What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info.(Seachem) I'll definitely pick some up! I think today I'm also going to pick up a siphon hose and maybe sand for the tank, before cleaning (My snail Notorious) is really pooping a lot. More poop.. Not what i was looking for! Lol Yesterday i went looking for a flat, small tank heater. But didn't find one. Bought an alge ball for the tank. Yay! That was it. My tanks 1.5 gal So for Notorious sake i was thinking about allowing so growth in there. On day two I'm like this guy is going to make me nuts! Tanks can be a lot of work! I'm hanging in there. Thank you D-Fish

Oh ho... Nice spot!! A clear flat plexiglass top would be fun! Lol

He only really takes an interest in the fish when the lid is off, so he would definitely like that. The tank in the dining room has a clear lid, and he does somtimes sit and watch through that, but there isnt room for him to sit on top of that one as there is a cupboard above the tank. I think its more the water than the fish that attracts his attention though.

Thanks for the info.(Seachem) I'll definitely pick some up! I think today I'm also going to pick up a siphon hose and maybe sand for the tank, before cleaning (My snail Notorious) is really pooping a lot. More poop.. Not what i was looking for! Lol Yesterday i went looking for a flat, small tank heater. But didn't find one. Bought an alge ball for the tank. Yay! That was it. My tanks 1.5 gal So for Notorious sake i was thinking about allowing so growth in there. On day two I'm like this guy is going to make me nuts! Tanks can be a lot of work! I'm hanging in there. Thank you D-Fish
It's a lot of work at times, but mostly relaxing and enjoyable. Only occasionally frustrating or sad. Never boring. Lol

Water change using rain water. Rain water had slight hazing from green water so that is now in my tank. It should clear in time. Water was pretty cold. I normally let it stabilise but I only have one bucket and it needed 3 fills from the butt so I just put it in. Nothing batted an eyelid.

Got a moss wall starting. Adhered itself to the glass and starting to spread.

IMG_3192.jpg

Waiting for the water to clear before I can get a full tank shot.

Vacuumed off tons of mulm too.

Beautiful Tiger Lotus Caliban07! And love the Climbing moss!

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy!

I just looked at fish for a few minutes here and there. Hoping tomorrow to get the Blue Rim Betta into the Wine Glass. Didn't make that happen before.

Our Colorado Aquarium Society club is planning (early stages) a big celebration for summer 2022 for 75th anniversary. So fun to help out with that.

Was shopping for an alternate larger previously owned tank, 5 or 6 feet to be able to keep the Clown Loaches. So far some leads but no excellent options. Then would be able to combine the tanks.

Baby Betta is still looking okay, 3 ADF and Dwarf Cray are doing well, did their water changes too.

Probably need to go pick up SW from the lfs , but they are closed till Wednesday. Was too busy today :(

Beautiful Tiger Lotus Caliban07! And love the Climbing moss!

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy!

I just looked at fish for a few minutes here and there. Hoping tomorrow to get the Blue Rim Betta into the Wine Glass. Didn't make that happen before.

Our Colorado Aquarium Society club is planning (early stages) a big celebration for summer 2022 for 75th anniversary. So fun to help out with that.

Was shopping for an alternate larger previously owned tank, 5 or 6 feet to be able to keep the Clown Loaches. So far some leads but no excellent options. Then would be able to combine the tanks.

Baby Betta is still looking okay, 3 ADF and Dwarf Cray are doing well, did their water changes too.

Probably need to go pick up SW from the lfs , but they are closed till Wednesday. Was too busy today :(
Around where I live you never see cheap used tanks. NEVER everyone always wants retail out of their stuff.

--------

Moved 3 if the Angels out of QT into the big tank today!
20210222_115540.jpg
20210222_115902.jpg

Some mild aggressive showings for the severums and the one adult angel in the tank. But nothing abnormal for new fish introduction. I'll keep an eye on them and if anyone starts getting beat up I'll take them back out and wait a few days to try again with a water change and tank rearrangement.

But right now it's looking ok. [emoji1696]

Around where I live you never see cheap used tanks. NEVER everyone always wants retail out of their stuff.

--------

Moved 3 if the Angels out of QT into the big tank today!
View attachment 319913
View attachment 319914

Some mild aggressive showings for the severums and the one adult angel in the tank. But nothing abnormal for new fish introduction. I'll keep an eye on them and if anyone starts getting beat up I'll take them back out and wait a few days to try again with a water change and tank rearrangement.

But right now it's looking ok. [emoji1696]
Very pretty!

I vacuumed and water changed on the 125, 215, 55, 100, 105 and both 25's. Tomo I'll do the 90, 45, 20 and both 65s and both 75s. Too lazy today to do more, haha! Weds then I'll do the 46 and 36 bow fronts. Then I'll be caught up. For a week

Not done yet but will be when I get home from work. The other Angels are moving to the main tank!

I also have found out the blue zebra parrots/polar blue parrots/many other names. Do not like snails! Even if they are 10x their size. I put one of the apple snails in the tank to help with a little left over food and black beard algea I always have (I think it's in my tap water lol)
Well all the other fish pretty much ignore him but the parrots constantly attack him if he gets anywhere they have claimed as their territory. So he will need to be taken back out.

The main reason I got them is they will eat the black beard algae and have always worked for me. But I guess not in this tank. I may have to go another route.

Goldfish coming tomorrow! That's why I need to free up the QT tank.

Lots of excitement. Some good and some not as good but still worth saying.

Hope you all are doing well!

Not done yet but will be when I get home from work. The other Angels are moving to the main tank!

I also have found out the blue zebra parrots/polar blue parrots/many other names. Do not like snails! Even if they are 10x their size. I put one of the apple snails in the tank to help with a little left over food and black beard algea I always have (I think it's in my tap water lol)
Well all the other fish pretty much ignore him but the parrots constantly attack him if he gets anywhere they have claimed as their territory. So he will need to be taken back out.

The main reason I got them is they will eat the black beard algae and have always worked for me. But I guess not in this tank. I may have to go another route.

Goldfish coming tomorrow! That's why I need to free up the QT tank.

Lots of excitement. Some good and some not as good but still worth saying.

Hope you all are doing well!
I think those cichlids are a convict cross. Imo, pound for pound, the convict is the toughest and most bossy cichlid on the market. If they got 12" they would kill everyone, lol

I think those cichlids are a convict cross. Imo, pound for pound, the convict is the toughest and most bossy cichlid on the market. If they got 12" they would kill everyone, lol
I think they are also. They look like it and seem to act like it.
oh really am afraid I'm going to end up having to rehome some of the ones I have. I have two males and three females. Right now they're only an inch to an inch and a half long and already acting like little edit:[monsters]. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom