What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way too much...
d1jJu3I.jpg

ixfdnhe.jpg

hXWBi29.jpg

Still have some rearranging to do, but the hard part is done.

Mini terror there Nirbhao. Also have had incredible scary dreams about tanks :eek:

Glad you don't have any dead turtles chillin under the rocks - good to know ;)

Don't feed for say 3 days, then give a Hikari sinking food pellet, or similar, something with some meat in it. The shrimp will come out. Use 2 nets, scoop fast.

- Didn't get any time to do pwc the last couple days, maybe tonight. Did pick up a little bottle of Prime. Going to order a 2 liter tonight. I use too much perhaps, but change a LOT of water usually.
I had planned to fast the tank and then try the bait again, but then I learned that the fish would be arriving much sooner than anticipated.

Have you considered switching to Safe? We double dosed Prime with every water change because of the high levels of chloramine in our water. We eventually switched to Safe because it is so, so, so much less expensive. I think it's why I needed to add CupriSorb, but that's still a lot more cost effective than Prime.

OMG so many sleepless hours spent worrying about tanks. Blasphemed to God as to why did he ever feel the need to plague us with planaria.

So funny to hear you say (aka: read but hear them in my head) the words. Validation.

Nirbhao, I never got around to ordering the Prime, and I'm glad you mentioned the Safe. I will look at that more closely. I have had a different variety of the dry dechlorinator - just something I got box of misc. Fish stuff which came with a purchase.

Family stuff took priority over tank stuff again. Will try again tomorrow. Did email someone about a 45G for the SW.

So I decided to do a rescape on the 90gal. Not a major one, but just wanted to open the front area of the tank some. I have a piece of wood that all the moss is attached to. The moss is out of control. I removed a 2 litre juice jug full of it. I cut about 16” off the price of wood and reinstalled it into the tank. This opened the front up nicely. I have a before and after of the tank. Also ended up doing a 80% WC on the tank.

First picture is old setup

Second picture is new

Third picture is just a nicer shot of my new pleco

Yes the new scape looks great!

I cleaned and changed my filter pads. Changed a few rings. Should be good to go. Just gotta take out all the decorations and clean them up. Can't wait to plant it. So over plastic plants.

New Ram is a cutie KristaB!

Okay pics are taken and will follow.

SUPER Duper excited... bonanza of shrimplets. Saw maybe 18 in 3 sizes of little bitty shrimp, like a couple weeks old, a month old and now maybe 10 tiny newborn to day old babies!!! They were all over the tank, I just kept finding them and they were like little specks OMGGGGG. So very excited.

That was just looking in like 5 min when I grabbed the cell phone. Could be more?! Tank is like a jungle but I won't be messing around with it any time soon. New shrimp fry are the priority!

Hoping the Planaria don't get them. Will probably treat for that this next week wait for the tiny ones to get a little bit bigger - was too scared before. Didn't have any problem from treatment just want to be cautious!

Plus the little ones from the last baby shrimp cycle/batch of maybe 6 or 8 from a couple months ago.

There are still many berried females

I appreciate the kind words from everybody. I have some hardware I bought for the stand that I think will make it look a little nicer yet. As far as the tank goes, I have came to the conclusion that I'm not good at scaping, so making things more simple is better.... lol toss a nice big piece of driftwood, and let it's natural beauty do the work.

Small Fry
I think you have discovered the secret to being a good aquascaper. :(y)

Just ordered some liquid goat dewormer. If this video doesn’t give you the heebie jeebies I’ll be amazed.

Planaria
https://youtu.be/Da9kK1eCvkg

Oh GAWD - one second and that's all I need to watch!

Did PWC on the 2 SW nanos.

Got the 2 light bulbs full spectrum 38 PAR for SW from far, far away. Had bought a couple light holders only to realize my dea about how well it would work was NOT quite right. They are cool looking but wrong for the LED bulbs.

The LED bulbs come with the aluminum heat sink and need to cool, the light fixture has cover and not enough gap for heat to leave so would be cooking the bulbs.

Did pwc on PRL shrimp tank and the Turtle bowl and 5G Spec V. Removed lots of duckweed and need to do the 72G and the 29G

Was offered back my 16G bowfront from my friend - considering making it a temp SW.

Hoping to find the perfect previously used SW tank still. :lol:

Brought some recently purchased deceased fish in for store credit. Picked up some brine shrimp for the fish. Also got a 5g jug with RODI for top offs. Talked to random folks in the LFS about Planted tanks (I have no other outlet except for you guys).

Back
Top Bottom