What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NEWS FLASH

I have PRL babies!!!

60074-albums14810-picture72692.jpg

thread here and a few more pics
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...mnsky-starting-over-372085-3.html#post3548528

Such a relief that the tank is okay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Getting ready to move the Cardinals into the 80G today.

Fed baby brine shrimp and ALL the fish were excited!

Did the pwc on the PRL tank when I saw the babies!!!

Wine glass and Bee shrimp pwc too.

Congratulation!
I'm still researching about Bee shrimps, food, water. also RO-Water-Unit.

Thank you Arthur. Hope you find a good match for shrimp.

Glassgarten is very good and Cologne shrimp food I have not used but is highly regarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

I thought about shrimp, did a small pwc on the PRL tank.

Wondering where my shrimp from the 2nd package are? Wondering if I should get some Red, Blue or Orange, Neos too.

Thank you Arthur. Hope you find a good match for shrimp.

Glassgarten is very good and Cologne shrimp food I have not used but is highly regarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```

I thought about shrimp, did a small pwc on the PRL tank.

Wondering where my shrimp from the 2nd package are? Wondering if I should get some Red, Blue or Orange, Neos too.

I’ve been getting my shrimp food from Meadowview Aquatics. Shrimp love all the foods, reasonably priced and you get SHRIMP STICKERS! Lol

Still excited every time I see those shrimp babies, lol. A sight to behold.

Anyway, a happy day as I did a bit of maintenance and watched the fish. The 48" Ecoxotic arrived yesterday and I put it up today and wow, as one might say the difference is like night and day. The colors really are vivid and the light gives a little shimmer to the water and it is great.

In looking at the data, when these lights came out before around 2012 this size was $400-500ish. Quality made and for $49.99 a steal deal includes shipping :) I might even order another 24" - for the future.

pwc on the wine glass so I could water all the plants. Did a 2G water change. And moved about 12 male Guppies to the 72G. Thjey are just too much activity with so many, for the Betta.

Yesterday got the 12G Edge more than half emptied and switched the white base, back filter housing and top installed.

So now it looks so much prettier matching the stand. The old glass /tank part is still there.

New tank will need to get set up too and it will be for cycling the substrate.

In the mean time, I have found someone working on a special Taiwan Bee shrimp project and he has a bunch of very fun looking Bee shrimp culls. So I plan to check them out and pick up a dozen for the Bee shrimp tank project.

Did the daily water change on the Endler momma 5G bucket, new day new bucket of clean water!

The fish store only wanted males as they are the ones which sell better.

So...What to do now with them!

Hmmm.

The next thing is figuring out which substrate to use for the shrimp tank

Picked up the last 2 packs of tissue culture Dwarf Hair Grass. This will be for the new shrimp tank build. Will be looking toward the tank to be a simple plan, with DHG a few stones.

I have a fun piece of DW so it may be included as well.

Considering the tanks and which inhabitants will be in there...

Thinking that the new tank set up will be the PRL tank 12G Edge. New tank to be absolutely sure the tank doesn't have any other Caridina leftover shrimp crossbreeding.

Hard time deciding these tank and shrimp logistics because I rather the Taiwan Bee tank be the simple scape since many will have unique patterns and varying colors, it seems it would be more fun to observe these easily and compare patterns and colors.

The 7 Dwarf Pencilfish, Nannostomas Marginatus went into the 30G Waterbox tank, had been in the Bee Shrimp 12G tank. Think I forgot to mention that.

30G Waterbox has one lone sneaky Guppy I haven't caught yet. With the Pencilfish and then about 5 Pygmy Cories. I will add a handful of Male Guppies and Endlers and during feeding capture the female and put her into the 72G.

That will add some activity and color, the Pencilfish are neutral colored and hide (more than normal) if there aren't fish swimming around.

Still considering making the Waterbox a SW tank. That would save me money and not need to buy a new SW tank, and keep the number of tanks in line with my goal. Uhg, the struggle is real, lol!

I made a comparison pictureView attachment 318023

What are you using for ferts??? Looks very nice!

I'v ordered. Red Bee 3 band Grade B K 2-4.
20 times.
Now I'm waiting.

Hope they arrive well. Please post a picture when you get them settled in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tried to make it to the far away lfs to look at their fish and stones. But something else came up and never made it!

Hoping to get my assorted Bee shrimp culls tomorrow.

The Guppies / Endlers are starting to get me feeling anxiety again. There are about 110 small to adult and approximately 70-100 tiny 1-3 day old newborn babies... :hide: Probably 100, they were everywhere in the Hornwort. Every time I looked around a bunch of it(floating at the top) there were more, and more! :facepalm:

Ultum controsoil + flourite red and black sand as substrate.

Seacehm excell, flourish, potassium and iron (iron every 2 weeks or so)

What are you using for ferts??? Looks very nice!

Hope they arrive well. Please post a picture when you get them settled in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tried to make it to the far away lfs to look at their fish and stones. But something else came up and never made it!

Hoping to get my assorted Bee shrimp culls tomorrow.

The Guppies / Endlers are starting to get me feeling anxiety again. There are about 110 small to adult and approximately 70-100 tiny 1-3 day old newborn babies... :hide: Probably 100, they were everywhere in the Hornwort. Every time I looked around a bunch of it(floating at the top) there were more, and more! :facepalm:

Sat and looked at it with my head in my hands and tears in my eyes (and there isn't even any water in there yet lol).

What seemed like a nice easy set up has degenerated into me being too perfectionist (You sure you want that there? When its full of water and fish and plants its too late to change it then!!).

Problems with canister filter (Eheim tank with cut outs at the back for hoses but mine have clamps and have nothing to grip to). Now have many extended suckers to clamp them buggers down!!

Queued for an hour and a half today to get the background that I forgot after queuing for two hours on Saturday :banghead:

Deliberating about bogwood placement and when i tire of that driving myself crazy with researching online what are ABSOLUTELY the best plants/mosses/cleaners/tankmates for me.

Anyway, hello from a new member and I may have something to post about my tank in the next month or so :lol:

To be fair, I am not in a hurry as I want it right first time.

Aim to have wood and water in place by this weekend, have plants in place by the weekend after and will then put a few tetras and cleaners in to start the biological filtration going.

Then will see how the plants are doing and if they are growing in OK give it another couple to three weeks before I decide on which supplier to get the fish from :)

Sat and looked at it with my head in my hands and tears in my eyes (and there isn't even any water in there yet lol).

What seemed like a nice easy set up has degenerated into me being too perfectionist (You sure you want that there? When its full of water and fish and plants its too late to change it then!!).

Problems with canister filter (Eheim tank with cut outs at the back for hoses but mine have clamps and have nothing to grip to). Now have many extended suckers to clamp them buggers down!!

Queued for an hour and a half today to get the background that I forgot after queuing for two hours on Saturday :banghead:

Deliberating about bogwood placement and when i tire of that driving myself crazy with researching online what are ABSOLUTELY the best plants/mosses/cleaners/tankmates for me.

Anyway, hello from a new member and I may have something to post about my tank in the next month or so :lol:

To be fair, I am not in a hurry as I want it right first time.

Aim to have wood and water in place by this weekend, have plants in place by the weekend after and will then put a few tetras and cleaners in to start the biological filtration going.

Then will see how the plants are doing and if they are growing in OK give it another couple to three weeks before I decide on which supplier to get the fish from :)

Triumph-Rat - Do not worry yourself to tears. You can change your awesome tank anytime when you determine the perfect next plant, moss, stone or DW.

Think, Love your tank, not have a perfect tank.

There are variables for different water parameters and fish and whether you use CO2 and which lights, etc. So perfect may not be the same from one tank to another.

Unless this tank is intended to be entered in an international competition there will not be a "perfect" tank.

Perfection defined is also different to different people. Relax. Enjoy the building process and the staging and making a list (if you like lists) of goals or objectives. What other people love doesn't always make the perfect tank. It is what you love.

Another reason people have more than one tank, because sometimes one tank can't fulfill all you love. :flowers:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days ago I tried to save the latest batch of Cory Cat eggs. The Guppies were going crazy finding eggs to eat like an Easter egg hunt.

The Cories laid eggs on appx. 5 leaves and on about 6 different spots (maybe trying to foil the dim Guppies).

As I tried a couple ways to remove the Cory eggs, I was being attacked by voracious Guppies, mostly getting nipped by the big females!!! The Guppies went crazy for the eggs which were lost to the current. :facepalm:

It looks like the saved eggs are mostly white. Air bubbler and changing water every other day.

Went to the farther away lfs looking for some stones and maybe fancy Goldfish and Ember Tetras and Chili Rasboras... just checking on what was available.

They were out of stock on baby Brine shrimp (frozen). I bought Cyclops and a pack of Rotifers.

None of the fish I was checking on.

Got a couple Dragon / Ohko stones.

Been considering the possibility of making the 72G a fancy Goldfish tank. I was looking at it and thinking that it is not at the potential and happiness factor which I would wish for. (light heartedly commenting, but really a little twinging of anxiety issues every time I see toooooo many Guppies in there.)

No one wants them!

(sorry in advance if this bothers anyone) Had been considering which bigger fish could live in there to nibble on some tiny fry to limit the population. But I will work a little harder and lower the prices locally to find them homes.

Decided maybe a different direction would be a better, the fancy GF. I have a super huge amount of filtration in that tank and it seems it would be great. Need to change the substrate though, and I was going to change half the substrate for the Cories anyway!

Last edited:
Was going to say, my other issue was not receiving my 6 mixed Bee shrimp with the other part of my order. It has been a month since the order and not got any information on the details of when the other shrimp would be arriving.

I emailed asking, and then nothing for a week, then a email again asking a week after that, and now basically asking why on earth they would ignore a repeat customer who has been kind to them on social media and would continue to be a customer... very puzzling and always I have been very polite and kind about the whole thing. Very annoyed tbh. They still have my money as well.

My Beeshrimps are well arived.
The water KH 0,5; pH 6.
I tryed to provide it. The tank is KH 2,3; pH6,6.
Itis a bit dark. humincolor.
Now I'll see.
102018-albums14463-picture72706.jpg
102018-albums14463-picture72707.jpg

102018-albums14463-picture72708.jpg

I put another bag of sand in it and finally connected the canister filter.

Also furtled around in the spare room and found a box of extra wood to spend days considering.

Still no water but gently does it, don't want to peak this early in the process!! :cool:

My Beeshrimps are well arrived.
The water KH 0,5; pH 6.
I tryed to provide it. The tank is KH 2,3; pH6,6.
Itis a bit dark. humincolor.
Now I'll see.
102018-albums14463-picture72706.jpg
102018-albums14463-picture72707.jpg

Very pretty shrimp, they look healthy! Thank you for sending pics! I love seeing them.

~~~~~
Found my Albino Pleco dead. :( She was always hiding in the Pleco cave and in the DW like a normal BN pleco and would come out to eat when I fed the wafers and Carnivoire pellets. She was probably 7 years old. I guess the life span is about normal - 5 years lifespan, and some reports of 12 yo says the internet.

Our family had a human baby arrive yesterday and things have been crazy getting things ready for this happening. (not me btw, lol) All is well and quite beautiful (y)

So back to fish tanks now.

Will be pulling out some things to sell locally. Our CAS will be postponing the fall auction - already skipped the spring auction as well. There is a website for selling, similar to an auction, getting opened up, and (now buy, sell and swap site for everyday around the area for CAS members) that will help.

Already though I do not have buyers for the Guppies and Endlers.

I will find someone who needs a project, I am sure.

Still looking at the fancy Goldfish. I love them and having an appropriate Koi pond is not an option right now.

We fed some pond snails to the Yoyo and Clown Loaches only maybe 20 little ones last night. They were really excited! Started feeding a little less than my usual over feeding.

But hope to use more frozen foods and up the premium nature of the foods, focusing on the fish wellness. These last months / year or so, have been purchasing different foods I haven't used yet. There are so many options and of course the people using them feel they are great, or are getting paid to promote them.

There are a few more which I would like to try. But getting close to the end of new foods which I know about.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/fish-foods-what-do-you-like-love-374379.html#post3549257

Last edited:
A local hobbyist has some baby Albino BN Plecos, and I am thinking of a trio. The space is not enough for more happy little guys. Also will be rehoming a small number of Endlers. Finding a home for a light and some Java Fern as well.

Needing to post some more things locally!

Hoping to get my Taiwan mixed Bee shrimp picked up soon from another local hobbyist.

So far it looks like a couple Black King Kongs, a couple yellow King Kongs. Blue Shadow Pandas ~5, and low grade BB Blue Bolts and one Mosura Blue Bolt.

Basically shrimp shopping and quality and price comparing!!! And trying to decide which tanks, which critters will go in and which order to do it. Same ole same ole.

Breaking News Alert - 5 minutes ago...

Just when I thought I was pretty settled, the offering of Royal Blue Orange Eye Blue Tiger shrimp just popped up for sale. These are the shrimp reason I started keeping shrimp. circa 2012 I wanted these beautiful blue Jewels with Orange Sakura shrimp in the same tank. (now I know that parameter combo might not be ideal but wow, so very beautiful.) I am tortured right now! Oh agony. It's just money right?

Still looking for a tank to switch the SW too.

Last edited:
Did a couple pwc's.

Put in an offer on 3 Glass Cats and 6 Silver Hatchet fish, waiting to hear back.

Picked up 16 cool looking new shrimp

The first group from the local hobbyist is here. 16

5 Shadow Panda 1 berried!!!
2 BB
1 Blue Mosura /BB
2 Red Bolt medium
2 Yellow KK small
1 Fancy Black Tiger
2 BKK
1 PBL female berried

They look great I am so blessed - and happy. The guy threw in the 2 Red Bolts and the $20.00 fancy Tiger. He is clearing out a few tanks, one tank is the OEBT. I decided I didn't want to get an additional specific Orange Eye Blue Tigers tank. :(

I told him to keep me in mind if he needs to find homes for more odd ball / or Bee shrimp. :) Also he has a bunch of plants ne wants to move, so I will be getting some pics for those. I will give him some Subwassertang next time I see him as he doesn't have it yet.

Found homes for about 20 Guppies Endlers. Only 180 more to go, lol!

They are getting rehomed tomorrow and I will get a few Albino Pleco Babies.

And maybe found a taker for a big bunch of Hornwort! The great fish and plant swap.

Will be taking a few Cherry shrimp to the lfs Wed.

Decided to use the Brightwell FlorinVolcanit Rio Escuro-XF, (I have to cut and paste that every time!!!)

Pondering scape ideas.

Wonderfull shrimps You got.

Now my Bee shrimps are acclimatet. As start I lost twoo. But I done the first WC. 10 Liter. I found some small shrimplets in the gravel of filter. Also past suction the sand. They have no color. May be the colore comes later.

Back
Top Bottom