Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #6891
Aquarium Advice Freak

My betta died, I didn't even have him for two weeks. I'm really bummed, because I tried really hard to keep him alive. I think it was a combination if ich and ammonia poisoning. I didn't see the ich until yesterday and I didn't know what to do about it besides go and get some medicine and do water changes. He had a warranty that ends today, so I'm going to go and get a tank with a filter and a replacement betta. I'm just so sad my sister is helping cheer me up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #6892
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
My betta died, I didn't even have him for two weeks. I'm really bummed, because I tried really hard to keep him alive. I think it was a combination if ich and ammonia poisoning. I didn't see the ich until yesterday and I didn't know what to do about it besides go and get some medicine and do water changes. He had a warranty that ends today, so I'm going to go and get a tank with a filter and a replacement betta. I'm just so sad my sister is helping cheer me up

Awww I'm sorry to hear that My molly died yesterday of PTB and I was sad too. Good luck with the new one

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Old 07-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #6893
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks, I got a bigger tank for him so I hope he makes it

I found some duckweed maybe I'll put it in the old bowl just to see how it lasts

Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #6894
Aquarium Advice Regular

Did a 30% wc,cleaned the filters added more sand & rearranged the 55 gallon tank.

Lozo_fish
Old 07-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #6895
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Watched it sitting on the floor waiting for the stand.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:25 PM   #6896
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post

Sorry to hear about your Betta. It is sad to lose a fish. The tank will be a big help to keep him properly, and well.

Just watching the fish a little and keep fattening up the baby fish I got last week. They are looking better.

Watched the Scarlet Badis and saw that they were eating. They are hunting / predators!!! Watching them made me realize how fast they could wipe out a tank of baby shrimp They would not work well in a shrimp tank if you wanted to raise shrimp.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #6897
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Hunted down stray Downoi and replanted them.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #6898
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just got the news that all of my RCS died, I think it might be because the top of the vase is tapered and they couldn't get enough oxygen. I'm really annoyed because I spent over $30 and lots of time on the shrimp and they all died.

I picked up a 1 gallon bowl for my sister's betta. It's better than what she has at the moment (a half-gallon bowl) but still not ideal.

Yesterday I set up my cousin's 3 gallon tank (with a filter) for her birthday and she loves it, she has a female betta in it who she named Sapphire.

My betta doesn't have a name yet, but he is in a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter. He is smaller than my other betta, but I think he is going to grow. Here is a picture of him, he was swimming out of the hole in the castle as I took the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405870856.342327.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	243795

Old 07-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #6899
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Several water changes are coming up. I need to bring my nitrates down a lot.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #6900
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Cloudy water in the 30g, the first noticeable sign that anything is going on in there! Part of my order from That Fish Place arrived yesterday, but my new testing kit is on back-order. It's only serving to remind me why I dislike testing with the dip-strips so much...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com