Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #6321
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nothing with my tank, but Im getting help with diagnosing sickness and potential sickness from the nice people here at AA.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 03-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #6322
Aquarium Advice Freak

Finally figured out the difference between the real 'green terror' and the false green terror. The false green terror is the Rivalatus, and can see differnce in the colouration/markings between the two. On that basis, ive positvely identified mine as the Rivalatus, which is apparently far less agressive than the other one. Good news for when it grows!

Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #6323
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well last night as I was cleaning a tank and moving a fish, my Elephant Ear Betta was a dumbo and jumped out of the cup. It was a while between what I was doing and went over to get him and he wasn't in the cup. Now I normally put another cup on top or a net, but there was so much going on I spaced it, so two dumbos can make a catastrophe. Remember folks to put a cover over the fish, and still leave air for him to breathe.

I found him on a towel I had on the floor to mop up with. The towel sucked out his moisture and I was panicked because he was kinda stuck to the towel and didn't look like he was even breathing. Just a dried looking Betta pellet.

After getting him into the water and added some StressCoat, and a bubbler since he was laying flat on the bottom and his fins weren't moving, they were stiff, so I figured at least maybe could get air with his gills. Then finally the tiniest movement in his gills. I added more StressCoat and got a overflow plant bucket with plants in it all cleaned out with some nice comfy warm fresh clean water. More StressCoat in there too, and the air bubbler. I added a floating Betta log I got in a box of stuff from the auction also. He has lots of moss and plants to rest in and the water is only about 7" so he doesn't have to swim too far to get to the top for air.

This morning I am happy to report he is alive and looks re-hydrated and moves around/swims a little. It is hard to see how his skin looks because it is an opaque bucket so I can't see through the side. Hoping no lasting negative effects.

Did complete water change on my 2.5G for the small Betta to move over to. Have to take out one of my spare Whisper in tank filters for it because of the impeller being broken on the stock filter.

Saw some of the heaters I was previously looking at were on sale so probably going by to pick one of those up to have a spare.

Cleaned my prefilter sponge on the 37G and connected it back onto the intake tube. Doing pwc on 12G and 5G Chi and QT tank.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #6324
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

At the CAS auction I got a really cool piece of planted driftwood covered in several variations of anubias and java fern. Also got a super colorful pair of Gardineri Killifish. Also sold around 100$ worth of plants and old equipment.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #6325
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hooked up my lighting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395600864.341253.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	229710
Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #6326
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just went full maintainence mode on all 4 of my tanks!! So many buckets.. Brought a dead ac20 back to life.. One more small wc and I can relax.. Thank goodness for music and beer I don't know what I'd do.. Than again dancing around with a full 5 gal bucket.. Made it to the tank with 3 gal left! Yippie!! Mop up!! Aisle 7!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #6327
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I still have to vacuum my 10 gal
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #6328
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Well last night as I was cleaning a tank and moving a fish, my Elephant Ear Betta was a dumbo and jumped out of the cup. It was a while between what I was doing and went over to get him and he wasn't in the cup. Now I normally put another cup on top or a net, but there was so much going on I spaced it, so two dumbos can make a catastrophe. Remember folks to put a cover over the fish, and still leave air for him to breathe.

I found him on a towel I had on the floor to mop up with. The towel sucked out his moisture and I was panicked because he was kinda stuck to the towel and didn't look like he was even breathing. Just a dried looking Betta pellet.

After getting him into the water and added some StressCoat, and a bubbler since he was laying flat on the bottom and his fins weren't moving, they were stiff, so I figured at least maybe could get air with his gills. Then finally the tiniest movement in his gills. I added more StressCoat and got a overflow plant bucket with plants in it all cleaned out with some nice comfy warm fresh clean water. More StressCoat in there too, and the air bubbler. I added a floating Betta log I got in a box of stuff from the auction also. He has lots of moss and plants to rest in and the water is only about 7" so he doesn't have to swim too far to get to the top for air.

This morning I am happy to report he is alive and looks re-hydrated and moves around/swims a little. It is hard to see how his skin looks because it is an opaque bucket so I can't see through the side. Hoping no lasting negative effects.

Did complete water change on my 2.5G for the small Betta to move over to. Have to take out one of my spare Whisper in tank filters for it because of the impeller being broken on the stock filter.

Saw some of the heaters I was previously looking at were on sale so probably going by to pick one of those up to have a spare.

Cleaned my prefilter sponge on the 37G and connected it back onto the intake tube. Doing pwc on 12G and 5G Chi and QT tank.
Hope your Betta recovers!

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #6329
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Me too!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #6330
Aquarium Advice Freak

I hope he's ok Autumnsky!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com