Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #6931
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Today I learnt that my neon tetras are not in fact dying, but were pale because we forgot to turn the light on today. Holy crap. It was a thread here from several years ago which I found on Google that let me calm down long enough to see their colour returning within minutes of turning the light on. I had no idea this was a normal thing for them. When I first got home I thought they were dying, or that something terrible had happened to the water quality!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:33 AM   #6932
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanVelvel View Post
Today I learnt that my neon tetras are not in fact dying, but were pale because we forgot to turn the light on today. Holy crap. It was a thread here from several years ago which I found on Google that let me calm down long enough to see their colour returning within minutes of turning the light on. I had no idea this was a normal thing for them. When I first got home I thought they were dying, or that something terrible had happened to the water quality!
Yup, it is a bit terrifying when you don't know that! You aren't the first,.... or second person to have that happen!!! (or the last!) Welcome!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #6933
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks Autumn. My neon is joining my school of cardinal tetras. Do he won't be alone. Plus I bought two neons and one didn't make it from the store. Not a good sign.

Trudging the road to happy ... Aquarium Advice
Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #6934
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Oh forgot to mention.

DD got her new 46G bowfront from CL today, came complete tank setup, PLUS the stand which we didn't know about, so that was a happy surprise. And a huge bigger than softball size clump of Moss. Another nice surprise. It is in very good condition. 95% clean too. $75.

Took pics of my SW stuff you can see it in my "Something Saltwater" profile album.

Here is the thread, of a planted FW enthusiast, falling off the side of the tank and landing into the salty side, lol.
1st SW build part 2 - Nano Column Tank

Yesterday I added about 30 Ferkka Stemma and Rosetta Fert tabs into my 72G and 6.6G tanks.

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 08-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #6935
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by K69ace View Post
Thanks Autumn. My neon is joining my school of cardinal tetras. Do he won't be alone. Plus I bought two neons and one didn't make it from the store. Not a good sign.

Trudging the road to happy ... Aquarium Advice
Good he will have friends. Cardinals are one of my very favorites!

Sorry to hear the other Neon didn't make it.

Community Rules

Old 08-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #6936
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
After a long night at work (and a few hours out with my coworkers after) im about to do a small water change on my tanks and go to bed. Gotta get all the bits of food Trogdor missed / shredded but didn't eat. Oscars sure are messy eaters. I can't wait til Sunday when I will have the chance to go get him better food.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #6937
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I placed a piece of drift wood into my cray tank with an Anubias on it. My cray Richard chewed the leaves pretty good and ate a chunk of the rhizome. So I took it out and now I don't know what tank to put it in. I might just set up another 29 today): lol Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407090528.860001.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	245483
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #6938
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
So I placed a piece of drift wood into my cray tank with an Anubias on it. My cray Richard chewed the leaves pretty good and ate a chunk of the rhizome. So I took it out and now I don't know what tank to put it in. I might just set up another 29 today): lol Attachment 245483
LOL, bad cray! I saw mine crawl up the dw and start chopping away. I was wondering why perfectly good leaves were ending up stuck to my intake every day! I kinda just forgot how troublesome they can be.

So is there a new Cray tank yet???

Got the switch-things-up bug today.

Moved two Green Neons out of my 6.6G Edge tank and into the 12G Edge to be with the other Green Neons. When I bought them They were mistakenly called Sundanios Axlerodi Blue Neons. Since they were so small they looked about the same.

Now the 6.6G has 3 Scarlet Badis. 5 Chilis, Boraras brigittae And a few shrimp 2 Fire Red and a Brown colored Cherry and a pale one, left over from the last batch. The future stocking of this tank will be other Nano fish and no worries about the eating the shrimp part. If you want you can PM me any ideas for further stocking, or add it here

The 12G Edge is the Blue Velvet Shrimp tank. There are Green Neons and 3 adult Celestial Pearl Danios, adding the 8 babies from the QT now! Well only found 7, unless one is hiding in the Crypts. Or two got into the net at the same time time, hmmmm. Since they swim pretty fast it is difficult for me to count them, and since it is a little jungle can't see that well anyway.

That empties 1 more tank of fish anyway, still has plants for now.

The 6.6G got a complete filter clean out and in the middle of trying to catch the Neons I moved rocks and DW and kicked up a ton of gunk. So changed 6 gallons of water, remove, add, remove, add, remove, add, and left off the sponge to clear up the tank a little faster. So I can see the need for a serious substrate cleaning pretty soon. Added extra Prime.

So tried to do this tank for the last year, as a minimal interference type thing to see if that would work for me. I would have to say it did not work out well for me.

Will be adding additional water testing to the schedule. Future shrimp tank breeding efforts will feature more structure in the process.

Have just 4 fish in the 16G, and decided to let them stay there to keep the bioload up for the filters.

Well that is enough for today I guess.

Community Rules

Old 08-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #6939
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow you're so busy

I just fed the fish. Planning a PWC tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #6940
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Yes, autumn is quite busy.
I changed a 24 oz paintball tank today. I got 4 months out of it. When I was emptying it, I found that there was a ton of CO2 left in it even though the gauge read zero. Prolly could have gone a few more weeks on it.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com