Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #6331
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

update

The Betta seems alive and has moved locations today a couple times. Thank you all for the good wishes for him. He is so pretty and has a friendly disposition so I would miss him. I added a little more StressCoat since it helps his slime coat.

Finished the pwc and also did a quick vac on the 72G and the new White Crayfish was running around exploring and I took a pic, then took a pic of the new Rainbow, Melanotaenia parkinsoni, too.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #6332
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks great Autumnsky! I hope the betta's ok!

Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #6333
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
The Betta seems alive and has moved locations today a couple times. Thank you all for the good wishes for him. He is so pretty and has a friendly disposition so I would miss him. I added a little more StressCoat since it helps his slime coat.

Finished the pwc and also did a quick vac on the 72G and the new White Crayfish was running around exploring and I took a pic, then took a pic of the new Rainbow, Melanotaenia parkinsoni, too.

Love the Cray fish! When did you get that? I really want one of those glad your betta is doing ok i miss my dumbo such beautiful fish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #6334
Aquarium Advice Activist

Did a 75 % water change dosed with prime cleaned all the glass including the hood and fed my friends trying to get crystal clear water again. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395614158.146241.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	229762
Old 03-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #6335
Aquarium Advice Activist

Added my sand substrate and filled it with water.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #6336
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cleaned my gravel scrubbed the side and did a 30 percent warpter change in my 10 gal
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #6337
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did my weekly water changes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #6338
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Finally got around to measure the amount of water in the water change pail. It's an old Reef Crystal container. It's 5 gallons. I thought it was more (7.5-10 gallons). So I've been reporting a higher water change percentage than it actually is. IMO knowing what the nitrate level is and how much of a water change brings it back to the target range is more important than an arbitrary percentage. If I did 50% WCs that would be great but 25-35% seems to work in this tank (probably 50% stocked, med-heavily planted).
Come to think of it, the water change pail I've been using strongly resembles the 5 gallon pails they sell at hardware stores.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:48 AM   #6339
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's safe to say that Kuhli Loach are my favorite fish at the moment and now that i have 14 in a tank together they are becoming a lot more fun to watch. The 6 i had in my community tank were very shy and always hidden. I started a Kuhli only tank (with RCS cleaning crew) and placed 8 in there which come out to swim laps when the filter goes off. The older stock i had were rarely seen in their community tank. The good news is that since adding the original 6 to the 8 recent purchases they're all having a massive Kuhli party together now. It took me about 2.5 months to get to see the first batch of them i bought playing in the open but they seem very happy to be out and about today. A couple of them that i thought had died even stopped to human watch at the front of the tank. They are FAT though. I guess 2.5 months in Al's kitchen will put some weight on you. I would say the new stock are 1/4 as thick around the middle as the original group that i have had a chance to fatten up. I thought my big pleco in the community tank was eating most of the food, but my Kuhli were evidently getting plenty too.

Must go and do more Kuhli watching.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #6340
Elephant nose Finatic!

60 % clean on my elephant nose tank, new shrimp arriving tomorrow still not sure which tank too put them
My colombian snail has ate my plants in my shrimp tank so looks like i need to buy more!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com