Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #6261
Aquarium Advice Regular
Added a pregnant Molly or I think she is pregnant dont know

mollykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #6262
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Got the stand built finally!
That is a STRONG looking stand! Are you considering coating the base with weather sealer for decks? I was thinking, that stuff repels water and this stand would last for ever, if it got a couple coats of the stuff, the water would roll right off and it would likely never warp or anything. Not talking about how you finish the out sides, just the under sides. I did that on a couple bases I made for a shed and a BBQ. I have never made a tank stand, lol. Just wondering...since if there isn't any chance of it soaking up water, it seems that would be better.

I watched video of a guy make his own aquarium, not that I need any more of them, but I was thinking of making one, either a cylinder with a flat base (so far haven't found a large enough diameter, looking for 10-12"+ or maybe 18" long x 12" deep. Just kinda thinking out loud.

Anyway it seems like it would be a fun project for a smaller tank, I would be too afraid for anything big.

The Harlequin Rasboras were very happy to get out of QT and get to hang out with their new school.

The Ram/GBR went into hiding and blends well with the plants so it is hard to find him.

Also think I found out my gigantic Purple Spotted Gudgeon is a male. From what I understand, they are opposite of the norm, where the largest most rotund ones are the female. The male guards and cares for the babies too. That was interesting learning, they are from Australia and are endangered in the wild due to loss/change of habitat. Though are easily bred in the home aquarium. Some people catch and breed them their, raise the babies and release them all back when they reach about 3 cm. They also generally grow larger in captivity, than in the wild!

A person can learn so much from 2-4am!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #6263
Aquarium Advice Addict
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

That Stand looks a lot like the one for my 55 well done
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #6264
Aquarium Advice Addict
50% wc on the 20g Long fluffy is in while his 75g is stttiiiiilllllllll cycling. Man he poops alot
Fluffy's History!
jwh0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #6265
Aquarium Advice Addict
100% water change on the 10 gallon that is about to become a goldfish refuge until their permanent home is finished cycling.
enrgizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #6266
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Pwc on both tanks, plants had a nice haircut, removed some vallis from community tank and put it in tanganyikan tank.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Research, research, research.
fishyfriends3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #6267
Aquarium Advice Addict
Bought a bushy nose pleco and added some purigen to my tank!!! Anyone know when I will start seeing a difference
rockyofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #6268
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I put purigen in for the first time the other day and saw effects in a few hours. I have peat and drift wood so my water was a little yellow from the tannins and within 24hrs it was crystal clear. Great stuff highly recommend.
Aaron85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #6269
Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's 9:30 p.m now where I live. I put it in at around 4 pm. I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I'll see results
rockyofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #6270
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey autumns key I'm also going to the cas auction! I was at the fall one with my mom, sister, and my saltwater aquarium nerd neighbor! Are you one of the people who sets it up?

High-Tech 55 gallon-10 gallon reef
2015 AA Fantasy Football Champion
I've Got plants! Visit: www.lincolnsaquatics.com to see whats available!
Dallascowboys16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com