Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #6381
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub, rinsed the filters. Re arranged the tank again seems to have more room now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #6382
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Went to the London aquarium today..... Amazing

Supergummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #6383
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award
A day of firsts:
I setup my first pressurized CO2 system: AquaTek Premium + Valken 24 oz Paintball tank.

Going to my first fish auction: Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS)
I took everything out of the aquarium cabinet and put it into laundry basket; time to clean out the cabinet and reorganize the supplies and rework the wires, power strips, and timers.
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #6384
Aquarium Advice Freak
Took delivery of two fish tanks i'm fish sitting for a week. 4 fantails in one and a Siamese fighter in the other. Fed the fighter his first frozen bloodworm ever and the fantails and fighter got peas for the first time as well.

My tanks- 25% water change on 2 x 20g, 50% on 35g.
Kuhli and shrimp tank- Fed frozen bloodworm and NLS sinking pellets.
Community 20g- Frozen bloodworms, freeze dried Australian blackworms, and a pleco algae wafer (now the home to about 50 juvenile ramshorn snails) and a couple of peas.
Comets- Vegetables only today, they're looking bloated. Some fresh picked lettuce in the morning and a big feed of frozen pea at night.

Big trim and replant on my community 20g, dosed ferts and checked the DIY CO2. I removed the Cabomba which was struggling and extended the groves of Ludwigia, Pennywort and Sunset Hygro to fill the space the Cabomba was in. My Ludwigia actually went from brown at the tips to red which is exciting for me. Potassium is now included in my dosing which might have been what tipped it from brown to red under my low light.

I seeded a bubble filter i'm going to use in a shrimp tank i'm setting up.I want to see loads of young shrimp and i don't think that will happen with Kuhli tank mates.
20g rescape.
35g journal. Abandoned due to Comet gardeners
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #6385
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Did substrate clean and complete filter clean on 16G and 37G.

Angel still not better, not dead but not really any better, I can't see it recovering at this point so probably going to put it down. Might be able to talk to another fish keeper nearby and see if he has any possible hope once seen in person.

Soaking some little driftwood which are on 6" tiles and see what to do with them. They are dry as dust and wanted to float so I had to put rocks on the thin slate tiles to keep them down. Moving my Diamond tetras out of QT and into the 72G.

Waiting to see some Millenium Red Rainbows offered nearby. They are really pretty. Been trying to plan on my maybe upcoming simple shoestring budget build for SW, probably going to be the 37G tank but still thinking it over so maybe the 16G.

It has been a restless week in fish land for me, really feeling I need a change in the tanks, design and stocking. Lots of contemplation. Lots of trying to learn about SW.

Selling my 5G Marineland to a friends friend for $20. what I paid for it, so a free rental, probably...this week. Making connections can be tricky with difficult work schedules.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #6386
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award
Drained the tank down to 2" of water and slid it to the right a couple of inches to make room for the new regulator and tank. Big water change. Watching the plants pearl.
Added 1/4 tsp of calcium montmorillonite clay to the shrimp tank and ~3/4 tsp to the planted tank. Hoping the calcium will help the decayed tips of the MTS shells and boost Ca+ for the plants. The stuff was cloudy at first but after a few hours the water became very clear.
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:22 PM   #6387
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Skype™ to sjonesej0
Today I purchased two shrimpClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396916531.182715.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	232237
sjonesej0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #6388
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Watched my pants pearl, dosed dry ferts. Cleaned the powerhead of some algae and admired the tank. Rescaped yesterday w/75% water change and really like it. Looks clean. Also planted some postegemon helferi I got from petsmart yesterday and I've already seen some new side shoots so everything's good right now.
High-Tech 55 gallon-10 gallon reef
2015 AA Fantasy Football Champion
Dallascowboys16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #6389
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
Today I replaced my mag 12 running my refugium and skimmer and my mag 18 for the DT. with a SpeedWave 2640. Replaced my 3/4" SCWD with a 1" SCWD and split both outputs. Before I was pulling 260 watts now 55 watts! With a lot more water moving. Looking to save some on the power bill. Next I have 2 solar panels, 2 battery's and a inverter I plan to run my LEDs on.
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
ezy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #6390
Aquarium Advice Activist
Out with fluorescent, in with my new LED.

Current Satellite Freshwater LED+

My fish seemed to appreciate the softer 'cloud cover' setting and it was fun to watch the 'lightning storm' effect.

All the fish were looking up toward the light. Lol. Pretty fun! Gotta love new toys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396973611848.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	232317  

VioletGoby is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com