Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #6641
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
trustemedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 382
Sad reading about the fish deaths. It's here, too. I lost both my knight gobies. Once the male went, the female went. He was swimming tail heavy. Don't know. Everyone else is fine, so far. I did have an aru II acting up in a tank, but he seems fine now. I did water changes today. Been watching tanks a lot lately. Planted some dwarf sag and one crypt I had floating around.
__________________

__________________
trustemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #6642
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustemedia View Post
Sad reading about the fish deaths. It's here, too. I lost both my knight gobies. Once the male went, the female went. He was swimming tail heavy. Don't know. Everyone else is fine, so far. I did have an aru II acting up in a tank, but he seems fine now. I did water changes today. Been watching tanks a lot lately. Planted some dwarf sag and one crypt I had floating around.
Sorry to hear about your losses

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #6643
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Kittykat364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 443
On a happier note, I set up my walstad vase on Friday and got 3 RCS today along with some algae wafers. They're gonna love their new tank It has a bunch of old overgrowth clippings of Java moss, water wisteria, and Java fern, along with some bamboo (with its leaves outside of the tank, of course ) Got 2 females and a male, hopefully they overstock me enough to make a profit!
__________________
Kittykat364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #6644
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Kittykat364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 443
One of my shrimp was found deceased in the vase yesterday, but the other two are doing fine. I'm pretty sure that I have a male and a female, if someone could confirm that it would be great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401375821.293764.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	238752

The male is right in the front and the female is the red spot in the back.
__________________
Kittykat364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #6645
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
50 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank and rinsed the filters.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #6646
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
One of my shrimp was found deceased in the vase yesterday, but the other two are doing fine. I'm pretty sure that I have a male and a female, if someone could confirm that it would be great.

Attachment 238752

The male is right in the front and the female is the red spot in the back.
Need a close up of the tail of the "female". Front looks like a male.
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #6647
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Kittykat364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Need a close up of the tail of the "female". Front looks like a male.

Ok she just went towards the front so I'll get a better pic for you right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401395860.755365.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	238778

I think she might have eggs too
__________________
Kittykat364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:51 AM   #6648
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Ok she just went towards the front so I'll get a better pic for you right now.

Attachment 238778

I think she might have eggs too
Yes that looks like she is berried!!!

Got a new goose neck desk lamp second hand, made in the USA ($3.) for the 50/50 light for my little SW tank. I will be getting a second bulb so I can have 20W for the 4 corals I will be picking up/ already picked out and bought, at the end of next week providing all the parameters are good! There is a 15% off sale so I will wait a few more days and get the discount since I don't need the light yet who knows, maybe it will even go on sale by then, haha).

Can't seem to get the pH to come up in my 72G. It is still yellow, and that is the lowest color at 6.0 on the scale color chart. (so is it really 6, or lower???)

My other tanks are about 7.2/7.3 pH. I have added some pH riser about 4 doses, no change, yesterday added some epsom salts/magnesium, and 2/3rds of a large cuttlebone in grated powder, and added 2 additional buckets of regular water and ...nothing. Tomorrow I will do a kh and gh test and see where we are at and then ask for more help in the other section. I was told to let it all stabilize for a little while and make the adjustments, upping the pH gradually as to avoid shock, but I can't get any movement. Previously, I just added cuttlebone powder and it stabilized and went back to normal.
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #6649
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Kittykat364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 443
What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Yes that looks like she is berried!!!



Got a new goose neck desk lamp second hand, made in the USA ($3.) for the 50/50 light for my little SW tank. I will be getting a second bulb so I can have 20W for the 4 corals I will be picking up/ already picked out and bought, at the end of next week providing all the parameters are good! There is a 15% off sale so I will wait a few more days and get the discount since I don't need the light yet who knows, maybe it will even go on sale by then, haha).



Can't seem to get the pH to come up in my 72G. It is still yellow, and that is the lowest color at 6.0 on the scale color chart. (so is it really 6, or lower???)



My other tanks are about 7.2/7.3 pH. I have added some pH riser about 4 doses, no change, yesterday added some epsom salts/magnesium, and 2/3rds of a large cuttlebone in grated powder, and added 2 additional buckets of regular water and ...nothing. Tomorrow I will do a kh and gh test and see where we are at and then ask for more help in the other section. I was told to let it all stabilize for a little while and make the adjustments, upping the pH gradually as to avoid shock, but I can't get any movement. Previously, I just added cuttlebone powder and it stabilized and went back to normal.

Great, thank you Autumnsky! I'm a newbie with shrimp so I appreciate the help.

If there is driftwood in the tank, could the tannins be lowering the pH? If there is you might want to do a large PWC then add the cuttlebone and see if that helps. Not sure if you tried that already though.

Good luck with your saltwater tank!! I can't help you at all there. All I know is that they are beautiful, but a little difficult to maintain.
__________________
Kittykat364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #6650
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Kittykat364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 443
I just found my female dead. I'm so sad...
__________________

__________________
Kittykat364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.