Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #6761
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

That's a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hope she turns out okay.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #6762
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1 View Post
That's a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hope she turns out okay.
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 06-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #6763
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
That IS a lot!!! looks good. What is your lighting?
I have a current USA satellite LED+ over it. I should get around 40 PAR on the substrate level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Yes, it is quite a lot! It must have been painstaking to plant every little bunch of plants the way you did, it looks great!
It took about half an hour - the benefit of doing dry start method though is that you don't necessarily have to get them totally secure in the substrate. It would have been way worse had I tried to plant them with water in the tank.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #6764
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29 View Post
It took about half an hour - the benefit of doing dry start method though is that you don't necessarily have to get them totally secure in the substrate. It would have been way worse had I tried to plant them with water in the tank.

Yeah I've never done the dry start method before. I hope it works out well for you!

Just fed the fish today. Wondering when I can add the fry into the parents' tank because she is getting big!
Old 06-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #6765
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Big day. Did monthly canister filter cleaning. Mixed up yeast for another week of CO2. Weekly PWC. Cleaned algae off of rocks for the first time ever. It just didn't look nice any more. Used H2O2. It was a very fizzy experience. Now I'm just watching the fish. The lights are off but the room is bright so the viewing is still good.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #6766
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
Big day. Did monthly canister filter cleaning. Mixed up yeast for another week of CO2. Weekly PWC. Cleaned algae off of rocks for the first time ever. It just didn't look nice any more. Used H2O2. It was a very fizzy experience. Now I'm just watching the fish. The lights are off but the room is bright so the viewing is still good.

Wow! That's a busy day. Yeah algae can look pretty for a while until it gets out of control. My tank is getting to that point, I'll have to clean it out soon as well.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #6767
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Wow! That's a busy day. Yeah algae can look pretty for a while until it gets out of control. My tank is getting to that point, I'll have to clean it out soon as well.
Lol, there'll always be more algae. At least cleaning it is a labor of love and rewarding when the job is done!
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #6768
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
Lol, there'll always be more algae. At least cleaning it is a labor of love and rewarding when the job is done!

H2O2 will make things fizz and raise the O2 levels so much so that the plants will pearling like crazy. I use it spot treat BBA.
Last night I replanted a bunch of Pogostemon erectus that were uprooted. I did not notice the baseball size gap along the back wall of plants. The pogo er were attached to the same stem which had started to rot. I separated the stems and planted them individually. I found a small blob of what looks like pond snail eggs on one of the stems. I removed it. There are probably more in there. That's fine.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #6769
Aquarium Advice Addict

After a 6month hiatus because of medical and job related junk, I'm back. I upgraded my 36 to a 65 gallon discus tank, and bought a 120 gallon for my loaches and angels. Just have to let the plants fill in, and buy some more fish and plants to play with. Work in progress pics:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403374879.713015.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	241001
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403374921.960397.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	241002
Zimmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #6770
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski View Post
After a 6month hiatus because of medical and job related junk, I'm back. I upgraded my 36 to a 65 gallon discus tank, and bought a 120 gallon for my loaches and angels. Just have to let the plants fill in, and buy some more fish and plants to play with. Work in progress pics:
Attachment 241001
Attachment 241002
Very nice! And welcome back

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com