Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #6721
Aquarium Advice Regular

Moved around my emersed tanks so I have room for the huge (300+ plants) plant order I have coming Monday lol

Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #6722
Aquarium Advice Freak

Taught my mom how to care for the fish while my sister and I will be gone for a month.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #6723
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
From my 20g Planted Tank Rescape thread...
Got some new plants today:

Pogostemon helferi (Downoi)
Pogostemon erectus
Rotala wallichii

Planted the Downoi along the left side, wallichii at the center left, and P. erectus at the center right:

Did some trimming and rearranging to make room for the new plants. Never kept these before so my fingers are crossed.
Your tank is very beautifully scaped. Lovely color combos and textures.

The light for those seem to be my problem. I covet Pogostemon Helferi in luscious bundles, lol. Someday more light I guess (and glut). I am not up for co2.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #6724
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Your tank is very beautifully scaped. Lovely color combos and textures.

The light for those seem to be my problem. I covet Pogostemon Helferi in luscious bundles, lol. Someday more light I guess (and glut). I am not up for co2.

Thank you so much! Last year my goal was to simply grow plants. I think I had a monoculture of broadleaf chain sword. With contributions from other AA members and a few purchases, I am trying to get some diversity in there. The pressurized CO2 has only been there 2 months. Took me forever to finally decide and get one . It was not that expensive and since I only run two tanks (the other is a very low maintenance shrimp tank) the overall expenses are pretty low. Plus, I have not purchased any new fish in 20 months (and counting).
The P helferi were grown emersed so I am hoping with enough CO2 and water movement that it will transition to its submerged form with no meltdown.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #6725
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Thank you so much! Last year my goal was to simply grow plants. I think I had a monoculture of broadleaf chain sword. With contributions from other AA members and a few purchases, I am trying to get some diversity in there. The pressurized CO2 has only been there 2 months. Took me forever to finally decide and get one . It was not that expensive and since I only run two tanks (the other is a very low maintenance shrimp tank) the overall expenses are pretty low. Plus, I have not purchased any new fish in 20 months (and counting).
The P helferi were grown emersed so I am hoping with enough CO2 and water movement that it will transition to its submerged form with no meltdown.
I hope your pH and the stores are about the same. This stuff is trial and error and sometimes there are better results than others but it is awesome and I will drool over yours as it grows up. I have tried Downoi 3 times now in several tanks on the 3 occasions and it seems it just has to have more than I am offering atm. I got some to grow for a few months and was hopeful but then it just disappeared, lol.

I also love this plant Hygrophila pinnatifida You should grow it for me, lol. The leaves and colors are so amazing. Anyway keep up the great work!! It is fun to see the victories.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #6726
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
I hope your pH and the stores are about the same. This stuff is trial and error and sometimes there are better results than others but it is awesome and I will drool over yours as it grows up. I have tried Downoi 3 times now in several tanks on the 3 occasions and it seems it just has to have more than I am offering atm. I got some to grow for a few months and was hopeful but then it just disappeared, lol.

I also love this plant Hygrophila pinnatifida You should grow it for me, lol. The leaves and colors are so amazing. Anyway keep up the great work!! It is fun to see the victories.

Plants came from Aquarium Plants Central. They actually gave me twice the amount of Pogostemon erectus and Rotala wallichii. I have no room for the extra plants so I might setup my grow out tank (it's a 24" 6.6g tank with a pair of CFLs) or put them outside in my pond. Not sure yet. For now the extra plants are just floating in the planted tank.
The Hygro looks nice. If I had the room in my planted tank I would do that!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #6727
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a few plants today for my betta tank and my soon-to-be-mine 110g
Old 06-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #6728
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Plants came from Aquarium Plants Central. They actually gave me twice the amount of Pogostemon erectus and Rotala wallichii. I have no room for the extra plants so I might setup my grow out tank (it's a 24" 6.6g tank with a pair of CFLs) or put them outside in my pond. Not sure yet. For now the extra plants are just floating in the planted tank.
The Hygro looks nice. If I had the room in my planted tank I would do that!
That was nice of them.

Community Rules

Old 06-15-2014, 12:28 AM   #6729
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fed all tanks, and the new guys. Algae scrubbed on a couple 10 gallon tanks. Took some cobamba out of my 10 gal Betta tank and put them in my new tank. Fed new RCS babies and baby mystery snails. Still more to do, but I worked today and every will be fine till tomorrow(; I am exhausted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #6730
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Rescaped my 20. Removed some of the floramax and put sand in. There's a circle of floramax and the sand is on the sides. Added rocks that I found outside, but I will need more in the morning. I'll post pics when it clears up.
I have a 10g full of extra plants from a free bag I got earlier this week. I should find something to do with them.
Added some type of sword to my African tank.
Also created a way to save space with hob filters! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402804435.243529.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	240435
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402804394.545381.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	240434

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com