Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #6221
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fed the fish. Added some Epsom salt to raise the gh in a tank with snails, was really low. 20% PWC on the 29gal and 50% PWC on the fry tank. Realized the danios laid eggs right before they moved to another tank and left a ton of babies so I fed the babies. Played with Dexter my betta.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #6222
Aquarium Advice Activist

re did my 10g planted tank. had a full bag of midnight floramax for months decided to switch out the black gravel for it. I like it a lot better than the cheesy black gravel that was losing its color. picked up some wisteria too today from the lfs. first stem plant. pruned and separated it as well as cleaning up the anacharis I have. planted tanks are becoming addictive.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 PM   #6223

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and re scaped it. 50 % clean on my Giant African shrimp tank and added a second filter to the tank.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Shelly you should give your shrimp a betta buddy!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #6224
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Started the change over from my 65 reef to the 150, ran a 1/4 inch water line from the top of the 150 to the sump of the 65 and every 5-10 min I pulled about a gallon of water from the 65 and dumped it back in the 150 slowly acclimating the entire 65 system making it a snap to move the corals over, catching and moving the fish was not as easy, still need to move my red coris wrasse and my pistol shrimp they buried themselves under the sand somewhere and I'll just have to be patient and try again tomorrow, taotronics and korallia's are moved, a couple more odds and ends to straighten up and then I'll have to decide whether to keep or sell the 65
Old 03-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #6225
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibsog View Post
Shelly you should give your shrimp a betta buddy!
Fibsog i use to have a betta in with them but he died, now it's just the shrimp! I'm actually enjoying just them as they're out and about all day not hiding anymore Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #6226
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not a fun afternoon for this fish keeper.

I noticed a fish with a wound in its side as well as a new fish illness in the community tank. So i bit the bullet and set up a bare bottom hospital/QT tank. I now have 3 fish with fungus in there, 1 has what i would call the dropsy look in that it is bloated to the point of scale protrusion while showing no other signs of distress. It first showed up with fungus coming from the gill area about 2 days ago and showed dropsy this morning. So 3 of the four fish i moved coped well enough but the fish with the wounded side began to lose blood when i switched them it flipped on its back for a while too. It's in a transition bucket and i have ice on standby to euthenase if it does not look ok soon. It has moved enough to pick at the lone flake i put in for it (thinking maybe it's last meal). I still have to temp match some water to top up the new QT, and the community i removed the fish from. Will add another dose of fungus meds to both tanks and hope for the best.

I'm just going to assume that the injured fish had an issue and got attacked and hope that no new disease is about to expose itself.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #6227
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
Not a fun afternoon for this fish keeper.

I noticed a fish with a wound in its side as well as a new fish illness in the community tank. So i bit the bullet and set up a bare bottom hospital/QT tank. I now have 3 fish with fungus in there, 1 has what i would call the dropsy look in that it is bloated to the point of scale protrusion while showing no other signs of distress. It first showed up with fungus coming from the gill area about 2 days ago and showed dropsy this morning. So 3 of the four fish i moved coped well enough but the fish with the wounded side began to lose blood when i switched them it flipped on its back for a while too. It's in a transition bucket and i have ice on standby to euthenase if it does not look ok soon. It has moved enough to pick at the lone flake i put in for it (thinking maybe it's last meal). I still have to temp match some water to top up the new QT, and the community i removed the fish from. Will add another dose of fungus meds to both tanks and hope for the best.

I'm just going to assume that the injured fish had an issue and got attacked and hope that no new disease is about to expose itself.

I'm so sorry, that sucks!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #6228
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
I'm so sorry, that sucks!
Thanks Kittykat I'll keep my hopes up. The fish with the wounded side is actually doing well again now and it was the reason i decided to do isolate them all. The wound still looks a bit nasty but without the flow of the current it seems to be moving freely enough again. Will change 50% of it's water before work and hope it recovers.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #6229
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
Thanks Kittykat I'll keep my hopes up. The fish with the wounded side is actually doing well again now and it was the reason i decided to do isolate them all. The wound still looks a bit nasty but without the flow of the current it seems to be moving freely enough again. Will change 50% of it's water before work and hope it recovers.

Best of luck
Old 03-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #6230
Aquarium Advice Addict

This past weekend I moved the whole tank from one room to the next. REscaped a bit, like this scape better than the last. Added the back half of the pirate ship back in along with 25lbs more gravel. Got all the plumbing for the bell siphon on my 30 gallon aquaponics setup. Took apart my 70 gallon aquaponic setup and stopped Placed my 10g on top of my dresser, needs filter/lights/scape. Oh yeah, watched the fish because the lights are back on!

Pictures are before and after of the scape.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393860683288.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	225660   Click image for larger version

Name:	1393860726629.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	225661  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »