What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moving to Larger Tanks

My hubby let me have my bday present early (2 weeks early) a brand new 29 gallon tank! I moved everyone over, and I sat down. So, I upgraded the 10 gallon Occupants to a 20 high, the 20 high occupants to the 29. I moved everything and didn't make alot of mess:whistle:. my hubby then tells me the sand of 20 looks better in the 29 and vice versa. Guess what I'll be doing next weekend. :ermm:

Hello Ocean...

Good for you. Larger tanks are much easier to maintain. The more water you have, the more "wiggle" room for accidents in tank management, which happen to even the best water keeper.

I went to 55 G tanks and they're so easy to keep. I just change half the water in them weekly. Now, I don't have to test the water or have a larger than normal filter or filters. By flushing a lot of pure, treated tap water through the tank, you guarantee stable water conditions for the fish and plants.

B

Using Land and Aquatic Plants in my Tank

AA...

Emersed several "Nephthytis" plants into my 55 G tanks, along with the Aglaonema, Pothos and "Queen Marble" Philodendron. With the roots under the tank water and the leaves above to pick up the "ambient" light and CO2, the tank is balanced between fish and plants. The "Ag" plants have multiple white blossoms, many more than I've seen on potted plants. The nitrogens produced by the fish are the best natural ferts I've ever used. The Flora Pride liquid from Tetra is very good too as a supplement.

The plants continue to purify the water and take in the wastes faster than the bacteria in the back up filtration. So, the nitrates are low. I guess it's not surprising the plants do a more thorough job of cleaning the water than I did when I was doing the large, weekly water changes. They've been on the job much longer.

B

I just acquired a 46 gallon bow front with stand for $50!! Where in the world am I gonna put it? lol

pcdebb said:
I just acquired a 46 gallon bow front with stand for $50!! Where in the world am I gonna put it? lol

SCORE! That's the same deal I got but mine come with filter and a few other things too. Couldn't pass on the deal huh?

aaronjohn20 said:
SCORE! That's the same deal I got but mine come with filter and a few other things too. Couldn't pass on the deal huh?

I was passing by and since i am currently on the clock....I made a quick U-turn, paid for it and will have it picked up later. Doesn't have a lid but its still an incredible deal. This obsession is crazy lol

pcdebb said:
I was passing by and since i am currently on the clock....I made a quick U-turn, paid for it and will have it picked up later. Doesn't have a lid but its still an incredible deal. This obsession is crazy lol

Versa tops has a nice all glass lid for them if I am not miistaken. That's what's on mine. Did you get the oak trim or black trim?

I painted my 55g background blue, finished making last 2 caves for my 40b, did a complete water change on 40b, 60% partial water change on 55g due to high nitrites (still cycling), and stirred up 40b and 55g sand subtrate so it appears hilly instead of smooth and flat......

In the mail to me? lol

Hub has already "named" my collection of tanks "The Northfork Aquatic Center" ... I tell him it's nothing compared to you guys' collections :whistle:

Got plants yesterday from hcourts, and are now planted in 150 FW. Moved around some rocks.

Did routine PWC Sunday.

Fed the fish their various foods.

Not my tank but......... my mom called me today sounding upset. She lost a silver dollar and a clown loach today due to a heater malfunction. Water got too hot, heater never kicked off. Its a tetra heater that they sell at walmart that are preset at 78. Man, I thought them things were cheap till I started looking around online for heaters. Well I guess they are cheap, cheap made. Makes me feel bad because its the heater that I had bought for my tank 1 yr ago and give it to her cause I was no longer using it. DON'T SKIMP ON PRODUCTS YOUR FISH DEPEND ON! DON'T DO IT, ITS NOT WORTH IT. Sorry lol, I guess after learning your lesson, you can't stress this enough!

aaronjohn20 said:
Versa tops has a nice all glass lid for them if I am not miistaken. That's what's on mine. Did you get the oak trim or black trim?

Yea I got two LFS that may have what I'm looking for. I need to clean out my garage to make room for these tanks lol

added some more shrooms and a flame angel

img_2135728_0_df779181f0d25a9cb2fedbb9c61a90c5.jpg

need to wait till shrooms open to get picts

Today (Friday) I am still waiting for my tank to finish its fishless cycle. Getting bored watching it all day hoping something's gonna magically happen

Cleaned up my new 55gal. And filter box tubes and everything. Added a black background (used car tint). Will start cycling in a few days.

I did a pwc n my 10g , added some more plants, threw some black glofish gravel n bc its alil bigger n smoother then regular gravel.. bought a new penguin 200 for my 55g to go along w/ the hob top fin 60 and bought a stand..gonna put it together tomorrow..

StarterFisherman said:
Today (Friday) I am still waiting for my tank to finish its fishless cycle. Getting bored watching it all day hoping something's gonna magically happen

Can u get any used filter material from your lfs

Just did a 50% on my 75g African Cichlid tank. I'm shot so the BC29 will have to wait until tomorrow. Water is here and the heater and power head are working as we speak so it will be ready to go tomorrow when I'm ready lol

Went to my parents again today to check their aquarium out since they lost 2 fish yesterday due to a malfuctioning heater. 2 more fish had died today also. I think they were hatchetfish but not real sure.

Back
Top Bottom