Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #6971
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
heres a pic
I like it, btw. I'm guessing the power head provides enough pressure to force out a majority of the air and thus the ten gallon stays mostly full? Or do you pull it out by another means?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 08-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #6972
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny View Post
Got back from a 5 day vacation yesterday, water changes are in order! Everyone survived- dropped in some broccoli before I left and my neighbor fed the goldfish once while I was gone. Visited the national aquarium in Baltimore and toured DC. Got plenty of pictures.

Do they still have the rainforest exhibit on the top floor at the B'More aquarium? I think that was my favorite.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #6973
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Pwc on SW QT. A moth or two got in there and it got disgusting.

Fed all the tanks defrosted frozen Tubifix, Baby Brine Shrimp, and regular Brine depending on the critters tastes and needs, lol.

My new Scooter Blenny was eating, (a lot) I watched him, thank goodness, I was concerned after it was pointed out to me I should have watched him eat at the store.

Moved some coral frags.

The Rainbows, Gouramis and Angels and Betta were crazy sucking up big blobs of worms.

I am going to try raising some kind of live micro worms for them I think. I meant to do this before and got distracted.

New fish are seemingly doing well.

Called the 2 lfs in my not so local area and they didn't have the SW Pods I was looking to add to my SW tank. The other stores I would also go to were in the opposite direction from work, so I will maybe get some tomorrow, also need more prepared SW and RO/DI water.

Need some liquid ferts for my tanks. And doing some local trading for some new plants for my tanks and my DD tank.

Top off evap today and pwc tomorrow!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #6974
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Do they still have the rainforest exhibit on the top floor at the B'More aquarium? I think that was my favorite.
Oh yes they do. They also have an Australia exhibit.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #6975
Aquarium Advice Addict

Autumsky, love the Pleco . I purchased one for the 100g at my work but he was really shy & then up & died since he was the most expensive fish in there. Isn t that how that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #6976
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to DrearyGrayWorld
I'm setting up a gourami breeding tank don't have right filter so had to do some rigging now just need to wait couple weeks to Establish bacteria colony's...

...Actually that's another thing Im going to do today is learn more about the bacteria colony's.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #6977
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just moved my two new bettas almost 400 miles by car yesterday and set them up, everything is going well so far.

Fed the fish today and can't find a platy, sometimes when the fish die the snails eat them before I can remove them so the tank turns cloudy, I'm planning on doing a large PWC today to make that go away.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #6978
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo one View Post
Autumsky, love the Pleco . I purchased one for the 100g at my work but he was really shy & then up & died since he was the most expensive fish in there. Isn t that how that works?

Yup!

I ended up getting mine for a GREAT deal. He was 29.99, then 30% sale, then I got 20% off of that price. So about 16.80. I went back to the store to get the other one just as someone else was taking him home. In looking between the two fish I chose the better looking one, but I think mine is a female based on seeing the two together in the tank. He had torn fins so I picked the other, he seemed darker and more narrow around the center to tail than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykat364 View Post
Just moved my two new bettas almost 400 miles by car yesterday and set them up, everything is going well so far.

Fed the fish today and can't find a platy, sometimes when the fish die the snails eat them before I can remove them so the tank turns cloudy, I'm planning on doing a large PWC today to make that go away.

Glad you will be home with your fish and your Bettas made it well!

I fed defrosted frozen bbs, brine shrimp and Tubifix worms again and the fish were practically doing flips out of the water to get them, lol!

SW Found my new Royal Grammas body in my substrate. New fish and didn't make the 2nd day. The Scooter Blenny is doing great I see him eating all day long. I am trying to get some extra pods for my HOB so there will continue to be an adequate supply for his gobbling. He really loves the bbs, baby brine shrimp! I fed a little worms and didn't see him eat them but they were gone an hour later.

Trying to arrange a few fish acquisitions and trade over the next week. A friend of mine is closing down one of her tanks and offered me her 2 SAE, Siamese Algae Eaters, they are appx 4 inches, for my 72G. I was very excited, as I really like them!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #6979
Aquarium Advice Addict

I look at it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408434732795.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	247288  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #6980
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Finally got the ammonia levels in the 30g to drop, the bacteria seem to finally be doing something....

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com