Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2014, 04:03 AM   #6681
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sorry, a bit of the last several days update...

Got a 15G column tank as a transfer of the 5G SW over as an upgrade in size. Added a large (4.5 lb) Live rock to the other live rocks and the new 20 lb live sand. It is cloudy and clearing as I type

SW - Found my Fire Shrimp alive and well (he hides ALOT) as was my Blue leg Hermit Crabs and my Peppermint shrimp I got last night made it also was fine, got all my "million" snails moved, found one dead Nerita probably one which was out of the water too long before I found it and tossed it back in.

Got a Orange Ricordea to go into the tank.

Was tempted with an amazing SW light fixture for 1/3rd off. But even with 1/3rd off it is too much for me at 239.00!

FW
Just finished heat treatment for the Ich in the 72G, tomorrow I will attempt to transition the fish from the low 6 pH crashed tank to a normal 7.2 pH tank. I am worried about them with all they have been through lately!

Moved my 3 female Bettas into the community tank which is presently only holding plants but will have a bunch of other fish during the 72G clean out tomorrow. Will split up the fish into the 16G and 35G.

Getting rid of a little 2.5G bowfront tank, as I upgraded and will be using the 5G chi as a Betta tank again.

Moving some fish around and going to eventually be done with 3 of the tanks and moving the 72G tank from the corner to the center of the wall.

Going to make some changes to get the fish tanks looking more decorative in the rooms and less like a mad scientists experiment. Moving the extra plant bucket outside for the summer.

Going to replant some of the plants in the 72G tomorrow and retie some moss on the DW.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #6682
Aquarium Advice Addict

Didn't take long for an upgrade autumn

Old 06-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #6683
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow autumn, you are so busy!

Right now, I'm just going steady. Not changing anything, just the necessities of feeding and stuff. My little fry is getting so big he is starting to have a Mickey Mouse on his tail! He used to run away when I walked up to the tank but now he doesn't. He still hides when other people come around, nature over nurture still.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #6684
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lost two Zebra Danios today after doing about an 85% water change.

The rest of the gang is doing well though!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #6685
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Laid my Blue Mystery Snail, Moonbeam, to rest today. I only had her 7 months, but I don't know how old she really was. She was nearly golf ball size and had added 3/4 inch to her shell in my care. She had stopped moving the past few days and confirmed dead today.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #6686
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Rip Moonbeam

Water change today. Released a golden tetra that has been residing in a floating breeder tank for a few weeks into the open tank. Was weak and emaciated and it's eyes had clouded over. Fattened it up a bit and the eyes got clearer.
Was supposed to remove a few crypt wendtii red from the back of my tank to make room for a new center piece plant (TBD). Was content just watching the plants pearl bubbles.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #6687
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
Laid my Blue Mystery Snail, Moonbeam, to rest today. I only had her 7 months, but I don't know how old she really was. She was nearly golf ball size and had added 3/4 inch to her shell in my care. She had stopped moving the past few days and confirmed dead today.
Sorry you lost Moonbeam, that is a very large size, I am glad you were able to give her a good home for at least that long.

Well didn't get to do the clean out of the 72G today, other stuff came up. dosing another pH increaser.

Water is clearing up in the SW. My Ricordea is open and seems happy.

Bought a Widelov Java Fern bunch on sale and returned incorrect light bulbs.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #6688
Aquarium Advice Addict

50% water change, remembered to put a mark on the side on the tank so I can siphon out the window next time and finally end the bucket brigade.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #6689
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ty for your kind words Autumnsky. She was a very special snail.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #6690
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Rip Moonbeam

Water change today. Released a golden tetra that has been residing in a floating breeder tank for a few weeks into the open tank. Was weak and emaciated and it's eyes had clouded over. Fattened it up a bit and the eyes got clearer.
Was supposed to remove a few crypt wendtii red from the back of my tank to make room for a new center piece plant (TBD). Was content just watching the plants pearl bubbles.
Thanks for your kind word re Moonbeam. I'm glad your golden tetra is doing better?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com