Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2019, 02:13 AM   #13141
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yeah!

I snapped a few pics and after a long time of getting them to load, (connectivity issues) here they are.

A huge departure from my usual colors. Yes the tank and stand do not match because they don't go together, but they are together atm.

Love all the warmness with the plants, I literally placed these plants and rocks and dumped in the water and never got back yet to fixing anything but actually like how it fell in. Still needing to pull up more of the little beach pebbles they got covered up in sand!

I have been considering buying this tank in white and I like it with this stand so am considering it. This is one of my favorite tanks I have had over the years. It is hard to find, and more expensive than it used to be.

So...

The scrutiny of how many tanks I have (or want) is crushing lol! Very hard to say I just need to upgrade..... or change something.....

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 AM   #13142
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thumbs up CAS meeting night and far away lfs fun

Squeezed out a smidgen of time to swing by 2 lfs I do not get to very often.

Will not mention names.

One is a good shop with a decent turnover and I know the owner (not personally, just from dealings at the store for umpteen years) passionate about the fish.

Lots of things everyone buys, but a nice amount of little things you do not always see.

Got 6 Kuhli Loaches for $15.

Owner said he would do a buy 10 get 2 free for the future as they were out of Neon Green Kubotai won't have room (to house in the tanks as they are already planned orders until January. Then suggested he could get them a bit sooner. So far just 50 cents cheaper than the other lowest price place around that would order them for me. 3.49.

They had some pretty Endlers and they were $2 each. Got 6 males.

Then the other shop the "kid" doing something in the tanks told me that I do not really need to QT the fish as they are pretty healthy and if they see any issues they mark the tanks for observation...

Same place 3 fish killed off a near entire tank of fish.... (like 5 years ago).

Got 2 pair of really pretty Guppies. AND they definitely went to QT!!!

CAS meeting I picked up 6 Endlers, I think they are mixed.

And a large but not tip top shape Amazon Sword over 18" tall for $8.

Big bag of Hornwort, the stuff I can not really grow / dies off on me almost every time. $4 maybe

Big bag of average looking Italian Val, leaves a bit messy looking but nice roots and runners. I think was $5.

A 16oz deli container of great looking "moss with shrimp". Unknown type shrimp but Neos, and were super small, couldn't actually even see any shrimp till I got them home and put them into the bigger container.

And then I saw what were the same kind as my first ever Cherry shrimp. Talk about taking a walk down memory lane.

Shrimps, some clearish, some pinkish and red, and some grey and blue grey. Basically cross bred Neo multicolor mutt shrimp. <3 I love the (dusty grey) blue ones!!!

These are super tiny though right now, one was literally a moving spec. Only about 10 tiny shrimp. One Rili color was dead. Big moss gob though and for $4.00 totally worth the walk down memory lane.

I think these guys are going to get a little planted jar to live in. Have been thinking of doing some maintenance on my 3G planted bowl which is a massive jar completely filled with moss and dhg. And a tiny pest bladderwort so I can't use anything from there anywhere else than the planted jar as to not get any cross contamination.

It is a little cute, but it's a pest plant... And a (micro organism) carnivorous plant family member.

The plant I really am excited to use is a tissue culture of Hydrocoytle Japan (dwarf Pennywort) I will be placing a little start of it in several places, before and after I get it gets acclimated to water. And also in an above water use or 2.

Not positive how many starts are in there hopefully at least about 10. Paid $10.00.

I love this plant and have had varying success in the attempts to grow it. But it does not grow like a weed for me unfortunately. (2 members at club mentioned to me, it is like a weed - nope).

Got to see a show and tell slide show for 6 CAS members' tanks / fish rooms at CAS meeting.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 11-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #13143
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Been cleaning the lids, tops, glass and sides and edges of the fish tanks.

Added some Epsom salts to the QT tank as the Guppies are panting/breathing fast and one fish is looking sad. I plan to remove the heater and keep tabs on the temp.

Added some Hornwort to the tank for cover and hopes of comfort to the fish.

Added ES to the 3 other tanks of fish.

Replanted some plants in the Imported Thai Betta cube. The old light was replaced and the light needy plant was now on the wrong side of the tank from the light.

Ordering some substrate ferts, emailed my previous source, 2nd time in a year, and no response.

Also ordering some calcium and to boost the pH in the 72G. It is appx 6.4 and a little low for some of the fish.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 11-03-2019, 01:13 AM   #13144
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Little tissue culture cup upgrade.

Just moved

About 6 hours later starting to stretch out of its previous shape whilst in the little cup which is sitting on the top...

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 11-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #13145
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yesterday checked chems... Nitrates were a tad high... Performed 50% pwc. Removed and cleaned the ornaments, gotta keep those colors bright. Trimmed some the taller plants and replanted them in the substrate.

Also, tooked all but one of two month old Mollies to the lfs. Those little guys and gals are quick and full of energy. So in addition to the one remaining, I have 14 other Molly fries.

Adjusted the heaters about 3 degrees lower to 77įF.

Today one of the Glofish Tetras passed beyond the great barrier reef. No visible signs of cause. Looks like it simply died in its sleep.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #13146
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Pwc day.

Also maybe have fixed my wi/fi issues - back in the game!

Been fighting low pH in a 3 tanks which make some fish stressed. I have one Odessa Barb trying to heal a wound - saw a tiny bit of improvement after adding Espom salts for healing and help with stabilizing the water / pH and some calcium.

Right now the tap water is coming out about 7.5 which is higher than usual, but basically 0 KH and 25-33 TDS, we need minerals!

It has been stressing the Guppies way out too.

The Guppies and Endlers picked up last week seemed to be iffy on survival are looking better, (and Kuhlis).

Never saw any dead Kuhli bodies yet but they hide under the leaf litter and rocks and plants. Will be looking when doing the water change.

I have a request in with the super strong helper to come over for lifting up the 80G tank - fingers still crossed for today.

My light remote is not working for the Current USA tank light so it is stuck on full spectrum bright and I have to unplug and plug in for off and on. No adjusting it to blue light or low light. So will need to decide about replacing that too in the near future.

The ~45+ group of Guppy Fry are still growing and only saw one which looked a bit off shape body so far.

If I can get the big fish moved over to the 80G I will have plenty of room for the babies in the 72G tank. They will be okay for another week or 2 but they will need more room for grow out.

Also thinking of doing a deworming. Haven't been doing them on the new fish the last 6 months as the flakes long expired.

Going to check the lfs for sales tomorrow, still looking for Pygmy Cories and Neon Green Rasboras aka Green Kubotai and Green Neon Tetras, and Chili Rasboras to boost the numbers in the groups.

Community Rules

FW & SW

Tags
aquarium, aquascape, aquascaping, fish, friends, invertebrate, invertebrates, maintenance, plants, shrimp, snail, snails, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com