Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #6911
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Wow Autumnsky, so busy! Do you work at night?

Lol 54seaweed I'm not to that stage yet with the UPS and FedEx people knowing me, will be there soon though

My sister's betta is looking up, she is swimming around happy as can be. We moved her tank next to my betta's tank and now he is building her a bubble nest. Love at first sight lol it's a good sign for breeding though if it ends up getting the OK from my parents. My cousin's betta isn't looking so good, gonna add some prime to her tank tomorrow. I think that's what really helped my sister's betta.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #6912
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppygourami View Post
Haha! Lucky you, Australia's a beautiful place. Just wondering, do you have an accent? I love Aussies and their accents lolXD

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠
I guess i have a bit of an accent. I don't have the drawl like a Steve Irwin. There is a fair bit of variation between accents depending on where you grew up. To generalize i'd say that people who grew up in rural areas are more likely to have that kind of drawl or a variation. My accent is probably closer to someone like Hugh Jackman. Any foreign accent is interesting though.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #6913
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yesterday fed BBS and frozen defrosted Tubifex Worms so today is fasting for the big guys, but the little babies are gonna still get fed.

There are plants filling my holding tank 35G and a bucket with plants so I have a BIG bunch now.

Tonight is testing to see if the 72G will have the kH to keep a stable tank, I am thinking it will be close. If not, one more dose of Calcium.

I really feel a great relief to have the Bettas go to another home. I am working on simplifying. There is quite a bit of work in "simplifying" life...

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #6914
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cleaned the trusty protein skimmer and fed my corals!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:59 AM   #6915
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Got everything ready for vacation. It was more work than I thought...
Old 07-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #6916
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did the daily feedings, did a PWC on my 20 long, got some rocks for an up coming project.

Oh and I my endler female have birth to ~30ish fry... Oh the fun of fry!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #6917
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Did nothing today except a water change and stared at the tank. Almost all day.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #6918
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fresh the tank is beautiful, that makes it easy to stare at it all day

Rinsing gravel to add to my new 3 gal, then going to transfer my betta from his tank and give that tank to my sister for her betta.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #6919
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Two other groups of my family had plans for my time so I didn't plant my tank yet, but I am going to start planting my 72G this week.

A family member gifted me a brand new Aqua Farm tank 3G for my Betta (even though it is a community Betta; I was talking about getting an imported Fancy though.) So I don't know for sure what I am going to do with it yet. Temporarily for now I put in a bunch of plants I recently got and they needed a little more light than the orange bucket they were in lol and added in some I had left in a grow out tub. So condensing the clutter!

DD bought a 46G bowfront so she could have my too big for my stocking plans, Purple Spotted Gudgeon.

The one which was going to get 3.5 inches long as an adult, but LFS mistakenly got their Gudgeon sizes mixed up and this kind is 6+inches and a mouth the size of the Grand Canyon. It is her favorite fish, and also going to take the White Crayfish and Spotted Raphael Cat and an Angel. All my big bottom feeders which might eat the other fish.

The rest of the stock for her tank will likely be Leopard Danios and a colorful Gourami or a few Blue German Rams, possibly Glass cats and Green Neons. She is considering Celestial Pearl Danios instead of the Green Neons, but then wouldn't have an Angel with CPD.

So anyway, I get to scape the new tank for her in a few weeks when she gets to her new place. She will be taking the Aquaclear 110 already cycled media so should be golden. We are going to pick out some schooling fish likely the Leopard Danios and maybe the Glass cats if they are available to QT while we wait for the move to happen.

Just did all the testing for the SW and FW 72G and the QT of the fish going into the 72G.

QT (7.6 pH) was over 1 point higher than the 72G (6.2pH). At least it is registering on the test chart now. kH was still no color so maybe it will be one more dose tomorrow and good. So I upped the Calcium supplement again for the 72G. And a little Baking soda. I am hoping this time we will be close to the same water.

Measured the tap and it was 7.6 pH. Kh in my tap water will not register on the test, it won't turn blue. So I guess adding the calcium is good. I think I am going to have to talk to some local people and see what else they do, adding crushed coral to the filters seems to be the basic answer.

Added a dose of Calcium to my shrimp 12G and 6.6G Edge tanks.

The 72G was between 0 and .25 for ammonia, 0 Nitrites and between 40-60 ppm Nitrates. So I added Prime for the whole tank and will have to do pwc tomorrow. I think I am at the end of my recycling.

SW needs a water change so doing that tonight.

This is why I would like to simplify All chores and no rest!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #6920
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I set my 56 gallon back up! Got the sand rinsed out, hauled it into my room, set it up and filled it (slight disaster - one of the fittings for my python hose came apart and sprayed the living room floor) and sat back to look at it. Then, lo and behold, one of the snail shells that I assumed to be empty started moving. One of my mystery snails that I thought for sure were dead due to being left overnight in an empty but damp tank in freezing weather, then in said empty tank in my garage for 8 months in both freezing cold and baking heat. I had just left the shells in because they all looked empty and was going to just fish them out after I filled the tank. Crazy...

I get to bring home my adopted oscar Wednesday. Hopefully an instant cycle because I am taking his filter pads with me.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com