comet fry from the local LFS. They were going to be lunch for some larger fish no doubt. Research says they're all Goldfish with sizes ranging from 3 to 4 inches to a couple of feet. Have about 16 in a 38 G tank with a couple of dual sponge filters and some Chinese evergreens for filtration. Have a 75 G tank stand, so at some point, I may have to locate a tank to fit it.

Will see how this works.

B

Water changes in multiple tanks, also added carbon to the 10G platy grow-out tank. I'd been treating it with General Cure as I'm pretty sure one of the older females has internal parasites. The treatment's run its course, but unfortunately it has seemed to do any good. I may have to euthanize her to protect the others.

Also just fed that tank some Repashy. Earlier groups have gone wild for it, but this group of platys is more like "Meh. Whatevs." They obviously don't appreciate my hard work in the kitchen. :nono:

Well! It's 2am here. Waiting for Santa! [emoji12] my almost 3 yr old is up. I cleaned my canister filter and hoses, vacuumed gravel, cleaned rocks and plant decorations and water change on my 75g. What a day! Lol, made cookies, wrapped presents, and cleaned house too. Love the "hurry up and wait game". Lol!

Big Box Store is having their $1 fish sale and picked up 20 pretty decent looking Neons. IMG_2440.jpg
Only been in the tank a half hour and good color.

In my other tank, my Buce flowered and no one mutilated it yet. IMG_2429.jpg

Overdue water changes on all of the tanks.
Added a surface defroster to my pond (ice was already forming) and pulled out several smaller dwarf sag. They are sitting in a cup of water warming up to room temp. Added some hydrogen peroxide to kill off any nuisance algae and hitchhikers. These will go into my planted tank. Will be removing staur repens to make some room.
Filled zip lock sandwich bags with duckweed and guppy grass; to the LFS they will go.

Big Box Store is having their $1 fish sale and picked up 20 pretty decent looking Neons. View attachment 305809
Only been in the tank a half hour and good color.

In my other tank, my Buce flowered and no one mutilated it yet. View attachment 305810

Very nice.

Neons look happy. Great to see a flower too!

~~~~
My two plant containers outside have been so cold they froze completely. Good thing I got the heater in the little pond, fish seem very happy about not being fishsicles.

Never found a body or a Pipefish. I really liked that guy and was so excited to see him every day hanging around. It is loses like this which cause me to not want to increase the fish population. So frustrating. Water quality was seemingly fine. I did an add water for evap and pwc around that time. No unusual things other than added a little calcium. So many tiny intricacies which I need to fine tune and learn more about.

Pwc on the PRL added water for evap.

Thinking the tank meds I ordered may have been lost in the mail.

I added sand to my Betta tank yesterday. It's Crystal clear today. And looks pretty nice. Along with a few new rocks. Just need some plants. Think it's time for an UPGRADE!

IMG_0839.jpg
Santa was good to me this year. I got a new Fluval LED light and some long-handle tools (scissors, tweezers, scraper, etc). Here is the tank after installing the light, a pwc, and cleaning up the plants. [emoji5]

~~~~

My two plant containers outside have been so cold they froze completely. Good thing I got the heater in the little pond, fish seem very happy about not being fishsicles.

Never found a body or a Pipefish. I really liked that guy and was so excited to see him every day hanging around. It is loses like this which cause me to not want to increase the fish population. So frustrating. Water quality was seemingly fine. I did an add water for evap and pwc around that time. No unusual things other than added a little calcium. So many tiny intricacies which I need to fine tune and learn more about.

Pwc on the PRL added water for evap.

Thinking the tank meds I ordered may have been lost in the mail.

Sorry about the pipefish. Are they known to be sensitive? Your a great fish mom. Don’t beat yourself up too much.

My heater for my 20g was SUPPOSED to come in the mail today, but something happened in the mailing process and it somehow got damaged. Maybe the truck got in a crash? Anyways, I now have to wait till Sunday to get it...

My heater for my 20g was SUPPOSED to come in the mail today, but something happened in the mailing process and it somehow got damaged. Maybe the truck got in a crash? Anyways, I now have to wait till Sunday to get it...
Hope you have a back up. If not, an electric blanket wrapped around the tank would probably work. Just a thought. Or even a heating pad with a blanket. Message seller tell them to put fragile on it. Mail carriers have been careless this yr.

Hope you have a back up. If not, an electric blanket wrapped around the tank would probably work. Just a thought. Or even a heating pad with a blanket. Message seller tell them to put fragile on it. Mail carriers have been careless this yr.

It's alright, the tank is still cycling. Barely even started! I'm just hoping they do it again. My sister's order got broken too. Most likely on the same truck. At least the fish food I ordered came through!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom