Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #6771
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski View Post
After a 6month hiatus because of medical and job related junk, I'm back. I upgraded my 36 to a 65 gallon discus tank, and bought a 120 gallon for my loaches and angels. Just have to let the plants fill in, and buy some more fish and plants to play with. Work in progress pics:
Attachment 241001
Attachment 241002

Wow looks great! Congrats on the upgrades, new tanks can be fun

On another note, just found a great LPS today! The staff is average, but they do admit it, which is, I think, the best trait that a LFS employee can have besides actually knowing what to stock in what size tank I looked at the tanks three times to take it all in and saw 3 fry in the guppy tank which I got for a dollar each. Now I have 8 fry that are all about the same size! The LFS also has tanks (I have my eye on a 55er) and plants too! I saw a label for a shell dweller but sadly there weren't any in the tank...hopefully they're popular and I can get some next time And to think this morning I didn't think that today would be a big fish day...oh how wrong I was

Old 06-22-2014, 02:47 PM   #6772
Aquarium Advice Freak

So far today I have fed the fish, made sure that no bullying is going on between the older fry and the day-olds, organized the fish cabinet (it was such a mess), fed some seaweed (which they absolutely LOVE) and now I'm mixing some more fish food since I was running low. Mom is starting to get pulled in, as an obsessed fish keeper I am glad to pull people in :P

Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #6773
Aquarium Advice Addict

I fragged my fire and ice zoas for a friend and done a water change

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #6774
Aquarium Advice Activist

Did a 50 % wc fed them and watched
Old 06-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #6775
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Cut a few strips of PVC to serve as a deterrent for a curious canine. The cabinet doors for my stand slide left and right. The strips basically prevent the doors from sliding. One for each door track.

Please excuse the crude Madden-esque arrows. While I was out this afternoon, the dog caught a whiff of some smelly but good fish flakes/powder, pushed the door aside and went to town. He only got to one ziplock bag of fish food.
I might spray paint them black or dark brown so they don't look so obvious.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #6776
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Cut a few strips of PVC to serve as a deterrent for a curious canine. The cabinet doors for my stand slide left and right. The strips basically prevent the doors from sliding. One for each door track.

Please excuse the crude Madden-esque arrows. While I was out this afternoon, the dog caught a whiff of some smelly but good fish flakes/powder, pushed the door aside and went to town. He only got to one ziplock bag of fish food.
I might spray paint them black or dark brown so they don't look so obvious.

Yeah pets can be annoying when they go and eat the fish food.

Looks nice Ndefil! Is that blue and orange fish a gourami or a discus? I can't tell for sure but looks like a gourami.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:39 AM   #6777
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Cleaning out some stuff and found a bunch of rocks and also a filter and a UV Sterilizer which don't know if the last two work yet or not.

A couple days ago, I took off the sock covering my SW intake on the 15G, this caused my flow to really UP and blast through which I found was too much for my little frags and the two Montiporas ended up upside down which I didn't notice because of a very busy work schedule. When I got them off the sand bed at the end of the next day, they were upside down and very damaged, the yellow green nearly gone and the reddish pink was a little bit left and is possibly going to recover some more and grow. Can't tell for sure yet. I moved them down a little lower to avoid the turbulent water.

Also the Ricordea was flipped over and was saved in time and moved a little bit so it would be more secure.

It has been really busy and I haven't had enough time to take care of everything like I want to. Going to be getting rid of a couple more tanks to reduce the load for now.

that kinda sums it up for me right now.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #6778
Aquarium Advice Freak

aww that's too bad Autumnsky

Yesterday I found two fry in my dad's tank and he said that they were there since Friday! He insists they stay in the main tank to see if they won't get eaten I'm worried about them but the parents are actually chasing the other platy away, he has been exiled to the corner lol. I hope these two little fry survive!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #6779
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

50% WC amd water evap fill yesterday. Fed flakes and bloodworms.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 06-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #6780
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Today I switched from my two temp internal filters to my new external Had to hack some more holes in the hood for the plumbing though...

I also tidied up some of my plants, wiped off some of the brown algae that's accumulated on the glass lately, and fed flake and courgette.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com