Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #6981
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Went to my LFS and got two black mollies and two red wag platies, hopefully healthy Also noticed that my gold molly looks a bit ill as his tail isn't fanning out like it normally does. Hopefully he hasn't come down with anything :/

The new fish keep spitting out the food I have and I'm kind of confused considering they're micro pellets. If it keeps up I'll have to buy new food I guess. Do you think it looks fine enough for them to swallow? The gold molly sometimes does it too.

Here are pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669092.787722.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	247588 shy mollies Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669113.659430.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	247589 red wags Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669156.081610.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	247590 gold molly Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669366.679983.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	247591Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408669384.938956.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	247592 the food

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 AM   #6982
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I bought a beautiful new betta for my 6 gallon tank.

I replaced the carbon filters in both my 6 gal and my axxie tank.

I played with my axolotls!

Old 08-22-2014, 04:38 AM   #6983
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I did a 70% water change on my 55g, a 50% water change on my 29 and a small water change on my 10. I made a huge mess in the basement as I always do when I change the water (tanks are located in the basement). I really need a python!

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:15 AM   #6984
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Went to not so local lfs found a bunch of SW Zoas and a Fiji Leather. 8 total.

Things are looking good in the tank so far. Fed BBS to SW, pwc on sw. The Scooter Blenny I got really was a Red Scooter Dragonet It is gobbling up food like crazy. Lfs was out of reef pods / Tisbe Pods, they had nothin.

Have been doing special lighting times on my 6.6G Edge, it has a little algae because I was not keeping very good track of the time and ended up leaving the light on while I was away. Way too long. Need to get a timer to make sure I don't over do the light on it.

Of course fed all the fish gave them a fast a couple days ago, can't remember when. Been too busy lately.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #6985
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Swopped a male swordtail for a female today. Got him about 2 weeks ago, thinking he was female (his tail didn't have a spike and I only noticed that male fin when I got home)

The other male ignored him at first, but then his tail spike started to grow and the other male started following him around, not aggressive yet, but sort of going "what the heck are you, dude or dame?"

I was worried he would get aggressive so I exchanged him for a female.

She seems to be settling in ok, and the male is now very pleased with his harem of 2 females.

Next challenge : want to completely redo the decor in my little 10 gallon betta tank. No idea what to do.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #6986
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Introduced the first half of my new tetra school: happy fishes & settling in well
Old 08-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #6987
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Found a couple more corals and some macroalgae for my SW and a new little Clown Goby. Bought more prepared SW and a new 5G container, the nice ridged kind the collapsible ones scare me like would puncture too easily in MY trunk, lol. Got some Phytoplankton food and a new 10W 50/50 light bulb for a spot light for the SW tank 5G.

Got 10 Celestial Pearl Danios - were on sale for 4 for $10 but since they were kinda small, he gave me 5 for $10 yipee, and a 4 inch upside down cat, Synodontis nigriventris for my DD 46G we are about to set up!

Owner showed me some really cool but really expensive Tetras 14.99 each can't remember the name right now but pretty Kinda like a black neon but with a honey to orange color above.

Moved fish from one QT to another QT to accommodate the fish purchases for the day, getting ready today to possibly move the Cardinals to the DT. Depends on what other chores I can find to do before work.

Read that the upside down cat likes DW, so went out to my grow out tank and grabbed a big DW from it and out came the hugest bunch of plants that had grown attached. It was dark and I couldn't see so I just put the whole thing in there.

It was a Java Moss ball the size of my head!!! It was about the size of a softball a month ago! That was the biggest most amazing Java Moss growth I have ever had!!!

Really great fish day!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #6988
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Big water change because nitrate and phosphate were out of whack. Trimmed and replanted the Ammania bonsai (left rear corner). BBA and stag horn algae appear to under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #6989
Aquarium Advice Freak

My dad's platy is giving birth as I type this!! She looked pretty big and when I saw the white spot between her two bottom fins along with her squaring off I knew they would come pretty soon.

Going to try to breed my betta with my sister's, he keeps wrecking his nest I don't know what's happening. Hopefully he builds a big one now that she's in a jar in his tank. If I only let them do one or two embraces, how many fry do you think I'll get? Mom doesn't want 200+ fry but I'd really like to get at least a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #6990
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lost an orange molly today, ever since I introduced the new ones fish have been dying Saw something black dart around the tank, could've been debris but I have two female mollies who could've had fry

Namirah🐠Canadian, Eh?🐠

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com