Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #6371
Aquarium Advice Freak

WC on 35g feeding and top up on all tanks. Measured, marked, cut, drilled and sanded the wood for the stand i'm making for my new 35g. I need to make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow for some bits i still need (flat board for the tank to rest on and facing to enclose the stand) then i'll screw it all together and add some undercoat. Hopefully i can scape and fill before the weekend and get my sump filter cycling.

I have been wondering if my Kuhli lloach were eating all the baby Cherry shrimp in my tank as i have tried for days to spot one. I'm glad to say i saw two today of varying sizes. Hopefully i have another thirty or forty hiding out within the tank. It would be nice to know i can breed both Ramshorn Snails and Cherry Shrimp (such an accomplishment :p ). I wish i had trouble breeding the snails.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #6372
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan79 View Post
I have been wondering if my Kuhli lloach were eating all the baby Cherry shrimp in my tank as i have tried for days to spot one. I'm glad to say i saw two today of varying sizes. Hopefully i have another thirty or forty hiding out within the tank. It would be nice to know i can breed both Ramshorn Snails and Cherry Shrimp (such an accomplishment :p ). I wish i had trouble breeding the snails.
I have to say that when I got some baby Kuhlis, they were too small to go into my bigger tank because they could have been eaten so I instead put them into my 16G Mixed color Cherry Shrimp tank. At first there was no issues I could see but as they reached teenager size, boy was I short on baby Cherry Shrimp. The little buggers (Kuhlis) were getting fat and growing big off the crop of shrimp.

The Bristelnose Pleco babies like to suck up baby shrimp too judging from my numbers of babies being so low now in my Fire Red tank. I have tried many different tankmates for the shrimp and it has proved to be a negative for the shrimp, with the exception of Chilis aka Boraras Brigittae.

Others that ate the babies were newborn CPO orange crayfish, Green Neons and Sundanio Axlerodi Blue Neon. So far the Chilis are the only fish that have not caused a decline in baby numbers. I did also have White Cloud Mountain Minnows and they would for sure eat anything that was crawling around the top of the tank, but the ones in the middle and bottom were fine because the WCMM didn't go down into that area much. Even will all very densely planted and floating plants and floating stems.

Ok, well my sick Angel fish is still hanging in there. I am very surprised. Doing a new bucket of clean water and same kind but new dose of meds.

My Orange Laser Cories all ended up dead, and the remaining 3 little tiny Cardinals also seemed to have disappeared from the QT. The Diamond Tetras are all alive and seem to be well, though if anything would have survived, I wish it would have been the very expensive Cories, not the $1. per fish Diamonds.

Yesterday I cleaned the prefilter on my 6.6G Edge because the flow was lower than it should have been, and added some Cuttlebone scrapings into the tank. There already is a big piece in the tank, but wanted to get a little more into the water since I saw a Shrimp laying sideways, looking like it was getting ready to molt and didn't want to see any molting problems start.

Haven't had time to put the female Betta back into the male's tank because of working so much and other things which need attention keeping me busy. Probably try for Thurs and Friday.

Will be doing fill for evaporation and a little pwc on the 12G Edge Blue Velvet shrimp tank. I have been trying to do more, frequent smaller pwc since the shrimp were seeming to be berried well and I didn't want to change the tank too much water wise as this time of year our city water parameters seem to change dramatically week to week.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #6373
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pulled some plants I sold, did a PWC on a few of them and made a few notes on my huge plant growth in my endler tank.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:04 PM   #6374
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did the big tank shuffle today!
The 2 betta girl and the molly from the 10 gal went into the 29 gal community tank.
The 10 gallon was retrofitted into a new luxury suite for Mr.Blue fish, the Betta, who was removed from the 5.5 gallon. The 5.5 was (finally!) made into a crab-itat for my DH's fiddler crab (whom I didn't want - we made a very awkward social situation for the walmart guy as we filled the air with tension and pent up anger as we argued about getting him.) Found a berried RCS in the shrimp-o 20 gallon long (yahooo!) and learned that my excitement about getting two berried ghost shrimp will probably be for naught. My RCS are finally coming out and running around the tank which is lots of fun Wish I had better lights for the 20, gonna hit up the yard-sales and hope I get lucky.
venymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #6375
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cleaned my 10g,moved fry into my 5gClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396498723.341301.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	231542 and ordered this cool decor, now to just pick what tank out of the three of them gets it,, decisions decisions! 😜
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #6376
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my shrimp tank and algae scrub.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #6377
Aquarium Advice Activist

Dirtied it Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396548711.592884.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	231575
& After Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396548781.300515.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	231576
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #6378
Aquarium Advice Regular

I cleaned my turtle tank,changed the filters out & washed off the rocks/plants
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #6379
Aquarium Advice Regular

Added a crayfish
Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 AM   #6380
Aquarium Advice Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396586027.051439.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	231660
55g turtle tank
Soft shell Florida
Mississippi
Yellow belly

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com