What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I think my next step with this setup is gonna be smaller scale. A community planted tank. I have 2 planted plus lights, a 5g co2 setup, and auto dosed for ferts.

A pair of angels and some boesemani rainbows would be nice I think.
So sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you go with angels it would look very nice along with plants. Hope the best for ya!

Sad, my Oscar Athena took a dive and jumped out of the tank a few days ago.

e3bd161c517c8764dd03118e7ddd4267.jpg
She was a beautiful fish.

She actually looks a lot like my model.
20171208_211940-01.jpeg

Sorry Mebbid.

~~~

Searched around for a used Exo terra or big zoo med used or SW tank but no luck.

Fell in love all over again with Bonsai. Considering of using one at the top of the eventual Paludarium build. Might look for stock at a nursery for a DIY - let it get growing. Stack it on a Dragonstone.

Moved SW lights moved a bunch of corals. Cleaned acrylic SW top and filter on 12G rimless Mr. Aqua.

Cleaned glass and stands on all the tanks.

Added water to the pond, combined a tub of what used to be plants and resembled a huge ice cube, to the pond.

Rinsed out, cleaned /bleached bucket, containers, nets and similar stuff.

Cleaned 3 tanks today and one canister. One more to do tomorrow. Found 2 Amanos in the canister. Guess I need to put the prefilter sponge back on.

Tested ammonia level seems to be around 3ppm. Kind of hard to tell but it doesn't seem as dark as 4ppm. Been 10 days or so now since ammonia added.

My Anubias sprouted a new leaf it seems happy. Have to add water for evaporation it seems the extreme dry & cold weather makes it go fast! I started checking for leaks lol

Another tank and canister clean today. Added some Cuprisorb. Pulled a ton of dwarf sag up. Lots of Java bits and a few crypts. And a giant Anubias. I’ll post it in the classifieds later.

I've added some fish to my old Oscar tank. Currently I'm up to 6 peppered corys, 2 marbled angels, 10 long fin cherry barbs, and 3 turquoise rainbows.

I decided to go with the turquoise rather then the boesemani primarily due to cost and availability.

Next week I will add 3 more rainbows and probably some more corys.

The plastic plants are gonna get slowly phased out as I get more real plants.

7NkYz2M.jpg

Q2MvhGc.jpg

I've added some fish to my old Oscar tank. Currently I'm up to 6 peppered corys, 2 marbled angels, 10 long fin cherry barbs, and 3 turquoise rainbows.

I decided to go with the turquoise rather then the boesemani primarily due to cost and availability.

Next week I will add 3 more rainbows and probably some more corys.

The plastic plants are gonna get slowly phased out as I get more real plants.

7NkYz2M.jpg

Q2MvhGc.jpg
Love it! Very nice...[emoji4]

Hello...

More water changes this past weekend. The fish room is just as much a plant room. The Chinese evergreen house plants are growing like crazy. Need to trim them just about as often as I change the tank water. Attached is a pic of one of the tanks and the house plants.

B

https://imgur.com/a/hZK5l

I know my comment is going to read a little understated but "That is one healthy plant". Good job B.

Tank Room

Hello again...

The tank room is pretty much set up. Would like to get a 75 G and get some more Comets. They're so easy to care for and don't get nearly as large as other species of Goldfish. I have a stand for the 75, just looking for the right time. Attached is a of pic of the tank room.

B

sA6X3

Beddy bye time. IMG_2612.jpg

The new Honey’s have figured out I’m the lady with the tasty grindal worms and come to the front when I enter the room. IMG_2615.jpgIMG_2616.jpg

This is a cool set of pics I got the other morning. Partially frozen little pond.

Couldn't believe my eyes
60074-albums13946-picture71728.jpg

Closer...
60074-albums13946-picture71726.jpg

Icy sparkle star surprise
60074-albums13946-picture71727.jpg

What a treasure of something to behold.

Unexpected trip out of town for a couple weeks, must get lights set up on timer. Need to buy a little packaged foods and get the feeding stuff set in little daily pill containers. Still too many tanks just for this kind of reason.

Lots of pwc going on all around and will also try to clean the filters too in the next couple days in hopes of nothing going wrong. Will have someone to "watch" the tanks but not a fish person exactly.

Feeding my fish this morning. Loving the feeding frenzy of healthy happy Swordtails,Molly and Cory cat.

Lovely TMaier!

Got the FW tanks all pwc'd including bowls and containers filled too.

Want to do one more large pwc on the 72G and still clean the filter. Did around 70% change on it by letting the draining keep going as I filled more up, other wise the gigantic Angel fish would have had to be laying sideways.

Need to do SW Saturday, have to run down and get some more SW, buy the extra foods for the time away.

Got 7 separate daily fish feeder containers aka medicine/pill keepers, each has AM-noon-PM so 21 days worth. Hoping to only be gone 7, but will likely be 10-14.

One observation is that I had a fry Sword which grew up and sometime in the middle of growing it starting to get stunted and twisted looking like an "S". Almost to the point to consider putting her down due to having difficulty swimming.

I know that after the Angelfish weird whitish clear poop was observed and I fed the dewormer treatment, the little Sword started to straighten out and is long now, not twisted like an "S". The tummy area still looks a little hollow but it seems it is also heading toward a possible recovery, thicker body than last week!

Considering one more round of 3 feedings of dewormer just to be sure as possible.
Need to double check how often it could be fed with out making the fish sick. Maybe just wait til I get back. Could be the Sword will look normal by then.

It looks like a miraculous recovery, just from what it was to present time. I felt so bad for her.

The fish look good in that tank now.

Back
Top Bottom