Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #6581
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow. That's a LOT of cryptocoryne!

Old 05-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #6582
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Wow. That's a LOT of cryptocoryne!

I am somewhat pleased. Might bunch it all together and get more plants/wood

Old 05-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #6583
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't use the whole bunch, I gave half to my bf.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #6584
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good idea. That seemed like too much.

Today I fed the fish, paid attention to them, that's just about it.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #6585
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Had my water tested today, my nitrites and nitrates are climbing but ammonia is at zero. My pH is also too high for them. Tonight, Rose died. The guy at the store said to NOT do water changes but to add bioboost and a heater to quote "get them out of a funk". Sir, they have nitrate poisoning. They are sitting at the bottom, not eating at all, and stay in the same spots all day long. That water needs changed or else they will ALL die. You have to get those levels down and that is how you do it. I am not going two weeks without changing water. It just isn't healthy. And their temperature is fine, it stays stable on its own from the light and my room temp. It isn't heat and "in a funk". Smarty pants.
So I changed one of my two filter pads because even when I rinse it, the water overflows in the filter. I will do a water change as soon as I can in the morning when water warms up.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #6586
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlove777 View Post
Had my water tested today, my nitrites and nitrates are climbing but ammonia is at zero. My pH is also too high for them. Tonight, Rose died. The guy at the store said to NOT do water changes but to add bioboost and a heater to quote "get them out of a funk". Sir, they have nitrate poisoning. They are sitting at the bottom, not eating at all, and stay in the same spots all day long. That water needs changed or else they will ALL die. You have to get those levels down and that is how you do it. I am not going two weeks without changing water. It just isn't healthy. And their temperature is fine, it stays stable on its own from the light and my room temp. It isn't heat and "in a funk". Smarty pants.
So I changed one of my two filter pads because even when I rinse it, the water overflows in the filter. I will do a water change as soon as I can in the morning when water warms up.

It sucks when people assume that the problem you have can be solved by buying chemicals and more equiptment. I agree with you, Do the water change I like to keep my nitrates <20ppm. Max. But most of my tanks are planted and I havent had any problems. I am sorry for your loss): I hope the rest of your fish pull through!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #6587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
It sucks when people assume that the problem you have can be solved by buying chemicals and more equiptment. I agree with you, Do the water change I like to keep my nitrates <20ppm. Max. But most of my tanks are planted and I havent had any problems. I am sorry for your loss): I hope the rest of your fish pull through!
I knew something was really wrong when they all started staying at the bottom all day and won't eat. So I checked my ammonia and it was 0. I do not have the nitrite and nitrate tester yet, so I took it in. Surely enough my suspicions of nitrate poisoning was correct. I just needed to know the level. I don't think he knew what he was talking about.
Thank you. I hope I don't wake up or come home to my other couple fish dead, tomorrow. I will probably chew that guy out even though he seemed to not be having a good mental health day. I have been there, but if you can't perform, call off. Took him 30 mins to check my water and tell me all this. The other guy, I would have been in and out of the store with a water check, bioboost bacteria, and all info in 5 mins. I was like my fish are gonna keel over by the time you are finished.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #6588

Quote:
I knew something was really wrong when they all started staying at the bottom all day and won't eat. So I checked my ammonia and it was 0. I do not have the nitrite and nitrate tester yet, so I took it in. Surely enough my suspicions of nitrate poisoning was correct. I just needed to know the level. The paper they check off even says 50% WC. I don't think he knew what he was talking about.
Thank you. I hope I don't wake up or come home to my other couple fish dead, tomorrow. I will probably chew that guy out even though he seemed to not be having a good mental health day. I have been there, but if you can't perform, call off. Took him 30 mins to check my water and tell me all this. The other guy, I would have been in and out of the store with a water check, bioboost bacteria, and all info in 5 mins. I was like my fish are gonna keel over by the time you are finished.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #6589
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

You're nitrRITEs are probably too high. But you needn't worry, because you know the solution and you'll be cycled soon enough. The nitrite spike is the last phase before you're done!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #6590

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny View Post
You're nitrRITEs are probably too high. But you needn't worry, because you know the solution and you'll be cycled soon enough. The nitrite spike is the last phase before you're done!

Had to go to work first thing and water was still cold. Yay almost done! I did get bioboost though for bacterial maintenance.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com